Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

22 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

George,

I have often wondered just as to why they kept the Battle of Britain flight in such tip top condition and now I know..

With a Spitfire,Hurricane and Lancaster at England's command you should fear nothing from the foe..:smile:

Well you never know, all the computer controlled weapons could be disabled with an EMP.

The fact is history is repeating itself by stealth and misinformation unless you keep aware of what the EU are up to.

This is no conspiracy theory, just a look at the demography of the last 50 years and make a comparison.

I can go on, but is it necessary?

Those outside of the equation might not fully understand.

:smile:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nauseus said:

Nah. If you can't be bothered then neither can I. Don't jump in with responses to post replies that were not to you without looking at the history/context. If you had truly read my last few posts you would not have posted like that.   

Okay, but are you pro or anti Brexit and what is your own interest in it?

A line or two might give me a better idea what you have an objection to in my comment/reply.

Did you read all my posts on this thread? All 229 pages, and you never missed one?

Your recent posts suggest you are pro-EU, is that not correct?

Please clear this up.

:thumbsup:

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Well you never know, all the computer controlled weapons could be disabled with an EMP.

The fact is history is repeating itself by stealth and misinformation unless you keep aware of what the EU are up to.

This is no conspiracy theory, just a look at the demography of the last 50 years and make a comparison.

I can go on, but is it necessary?

Those outside of the equation might not fully understand.

:smile:

George,

I am aware that it is a most complex issue.part of which,to my mind,follows a distinct pattern that Prof Michael Howard highlighted years ago when writing about Britain's Continental Commitment.The almost 1,000 years of to-ing and fro-ing on the subject between what might broadly be called "Little Englanders" and "Continentalists" certainly makes for some interesting reading.

Anyway,the best of luck to the UK in her future endeavours.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, adammike said:

You forget the row over the Henry Vlll power grab.The government could then remove any laws they didn't like without any debate or approval from the house of commons.

That was scrapped if you have kept up with the news. The remoanars have also come up with legal nonsense that has been thrown out.

And the House of Lords has been swamped with Labour/SDP Peers by Tony Blair and later Nick Clegg don't forget.

All will be subject to a vote, but it will take time so most EU laws will be enforced for years hence.

And the UK citizens living in the EU issue?

Not settled yet, why not?

:mad:

4 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

George,

I am aware that it is a most complex issue.part of which,to my mind,follows a distinct pattern that Prof Michael Howard highlighted years ago when writing about Britain's Continental Commitment.The almost 1,000 years of to-ing and fro-ing on the subject between what might broadly be called "Little Englanders" and "Continentalists" certainly makes for some interesting reading.

Anyway,the best of luck to the UK in her future endeavours.

Thanks, good comment and pleased you have a grip on the European conundrum.

Cheers,

G :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, aright said:

I didn't say that. Once again you are answering questions you wish I had asked.

But since you mention it yes they did. At last count we are still solvent.

Perhaps now you would like to comment on labours record in their last government.

Don't forget the previous Labour governments: Wilson-Callahan/ Blair-Brown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Okay, but are you pro or anti Brexit and what is your own interest in it?

A line or two might give me a better idea what you have an objection to in my comment/reply.

Did you read all my posts on this thread? All 229 pages, and you never missed one?

Your recent posts suggest you are pro-EU, is that not correct?

Please clear this up.

Tell you what. Read a few more, then you'll know.

• Haha 1

I know how Team Brexit doesn't like to read about budgets and matters of an economics nature because it can make for difficult reading, and of course, there are things in this world that are far more important than money, nostalgia and principals being two of them.

But sadly, money is at the heart of all evil they say and nowhere is that more apparent than in reading the UK crime statistics, up by 24% in 2016 and up by 13% in 2017. Today in the TG Amber tells us these increases have nothing to do with staffing and budget cuts, of course they don't Amber now have a nice glass of warm milk and get an early night! Cressida Dick on the other hand (for Dundee's benefit, she's the number one police person in the Metropolitan Police, in London, in England) told us in November last year that staffing cuts would compromise the Mets. ability to tackle the very crime that Amber tells us isn't being caused by budget and staffing cuts - we'll just let the girls sort out that little dispute and get back to us perhaps although I think the answer is pretty clear.

It seems pretty clear that most government departments are coming under spending and staffing pressures and have been for some time, in simpler terms, we can't afford the services that exist so they must be reduced, the armed forces, the NHS, the police and so on. In a stable and somewhat predictable economic environment, aka the status quo, it will be difficult to maintain spending levels; in a Brexit trading environment we're entering into a period of economic uncertainty, if not a total unknown, hence our ability to maintain spending at the current inadequate levels must be seriously at risk of compromise. 

I just wonder if I can persuade nontabury to post his project fear cartoon again because for the first time we may actually have an appropriate place for it!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I know how Team Brexit doesn't like to read about budgets and matters of an economics nature because it can make for difficult reading, and of course, there are things in this world that are far more important than money, nostalgia and principals being two of them.

But sadly, money is at the heart of all evil they say and nowhere is that more apparent than in reading the UK crime statistics, up by 24% in 2016 and up by 13% in 2017. Today in the TG Amber tells us these increases have nothing to do with staffing and budget cuts, of course they don't Amber now have a nice glass of warm milk and get an early night! Cressida Dick on the other hand (for Dundee's benefit, she's the number one police person in the Metropolitan Police, in London, in England) told us in November last year that staffing cuts would compromise the Mets. ability to tackle the very crime that Amber tells us isn't being caused by budget and staffing cuts - we'll just let the girls sort out that little dispute and get back to us perhaps although I think the answer is pretty clear.

It seems pretty clear that most government departments are coming under spending and staffing pressures and have been for some time, in simpler terms, we can't afford the services that exist so they must be reduced, the armed forces, the NHS, the police and so on. In a stable and somewhat predictable economic environment, aka the status quo, it will be difficult to maintain spending levels; in a Brexit trading environment we're entering into a period of economic uncertainty, if not a total unknown, hence our ability to maintain spending at the current inadequate levels must be seriously at risk of compromise. 

I just wonder if I can persuade nontabury to post his project fear cartoon again because for the first time we may actually have an appropriate place for it!

I'm not sure how it works in the UK but in my former town in America spending incresed form 16% of the budget to 48% of the budget, in the span of 7 years, just for retirees pension benefits and healthcare. They expect that number to climb from here. A lot of promises made in the past are now coming due. It's going to get ugly sorting it out here in the states. I hope you folks fare better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

Whoosh went the point of the post, let's attack the poster because that's easier and more fun, sad.

The point went out of your post when you failed to give a full account of what Amber Rudd said I can only put it down to selective point scoring.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/04/07/amber-rudd-says-cuts-not-blame-rise-violence-new-powers-task/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

I fail to see how a government can claim it is acting in the best interests of the nation when it turns its back on domestic issues and concentrates resources on a vaguely defined project that will aggravate the existing problematic domestic issues.

When it comes to trade, nearly every country in the world is trying to belong to a trading bloc, but the brexiteers think they have all got it wrong and much better to trade on an individual basis. Why form a limited company when you can be a sole trader?

According to some it is a well known fact that everyone that voted to leave, voted for brexit whatever the cost. A bit like saying that people never change their mind on buying something once they know the price. Time to go back to the drawing board.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, aright said:

The point went out of your post when you failed to give a full account of what Amber Rudd said I can only put it down to selective point scoring.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/04/07/amber-rudd-says-cuts-not-blame-rise-violence-new-powers-task/

There was no point in giving a full account of what Amber said because that in isolation is only half the picture which viewers were asked to take on face value, along with the other half, which is here: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/07/met-chief-cressida-dick-warns-police-cuts-harder-tackle-violent-crime-extremism

And you accuse of point scoring.....hah!

Edited by simoh1490
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, aright said:

The other half of your picture is from the latest succession of Commissioners of the Metropolitan Police ,Cressida Dick  who like her predecessors complained about lack of funding. Can you name me a predecessor of hers who claimed they had sufficient funding. 

Imo the Met like the NHS doesn't have a funding problem it has a management problem as evidenced this week when it was revealed each NHS trust buys its own supplies and ignores the savings of block buying. 

So you see complaining about staffing and budget cuts as derigueur and part of the job and given your unique insight into these two services you don't see any connection between such cuts and the increase in crime and government spending cuts! That's too bad aright because of all the posters on team Brexit you were the one who I would have labelled most capable of objective argument and most nearly normal, were it not for your tendency to try to be a nob from time to time.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Note how knife possession offences maps neatly onto the Brexit map. The UK is becoming a steadily nastier place. No wonder people want change. Any change. Now.

There has always been knife crime in the UK, as well as gun crime...I have known a few naughty boys put in a box by knives..Modern day info now tells all about near anything..

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, aright said:

Please don't tell me what I see...you're not qualified and if you have slipped into your insult mode at this point I will leave.

Just for the sake of completeness, since we now know you think the problem is mismanagement rather than fiscal belt-tightening, what about the Armed Forces, are they mismanaged also?

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

There has always been knife crime in the UK, as well as gun crime...I have known a few naughty boys put in a box by knives..Modern day info now tells all about near anything..

So that 18% increase in knife crime is imaginary and/or tells us nothing, okaydokay!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

Well that's true

The thing is, since the rise of UKIP, Brexit has given a certain legitimacy to lack of tolerance. That's a shame in my opinion.

• Confused 2