Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

My friend like to drive around the UK with his truck and buy the best Scottish Whiskey.
Then he drive down to Spain and sell the stuff at parties.
On the way back he buy the best Spanish and French wines and then sell them in the UK.
And then I'm not surprised he finds Brexit is shiiiiiiiiiit.

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Even you can't question this ........it is from one of your favourite publications ‘The Guardian’

“A fully electric version of the Mini is to be built in the UK, giving a huge boost to the British car industry and relief to the government as it pursues an exit from the European Union.

The move ends worries the new model could be made overseas after a warning in February from German owner BMW that it may look outside the UK because of the uncertainties caused by Brexit.

BMW now says the electric drivetrain will be built at its plants in Bavaria before being integrated into the car at Cowley, near Oxford.

The car will be a variant of its three-door hatch model and will go into production in 2019”

So which bits will be British? The hub caps? Oh good!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Grouse said:

So which bits will be British? The hub caps? Oh good!

Hub caps  ….. are you replying to the thread about the 1975 referendum ?

What BMW’s commitment does, is secure thousands of jobs for British workers at their Oxford plant; but you don't care about that because it doesn't suit your remainers rhetoric. Instead, you choose to poke fun at this great news for the UK and UK workers ……. well done, we're all laughing

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, tebee said:

Some of us see Freedom of movement as a good thing old bean.......

...and some don’t.

Like the curate’s egg it is good in parts.

Permitting 400,000 Rumanians economic migration to the UK is not in the good part.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

...and some don’t.

Permitting 400,000 Rumanians economic migration to the UK is not in the good part.

• Confused 1

...and some don’t.

...and some don’t.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

In conclusion leaving the CU and moving away from SM convergence, will kill the high volume car production sector over time as it becomes less competitive to assemble vehicles here than say, Hungary. There will be massive knock on effects for component manufacturers.

Assembly in the low wage Visigrad countries is already proving problematic.

This alienation became apparent last June, when the huge VW factory at Bratislava had its first strike since 1992  The Slovak government supported workers’ demands for a 16% pay increase, and Robert Fico, the Social Democrat prime minister governing in coalition with nationalists, asked: ‘Why should a company making one of the highest quality and most luxurious cars, with a high labour productivity, pay its Slovak workers half or one third of the amount it pays to the same workers in western Europe?’ 

I am sure with your sense of fairness you would be on the picket line.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

What BMW’s commitment does, is secure thousands of jobs for British workers at their Oxford plant; but you don't care about that because it doesn't suit your remainers rhetoric. Instead, you choose to poke fun at this great news for the UK and UK workers ……. well done, we're all laughing

Not thousands,the BMW factory in China producing electric cars has very few workers, highly automated, hard brexit, no factory but even BMW knows this wont happen. The British government has already budgeted for MEP"s for 2019 ( purely precautionary of course)

38 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Not thousands,the BMW factory in China producing electric cars has very few workers, highly automated, hard brexit, no factory but even BMW knows this wont happen. The British government has already budgeted for MEP"s for 2019 ( purely precautionary of course)

4 minutes ago, aright said:

Assembly in the low wage Visigrad countries is already proving problematic.

This alienation became apparent last June, when the huge VW factory at Bratislava had its first strike since 1992  The Slovak government supported workers’ demands for a 16% pay increase, and Robert Fico, the Social Democrat prime minister governing in coalition with nationalists, asked: ‘Why should a company making one of the highest quality and most luxurious cars, with a high labour productivity, pay its Slovak workers half or one third of the amount it pays to the same workers in western Europe?’ 

I am sure with your sense of fairness you would be on the picket line.

Sounds like 1970’s Britain...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

No, you still miss the point. The entire drive train will be brought in from Germany. They will rely upon UK wheelbarrow expertise while retaining the Eur1 rating for content. It gives me no joy I assure you. Alec Issigonis must be rotating. At 6000 rpm. 

52 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

No, you still miss the point. The entire drive train will be brought in from Germany. They will rely upon UK wheelbarrow expertise while retaining the Eur1 rating for content. It gives me no joy I assure you. Alec Issigonis must be rotating. At 6000 rpm. 

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Why are you talking about China, has it moved to the EU ??

I am talking about the Mini Plant in Oxford, which employs about 3,800 production workers. If you are going to reply to any comment I make, please try to remain on topic; if you want to spout off about how few workers BMW employs in China, please write your own comment on a relevant thread

Edited by Eloquent pilgrim
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"There are people who are paid to do this for a living. Let them do their jobs whether you agree with what they do or not."

You trust politicians a lot more than me!

We have a remainer PM plus the vast majority of MPs supporting remain....  Why on earth would you trust them?

Trust is a relative term.

They were elected democratically and unless they resign or ar fired they will be there until the next election and many of them will still be there after the election.

As I pointed out to another poster despite the thousands of posts and millions of words both for and against Brexit there isn't a damn thing that we can do about it. The only way that any of us can change it is to live in the UK, stand as a candidate at the next election, win that seat and then just possibly we can make a difference.

If that does not happen then nothing we do, say, scream, rant or any other term you want to use will make the slightest bit of difference, trust a politician or not.

Our one personal vote MAY make a difference in a contitiuency but most probably not so to quote an old phrase 

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJfJPxLntZU

Verse 2 line 2 seems appropriate.

Praise the Lord and swing into position

Can't afford to be a politician

Praise the Lord, we're all between perdition

And the deep blue sea

7 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"There are people who are paid to do this for a living. Let them do their jobs whether you agree with what they do or not."

You trust politicians a lot more than me!

We have a remainer PM plus the vast majority of MPs supporting remain....  Why on earth would you trust them?

Trust is a relative term.

They were elected democratically and unless they resign or ar fired they will be there until the next election and many of them will still be there after the election.

As I pointed out to another poster despite the thousands of posts and millions of words both for and against Brexit there isn't a damn thing that we can do about it. The only way that any of us can change it is to live in the UK, stand as a candidate at the next election, win that seat and then just possibly we can make a difference.

If that does not happen then nothing we do, say, scream, rant or any other term you want to use will make the slightest bit of difference, trust a politician or not.

Our one personal vote MAY make a difference in a contitiuency but most probably not so to quote an old phrase 

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJfJPxLntZU

Verse 2 line 2 seems appropriate.

Praise the Lord and swing into position

Can't afford to be a politician

Praise the Lord, we're all between perdition

And the deep blue sea

On 5/26/2018 at 8:33 AM, The Renegade said:

In the surreal world inhabited by remainers, the 28% who did not vote, abstained or were just too lazy to vote were remainers ??

Ergo, we should remain in the EU.

:cheesy: Good one!

On 5/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, RuamRudy said:

Of course not, so do not twist my words to suggest something contrary in order to make a cheap dig.

It was stated that Scotland in the EU would have no powers  I give you an example which proves that small countries can have a large impact.

Scotland will have to apply to join the EU and pay their debts to the UK after independence.

Can the EU afford another blood sucker on its books?

• Like 2

On 5/26/2018 at 8:33 AM, The Renegade said:

In the surreal world inhabited by remainers, the 28% who did not vote, abstained or were just too lazy to vote were remainers ??

Ergo, we should remain in the EU.

:cheesy: Good one!

On 5/26/2018 at 9:24 AM, RuamRudy said:

Of course not, so do not twist my words to suggest something contrary in order to make a cheap dig.

It was stated that Scotland in the EU would have no powers  I give you an example which proves that small countries can have a large impact.

Scotland will have to apply to join the EU and pay their debts to the UK after independence.

Can the EU afford another blood sucker on its books?

On 5/26/2018 at 10:03 AM, RuamRudy said:

Disappointing to see that the traditions of Brexiteers misrepresenting the truth - or simply inventing their own reality haven't gone away.

So, which quote is genuine and which is more false news?

Benn and Shore's speeches are verbatim.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
  • Like 1