Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

13 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

No offense tebee old bean, because I think you are a decent sort; but you truly are one of the most negative and depressing souls I have ever come across. I believe you could make water out of wine if you tried.

Chin up man, get some love and support for your county of origin coursing back through your veins

Your country of origin isn't a choice, a religion, it's a coincidence.

An article for the remainers from the Pro - EU Guardian

EU liberal values face a direct threat from populist nationalist forces. The democratic-minded have a clear choice to make

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/19/europe-progressive-far-right-eu-liberal

The article itself is a pretty standard EU lovefest.

Read the comments.

To start you off

Natalie, we have free democratic elections in Europe. People choose the party they would like to govern them then they go and vote for that party.

When the polls are closed the votes are counted and the party with the most votes are the winners.

What is so complicated about this system that Democrats and Liberals don’t understand.

As we say in England “may the best man win”

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

That is true, but does not negate what the poster said

tebee actually makes pessimists look like optimists.

He is merely facing the possible negative outcomes for the UK and for himself although since he is already integrated in France he will doubtless be able to get a permanent residents permit after Brexit, I was able to in Germany before the EU. I think even leavers are resigned to the financial negative outcomes of Brexit in the case of a hard break, it's a bit rich to expect remainers to show the same calm acceptance.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I was able to in Germany before the EU.

Yes, amazing isn't it. People could actually do stuff before the EU.

11 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

it's a bit rich to expect remainers to show the same calm acceptance.

There is a vast difference between calm acceptance, acceptance and hysterics ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Another stunning piece of philosophising. So, what you are saying is that we are not given the choice before being born, as to what country our birth will take place in. Wow, a breathtaking revelation, keep ‘em coming please ??

you disagree? You think teebee should support brexit because the UK is his place of birth, why?

This for me, sums up the whole problem with the EU.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Emmanuel Macron agreed to the broad contours of deeper European integration with a common eurozone budget as the centerpiece, but the details of how the two would pursue closer EU coordination on the economy, security and refugee policy remain vague.

https://www.politico.eu/article/angela-merkel-emmanuel-macron-bridge-differences-on-eu-reform-france-germany/

What does the rest of the EU / EZ Countries think ? They must be full of joy to hear that Macron & Merkel are negotiating on their behalf.

Holland and another 7 Countries have already said no to a common EZ Budget.

These are items that should be discussed in private between EU / EZ member Countries and should be discussed in the media or implemented through the various EU Institutions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

You think teebee should support brexit because the UK is his place of birth, why?

Where did I say that tebee should support Brexit because he was born in the UK ?

Don't bother looking, because I didn't say it, so don't ask me to explain the reason for something I did not say; or worse still, something you presumed I thought. You haven't got a clue as to what I think, so don't ever assume you do have.

11 hours ago, nauseus said:

I thought you liked PPP.

in many ways it's a better metric for a counties effective wealth, but in terms of trading power  real GDP is better.

PPP also shows us just how much  the developed countries are declining because of  demographics. 

17 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

No offense tebee old bean, because I think you are a decent sort; but you truly are one of the most negative and depressing souls I have ever come across. I believe you could make water out of wine if you tried.

Chin up man, get some love and support for your county of origin coursing back through your veins

At the moment I rather feel as if my country is that drunk mate, after you've come out of the club, saying to the gang of toughs he's bumped into, "come on, if you want to make something of it, I can take you all on"

Edited by tebee

14 minutes ago, tebee said:

PPP also shows us just how much  the developed countries are declining because of  demographics. 

Can you explain what you mean by declining because demographics ?

The manufacturing powerhouse that is Germany, has a PPP of 52K

Poor Brexit riddled, utterly useless UK has a PPP of 45.5K

Muddling along France has a PPP of 45.3K

Everyone of the above has had rising PPP for each of the last 8 years.

The top 7 European Countries by PPP all have populations below 20 million, most have population of less than 10 million.

Are you suggesting that the Countries with lower PPP but much higher populations have actually got it wrong ?

2 hours ago, The Renegade said:

Yes, amazing isn't it. People could actually do stuff before the EU.

There is a vast difference between calm acceptance, acceptance and hysterics ?

we're feeling disenfranchised especially now that May has admitted that the EU savings can't cover the costs of the NHS funding increase, still at least the brexiteers won't mind paying.....if the still have a job that is.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Where did I say that tebee should support Brexit because he was born in the UK ?

Don't bother looking, because I didn't say it, so don't ask me to explain the reason for something I did not say; or worse still, something you presumed I thought. You haven't got a clue as to what I think, so don't ever assume you do have.

last sentence, your post # 9980

13 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I think this is what you said

Yes that is exactly what I said 

***Chin up man, get some love and support for your county of origin coursing back through your veins ***

How in heavens name can you interpret that as saying he should support Brexit ??

• Like 1

20 hours ago, aright said:

Northern Ireland consists of just 2.9% of the British population . Like the rest of us they had a vote in the referendumand they should accept the outcome or leave the UK. They need to sort out their own issues rather than expect the 97.1% of the UK who don't live in NI to bend over backwards to accommodate them.

I will however pass on the feelings of your green passport mate to TM so she can plan accordingly. 

Exactly, Bye Bye UK and both of you get what you want, everyone happy.

3 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Yes that is exactly what I said 

***Chin up man, get some love and support for your county of origin coursing back through your veins ***

How in heavens name can you interpret that as saying he should support Brexit ??

'love and support for your country of origin', since you are a leaver that could only mean brexit. Why should he love and support his country of origin ?

Just now, aright said:

None whatsoever but if you find yourself unable to love and support it, surely it makes sense to find another flag and passport? 

Not at all, not all brits. are nationalistic, but even so, I have no desire to find another nationality;

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

'love and support for your country of origin', since you are a leaver that could only mean brexit. Why should he love and support his country of origin ?

This is your comment to me that I was replying to.

***you disagree? You think teebee should support brexit because the UK is his place of birth, why? ***

I did not say, nor do I think that tebee should support Brexit because he was born in the UK. You, thinking you were being smart, tried to imply that I did. I was poking fun at tebbe’s comment, where once again he was belittling and forecasting gloom and doom for the UK.

The comment I made to tebee had nothing to do with you, but your problem is, that you perpetually reply to comments that are posted to someone else, thinking you have a license to reply on their behalf.

“since you are a leaver that could only mean brexit” ….. No, I fully accept remainers opposing views, but expect all UK nationals on this topic to care for their country, there would be little point of being in the discussion if they didn’t.

So, you couldn’t possibly be more wrong, although I doubt if that will stop you trying

28 minutes ago, aright said:

None whatsoever but if you find yourself unable to love and support it, surely it makes sense to find another flag and passport? 

That's not exactly an easy thing to do though is it?

Anyway I'm one of those hated "citizens of the world" who believes that concept of nationality and borders are outdated in this day and age. I believe in the free market and think that should extend to freedom to choose where you live and work. 

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

This is an open forum. Like everyone else who post here, he does have a license to comment on anything posted. If you want to communicate privately with another member, that's what PM is for.

Agreed, that's fine, but you need to have followed a dialogue and not just make an assumption to make a relevant comment; you may also find it acceptable for others to reply on your behalf, I personally prefer to reply for my self. I do however accept your remark concerning the open forum