Arsenal

MiG16

It's never worth selling decent defenders at the sort of prices that defenders go for. World class proven striker - 70mill plus; world class proven defender 30mill at most - understand the principle but t has got far too skewed in recent years.

On Vardy/Mahrez I'll follow the Chicog criteria of waiting 'til it's on Arsenal.com!

PS-it's not Chicog that has been moaning about how little we spent- that would be me.

^City scouts have seats at Arsenal...hoping we get Bellerin this time around.

Why would he go to you when Barc are calling ?

If City and Barca offer the same then maybe as a spaniard he might choose Barca over City, but maybe he's an anglophile and would fancy taking our money and working within our very Spanish setup.

It's never worth selling decent defenders at the sort of prices that defenders go for. World class proven striker - 70mill plus; world class proven defender 30mill at most - understand the principle but t has got far too skewed in recent years.

On Vardy/Mahrez I'll follow the Chicog criteria of waiting 'til it's on Arsenal.com!

PS-it's not Chicog that has been moaning about how little we spent- that would be me.

Re: Vardy.

A really great way for his agent to get him a pay rise. I still haven't seen *any* evidence we've even spoken to Leicester.

Re Vardy keeping a 'big' club like Arsenal waiting.

From non league, to PL Champions, to Arsenal 120,000 what's to think about?

Any club with dignity would tell him to take a hike, if he has to think about it for so long.

^City scouts have seats at Arsenal...hoping we get Bellerin this time around.

Why would he go to you when Barc are calling ?

If City and Barca offer the same then maybe as a spaniard he might choose Barca over City, but maybe he's an anglophile and would fancy taking our money and working within our very Spanish setup.

No might's about it he would biggrin.png

Strike sensation eh? Couple of excellent games then a couple of games in which he faded second half is my memory

Sorry mate but that 18 year old across town from you was the strike sensation of the latter part of the season and I don't think you are signing him.

Don't get me wrong - Iwobi may end being a good signing from your feeder club, but one thing I do trust Wenger to get right is that he does not throw out potential world class. I was much more disappointed that you got Sagna (untypical of many Arsenal fans who did not seem to appreciate him as highly as I think he warranted) though not much Wenger could do about that and maintain the wage balance in the squad.

Sorry mate but that 18 year old across town from you was the strike sensation of the latter part of the season and I don't think you are signing him.

We don't need to look across town Santi. We already have Kalechi Iheanacho who was far more prolific

We don't need to look across town Santi. We already have Kalechi Iheanacho who was far more prolific

I hope this isn't an excuse for not buying Messi. :(

I hope this isn't an excuse for not buying Messi. sad.png

No smokes. The plan is to have Messi as Nacho's mentor

• Like 1

If he came he could always do a few matches on the wing and then promote a campiagn that he's always wanted to be a striker.

Wenger allows even natural and highly effective right wing men to convert to center forward.

I still have seen absolutely no proof whatsoever that we are even in for him.

Agent bullshit to get a pay rise.

If he was available at that price I'm pretty sure Sheikh Yabbydabbydoo would have picked him up by now.

Edited by Chicog

Yep like you say no point in getting too excited or worried until something's on the club website.

Another rumour from a Swiss friend at my local bar last week. Ricardo Rodrigues, a left back of the Swiss national team and at Wolfsburg is also rumoured in Swiss press to be potentially Arsenal-bound.

Have seen both him and Xaha in a couple of the Swiss games on replay. Can't say I was overly impressed with our new acquisition (competent and seemed to have an air of authority but not 32mil effective by a long way); lets see how he shapes up in the kOs. Rodrigues - I do not recall anything special but I wasn't particularly looking at him. Sounds like a bs rumour to me as there is no pressure on left back position, unless there is something we don't know about Keiran Gibbs as reserve/rotator.

I do really worry about Wilshere - OK he's still unfit and he may have been given a confusing brief last night, but that doesn't entirely explain what looked to be disinterest in the first half (slightly better before his substitution in that respect, but still losing ball). In the first half he was pedestrian and almost never took the trouble to find space when colleagues were looking for their next pass. Uncharacteristic and surprising, given that Arsene was in the stands. I would never have expected to be calling for an Arsenal man to be taken off an international pitch.

Yep like you say no point in getting too excited or worried until something's on the club website.

Another rumour from a Swiss friend at my local bar last week. Ricardo Rodrigues, a left back of the Swiss national team and at Wolfsburg is also rumoured in Swiss press to be potentially Arsenal-bound.

Wow so your swiss friend reads the tabloids, too.

This has been going around for weeks.

Sorry - I don't read tabloidslaugh.png (so I'd better keep my gob shut in future.

Sorry - I don't read tabloidslaugh.png (so I'd better keep my gob shut in future.

Come on Santi, get with the program.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Arsenal

thumbsup.gif

Jeez - so much bull$hit in the air! Think I'll pass on monitoring that - I make that 72 references/articles in the last 4 hours.w00t.gif

And probably 72 of them pure baloney.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog