Arsenal

MiG16

Perish the thought that by the end of the weekend you might be out of the CL, one point out of nine in the league, no creative midfield left and Wilshire out for three more weeks. :D

And no manager either....smile.gif

That might not be such a bad thing because with what they'vebeen left within their squad Pullis, McCarthy of even Colin might offer a more suitable style of play for them to gring out some points.

The current state of the woolwich wanderers gives me a warm feeling all over. :D

Perish the thought that by the end of the weekend you might be out of the CL, one point out of nine in the league, no creative midfield left and Wilshire out for three more weeks. :D

And no manager either....smile.gif

That might not be such a bad thing because with what they'vebeen left within their squad Pullis, McCarthy of even Colin might offer a more suitable style of play for them to gring out some points.

The current state of the woolwich wanderers gives me a warm feeling all over. :D

not as warm a feeling as seeing your beloved spuds at the foot of the table, be it only after one game. laugh.gif long may it continue ! biggrin.gif

Look I wish you guys the best of luck tonight.

What a coincidence to find you here as I was wondering statistically speaking how many gooners will be falling on their own swords tonight rather than being sliced up by the opposition?

Anyway I hope they get beaten. Heavily. I'm debating whether to go down the pub and watch it.....

Look I wish you guys the best of luck tonight.

What a coincidence to find you here as I was wondering statistically speaking how many gooners will be falling on their own swords tonight rather than being sliced up by the opposition?

Anyway I hope they get beaten. Heavily. I'm debating whether to go down the pub and watch it.....

hope you haven't just choked on your pint smokie. VPs just netted the equalizer ! wink.gif

didn't have any money on the game did you ? laugh.gif

2 - 1 to the Arsenal (Walcott) after Szczesny makes a great penalty save !

the young lad at right back Jenkinson making only his second appearance his is having a good game too. not bad for someone who was playing non league football this time last year. smile.gif

Edited by tigerfish

the young lad at right back Jenkinson making only his second appearance his is having a good game too. not bad for someone who was playing non league football this time last year. smile.gif

Lucky buggers...if only the bar and post hadn't saved ya in the 1st half....

These Spurs fans seem to spend more time here than on the Tottenham thread. Most probably due to there being not much to cheer at their end or they're secretly closet Arsenal fans lol

Edited by katana

Lucky buggers...if only the bar and post hadn't saved ya in the 1st half....

i tell you what smokes. still looking for a forward ? that Antonio de Natale would fit in well at WHL ! what was it ? hit the post 3 times and a missed penalty over the two legs. laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

Y.........................E..........................S !!!!

[Had power cut all night until 5 minutes ago]

What a get-out-of-jail card for Arsene. So smug that I switched away from my Arsene boo boy stance a coupla weeks ago. Fully expected to be depressed this morning. I'm off to clear the pool form last night's storm with a skip in my step.

Still a long way to go to get back up there, but we're back in the game

One out of four correct is just about average for Spuds (one point out of nine in the League - correct). Ramsey is creative, just hasn't settled into the role yet. Willshere 2 weeks not 3 - but then you might be right since Arsene always looks on the bright side :rolleyes:

One out of four correct is just about average for Spuds (one point out of nine in the League - correct). Ramsey is creative, just hasn't settled into the role yet. Willshere 2 weeks not 3 - but then you might be right since Arsene always looks on the bright side :rolleyes:

Wenger knew he would lose Fabragas and probably Nasri. He should have just bitten the bullet and got replacements ASAP, but now even if he gets someone the season is under way and new players take time to settle in. I think Arsenal are going to have a rough first half.....lets see.

Credit to Arsenal the other night. Gutsy positive performance.

So confident am i in your capacity as a big club in decline i can be slightly charitable on this thread. Ramsey is a talent but he really isn't ready yet. Wilshire is a good player but no Patrick Viera. Is there anyone i've missed?

Hold on a minute....is anyone there????? Are you all asleep? Its sooooo quiet on here. :o

From the rumour mills:

It is being reported this morning that Arsene Wenger has given up hope of signing Phil Jagielka from Everton and has finally decided to pitch in with an opening bid for Bolton's Gary Cahill.

The Mirror reckons that Wenger has valued Cahill at just £6million as the big defender only has one year left on his contract, and like Marouane Chamakh a couple of years ago, Wenger thinks that Bolton's 17m price-tag is unrealistic when he could join Arsenal for free next summer

7 days left and we are opening the bidding with a typical Arsenal stingy bid (which is probably as much down to the financier side of the club as to Wenger). In an environment where 5 sides in the world are (over)paying whatever it takes and where there may be a global recession re-emerging, with all the consequences that has for businesses that get caught up in bubbles, I tend to agree with a cautious approach. But if we do not splash the cash on one player (or find some formula to relax the wage restriction without committing long term) then they are going to kill the goose; the fans are still capable of going into full-revolt mode this season and I agree with comments above that we are not going anywhere fast in the first half of this season in any event.

The CL draw has been relatively kind to Arsenal - at last something broke for us. Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal should qualify with not much trouble. Lucky ole Man U - can leave that one to the B team (the Berbatov team :rolleyes: ) and still top their group

Edit: make that 4 sides. SAF is a wily old bird and Man U can attract good players without resorting to megabucks. On third thoughts make that 3; FCB don't have to overpay to attract the best either. City/Chelski/RM. These 3 have to get to a position where they supplant FCB and MU to justify the money they spent to get there.

Edited by SantiSuk

From the rumour mills:

It is being reported this morning that Arsene Wenger has given up hope of signing Phil Jagielka from Everton and has finally decided to pitch in with an opening bid for Bolton's Gary Cahill.

The Mirror reckons that Wenger has valued Cahill at just £6million as the big defender only has one year left on his contract, and like Marouane Chamakh a couple of years ago, Wenger thinks that Bolton's 17m price-tag is unrealistic when he could join Arsenal for free next summer

7 days left and we are opening the bidding with a typical Arsenal stingy bid (which is probably as much down to the financier side of the club as to Wenger). In an environment where 5 sides in the world are (over)paying whatever it takes and where there may be a global recession re-emerging, with all the consequences that has for businesses that get caught up in bubbles, I tend to agree with a cautious approach. But if we do not splash the cash on one player (or find some formula to relax the wage restriction without committing long term) then they are going to kill the goose; the fans are still capable of going into full-revolt mode this season and I agree with comments above that we are not going anywhere fast in the first half of this season in any event.

The CL draw has been relatively kind to Arsenal - at last something broke for us. Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal should qualify with not much trouble. Lucky ole Man U - can leave that one to the B team (the Berbatov team :rolleyes: ) and still top their group

Edit: make that 4 sides. SAF is a wily old bird and Man U can attract good players without resorting to megabucks. On third thoughts make that 3; FCB don't have to overpay to attract the best either. City/Chelski/RM. These 3 have to get to a position where they supplant FCB and MU to justify the money they spent to get there.

How much did Barca spend on Villa last year, Sanchez and Fabregaz this year? seems like they spent more than Chelsea did this year for sure. I dont count Torres - obviously ambro lost a bet or something on that one.

Our esteemed (according to SAF) manager is not a pretty sight at the moment. He reminds me of those men in grubby macs who hang around English supermarkets at 4 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, waiting for the going-off meat to be repriced and then complaining that 'this ones got a hole in the packaging, can you knock it down further?"

Our esteemed (according to SAF) manager is not a pretty sight at the moment. He reminds me of those men in grubby macs who hang around English supermarkets at 4 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, waiting for the going-off meat to be repriced and then complaining that 'this ones got a hole in the packaging, can you knock it down further?"

Always wondered what you lot did at half time...whistling.gif

So, let's see what you've got up your sleeve now uncle Arsene.

Looks like the answer is .... nothing .... except some excuses which Arsene is at pains to get in early

----------------------------------------------------------

Ex Beeb Sport

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said the club can challenge for the Premier League title if he brings in new faces. After the high-profile departures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, Wenger wants two or three new players to strengthen his squad.

"I am anxious because I want to do it and I try everything to do it," said Wenger. "We are dependent on the desire of the people who have the players to sell the players."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well try not pissing off the people who have players to sell with stupid offers then mate, when everyone knows you have buckets of cash jangling around in your pocket!

[This was the background for the supermarket bargain hunter comment BTW]

So, let's see what you've got up your sleeve now uncle Arsene.

Looks like the answer is .... nothing .... except some excuses which Arsene is at pains to get in early

----------------------------------------------------------

Ex Beeb Sport

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said the club can challenge for the Premier League title if he brings in new faces. After the high-profile departures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, Wenger wants two or three new players to strengthen his squad.

"I am anxious because I want to do it and I try everything to do it," said Wenger. "We are dependent on the desire of the people who have the players to sell the players."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well try not pissing off the people who have players to sell with stupid offers then mate, when everyone knows you have buckets of cash jangling around in your pocket!

[This was the background for the supermarket bargain hunter comment BTW]

Anxious? laugh.gif

I bet that's not how his shrink put it! cheesy.gif

Don't understand this, arse sell Nasri to city for 20-25m with one year left on contract and offer 6m for Cahill also 1 year left on contract ;) i didn't realize that Levy does there financial negotiations :D

I can't imagine anyone wanting to join them now. What a laughing stock they are! biggrin.gif

Don't understand this, arse sell Nasri to city for 20-25m with one year left on contract and offer 6m for Cahill also 1 year left on contract ;) i didn't realize that Levy does there financial negotiations :D

I can't imagine anyone wanting to join them now. What a laughing stock they are! biggrin.gif

yeah your right smokie !

i mean imagine anyone wanting to join a team that's earnt their 14th CL spot in a row as opposed to a team that's only qualified for the league once in how many attempts. and that's without flashing the cash about, bringing in big name signings and having a merry-go round of managers. wink.gif

I reckon Cahill will go on the last day of the window....and to the highest bidder for around £15m....which rules you lot out. I'm hoping Daniel has earmarked a wee kitty for him...wink.gif

You guys reckon that Modric is not for sale ... and you want us to take you seriously on other transfer predictions you make? Yer avin a larf :whistling:

I reckon Cahill will go on the last day of the window....and to the highest bidder for around £15m....which rules you lot out. I'm hoping Daniel has earmarked a wee kitty for him...wink.gif

Looking at Spurs and Arsenal today, I reckon he's better off staying put and playing in a decent team.