Arsenal

MiG16

Non-qualification for the Champions League looks ominously realistic now. Even the detached Stan Kroenke can't ignore that if it happens. Messages of support from the board are deafeningly absent.

Dunno why you would think I would switch teams now Chic - having supported them through the lean yearstongue.png

I had to laugh!

Arsenal’s full first-team squad were all fit enough to train together on Monday for the first time this season, just hours after their Premier League title change was mathematically over.

facepalm.gif

Confirming my role as Mr super-plastic, I walked out (from the livecast at Mulligans in Bangkok) at half time. Not a specific anti-Weneger move - just bored $hitless with the super-crap the team is playing these days. Managed to spot Wellbeck's goal in a bar in soi Nana on the way back to the car park though - looked a good 'un.

Arsenal do need a succession plan; Wenger won't live forever. I used to think that Martinez was a shoe-in for the job but he seems to have a blind spot when it comes to defending. Koeman would be a good bet, but you always have to worry that someone else will come and pinch him (probably Chelsea or City).Those that want Wenger out now need their bumps feeling.

• Like 1

If that bloke with the banner is who I think he is, I sat a couple of rows behind him once.

He spent the entire match swearing like an absolute trooper in front of a lady steward. The only time she told him off was when he said "C--T", at which point she said "Now don't use that word, there's children around"!

biggrin.png

We are playing well below par, but the combined forces of the Mancs' only getting 1 point out of 6. Sweet!

Maybe not 'doomed captain' after all!

Still need a point out of City at the etihad next weekend to be sure of 3rd. Our last game at home to Villa should in these abnormal circumstances of their abrogation of duty be a banker*. In normal circs they could be a bogey team, like Soton.

Extraordinary season to the last. Chelsea seemingly have the casting vote on who replaces them in the position they seemed nailed onto last August. What price they finally dump the plucky foxes out of it (Chic will know the odds no doubt).

*Famous last words alert!

If that bloke with the banner is who I think he is, I sat a couple of rows behind him once.

He spent the entire match swearing like an absolute trooper in front of a lady steward. The only time she told him off was when he said "C--T", at which point she said "Now don't use that word, there's children around"!

biggrin.png

Actually I thought that was you standing to the right of the banner as we look at it. Hair styles not a million miles from yer avatar. [Pick any one of two]

We are playing well below par, but the combined forces of the Mancs' only getting 1 point out of 6. Sweet!

Maybe not 'doomed captain' after all!

Still need a point out of City at the etihad next weekend to be sure of 3rd. Our last game at home to Villa should in these abnormal circumstances of their abrogation of duty be a banker*. In normal circs they could be a bogey team, like Soton.

Extraordinary season to the last. Chelsea seemingly have the casting vote on who replaces them in the position they seemed nailed onto last August. What price they finally dump the plucky foxes out of it (Chic will know the odds no doubt).

*Famous last words alert!

What price the tiny totts win would be more appropriate. Any other result means 55 years and counting:)

I'd love it if Soton nicked a win today, but realistically I think we're looking at four points to guarantee 3rd, or three to guarantee 3rd.

Either way it's Super Sunday, so a Monday hangover beckons.

• Like 1

I'd love it if Soton nicked a win today, but realistically I think we're looking at four points to guarantee 3rd, or three to guarantee 3rd.

I do laugh at those who berate your gay Frenchman but he has been one of the finest coaches in the world for over twenty years.

Quite why he's been such a poor manager in terms of finding the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle in many seasons remains a mystery.

I still hope you sack him in this summer same as all the others! :D

Looks like this game is gonna be a cracker! But Sanchez is going to have to match Aguero for us to have a good chance. Possible, but unlikely.

Why did Man City not start like that against Real?

I do laugh at those who berate your gay Frenchman but he has been one of the finest coaches in the world for over twenty years.

Quite why he's been such a poor manager in terms of finding the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle in many seasons remains a mystery.

I still hope you sack him in this summer same as all the others! :D

"gay Frenchman"?

Stop being retarded now eh? We've had this conversation before.

Not much structure to Arsenal's game without Ozil and Wellbeck's injury forcing a slight change of emphasis in favour of midfield vs attack.

Sanchez has been poor - Arsene my have to bring on Walcott instead if he doesn't get going - he's having one of those busy, busy, busy, run into trouble games, function of him not knowing where his team mates are going to be. I would say City are edging it but the result probably depends on whether their legs can last out having had the extra mid week game. Happy it's still level at this stage - much easier for City run through tired legs if they get ahead.

Dig a hole Smokie, keep digging!

$hit - just what we didn't need. Goal from the guy that Carmine reckoned wasn't worth the money! Bet he thinks different now.

Happy with that - should get us third spot.

Strange game - village green mixed with touches of class for the goals. De Bruyne MOtM by a country mile.

Shame about Wellbeck if it means missing the Euros (would be surprised if it's otherwise). He's the natural partner for Kane.

Wilshere used it nicely as a reminder that he is not the bozo that other fans paint him. He looked very sharp in his first real outing since what seems like forever. I think he was critical to getting the point just in terms of presence and energy. Arsenal do not have anyone else with his charisma. Hope that does not creep him into Roy's 30 but I think it will!

• Like 1

Shame about Wellbeck if it means missing the Euros (would be surprised if it's otherwise). He's the natural partner for Kane.

Wilshere used it nicely as a reminder that he is not the bozo that other fans paint him. He looked very sharp in his first real outing since what seems like forever. I think he was critical to getting the point just in terms of presence and energy. Arsenal do not have anyone else with his charisma. Hope that does not creep him into Roy's 30 but I think it will!

say again, you think Wilshere has charisma!!!!! If he ever did which i doubt it went with the bypass op.

He's a gobby midget, made of glass and a total liability. So yes, he'll probably scrape in.

biggrin.png

say again, you think Wilshere has charisma!!!!! If he ever did which i doubt it went with the bypass op.

He's a gobby midget, made of glass and a total liability. So yes, he'll probably scrape in.

biggrin.png

I can only assume that in Santi's mind charisma is that undefinable characteristic of getting pissed in nightclubs and rowing with people.