Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

And  a post Brexit Britain will be a most unfriendly place for manufacturers to work from. 

What manufacturing?

“Over time, if we left the EU, it seems likely that we would mostly
eliminate manufacturing, leaving mainly industries such as design, marketing and hi-tech. But this shouldn’t scare us.”

Patrick Minford

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/politics/1086319/brexit-will-boost-our-economy-and-cut-the-cost-of-bmws-and-even-brie/

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

Press release

Dr Liam Fox launches global investment drive, bringing more than £30 billion to the UK

International Trade Secretary Dr Liam Fox launches a new drive to attract more than £30 billion of investment to 68 projects across the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dr-liam-fox-launches-global-investment-drive-bringing-more-than-30-billion-to-the-uk

Edited by evadgib

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

But already salaries are falling compared to our peers. Soon enough regulations will be slashed, standards lowered, workers' rights eliminated - industry will come flooding back for some of that sweet, sweet freedom we are striving for.

No need to speak about France like that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

Demographics suggest that we will be back very soon as older leaver die off and are replaced by younger pro-EU voters.

Not once those younger people realise they have been sold a crock of sh... by project fear. Once they see how the UK can prosper as an independent nation, and that they can still go on holiday in Spain, they'll be ok with our decision.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

Not once those younger people realise they have been sold a crock of sh... by project fear. Once they see how the UK can prosper as an independent nation, and that they can still go on holiday in Spain, they'll be ok with our decision.

But if it doesn't prosper they will turn against you - and as yet no one knows what post-brexit UK will look like and all the predictions are that the first 40 years or so will be bad. They are not going to wait that long for the sunlit uplands.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Press release

Dr Liam Fox launches global investment drive, bringing more than £30 billion to the UK

International Trade Secretary Dr Liam Fox launches a new drive to attract more than £30 billion of investment to 68 projects across the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dr-liam-fox-launches-global-investment-drive-bringing-more-than-30-billion-to-the-uk

He's promoting investment opportunities worth 33 billion  - we don't know yet if anyone is going to invest in them!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

But already salaries are falling compared to our peers. Soon enough regulations will be slashed, standards lowered, workers' rights eliminated - industry will come flooding back for some of that sweet, sweet freedom we are striving for.

UK wages are higher than inflation for the first time in a while.  This was announced yesterday I believe.

Some regulations need slashing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tebee said:

But if it doesn't prosper they will turn against you - and as yet no one knows what post-brexit UK will look like and all the predictions are that the first 40 years or so will be bad. They are not going to wait that long for the sunlit uplands.

"all the predictions are that the first 40 years or so will be bad"

That is simply not true.  Please use sensible arguments.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

It is really something when remainers are holding out waiting for people to die.

There is a sickness in that comment that should you wiped from this forum.

That is the polite version.

I'm not gloating on that fact, I don't want you or me to die, I'm just pointing out that Brexit will only be a short term pyrrhic victory due to facts.

a) we all get older and die b): Brexit voters were as a rule older than remainers ( although in the +80 section - those that remember the last war - remainers where in the majority ) These facts mean that at sometime in the future, even if no one changes their mind , remainers will be in the majority.

I know leaver are allergic to facts but reality runs on them not rhetoric.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tebee said:

He's promoting investment opportunities worth 33 billion  - we don't know yet if anyone is going to invest in them!

Likewise the 'edge-of-the-world' the gloom-and-doom merchants keep on about.

Image result for we're doomed

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Well of course they said it is being reworked, they had no choice, the document was leaked, what do you expect them to say.

More poignant is what Citi economist Giada Giani said, “Even discussing the idea of a parallel currency or figuring out a coordinated exit from the monetary union, the very fact that it’s put in a document suggests there are very strong forces pushing in that direction”

The markets have spoken, the markets that you continually tell us are the real gauge of events

And what did you really expect to read in Der Spiegel, a left wing tool of the political establishment ?

Was the article in the weekly magazine, or the entirely different "Spiegel Online" which is way behind the printed magazine in journalistic depth and quality ?

online. IMHO game changing documents are always leaked to determine public and market reaction, negative reactions allow the authors to rebuke the authenticity or say ( as in this case, it's out of date ) Hey ECB let us off 250 billion Euro debt. Yes sure OK. I don't think so.

Edited by soalbundy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I think he is also trying to sell them jam?

Scottish Secretary joins President of the Board of Trade Dr Liam Fox at the first Board of Trade held in Scotland

• As the Board of Trade meets in Stirling, International Trade Secretary Dr Liam Fox recognises the exceptional international trading performance of six Scottish companies with Board of Trade Awards (BOFTAs).

• Dr Liam Fox launches a new drive to attract more than £2 billion of investment to Scottish companies, part of 68 projects across the UK being promoted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/board-of-trade-comes-to-scotland

Edited by evadgib

14 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Far more likely is that curmudgeonly old Brexiteers will refuse to die and clog up the NHS in a growing tidal wave of moaning and groaning, thus bringing on the disaster they sought to avoid.

What's wrong with being a curmudgeon? I enjoy ordering my eggs sunny side down and when people say have a nice day telling them no thanks I have other plans. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tebee said:

I'm sorry the subilies of English satire flew over your head somewhat there, but maybe it  only to be expected of a Brexiter.

I was ask to show who I was quoting, which I did, showing it was in fact, my alter-ego. The David Allen Green bit I just left in to show the context in which the statement was made.

Why do you always respond by trying to belittle anyone that has a different opinion to you regarding the UK leaving the EU, with your faux intellectual superiority….. “but maybe it is only to be expected of a Brexitier” …… is it really necessary ??

Maybe if I had your implied superior intellectual quotient, I would know what ‘subilies’ were and they wouldn't have flown over my head (*∆*) ??  ✌️✌️

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I think most people in Continental Europe are far more concerned with what a post-Brexit EU will look like, and more poignantly, who will be next out of the door, and how much un-repayable debt they will take with them. Enter, or rather exit, stage left, Hungary, Poland, Italy, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Portugal  ….. what a fabulous decision the electorate of the UK have made

Are you saying you find it fabulous for the daydreams its brought you?

14 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Scottish Secretary joins President of the Board of Trade Dr Liam Fox at the first Board of Trade held in Scotland

• As the Board of Trade meets in Stirling, International Trade Secretary Dr Liam Fox recognises the exceptional international trading performance of six Scottish companies with Board of Trade Awards (BOFTAs).

• Dr Liam Fox launches a new drive to attract more than £2 billion of investment to Scottish companies, part of 68 projects across the UK being promoted.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/board-of-trade-comes-to-scotland

Let's hope his track record is not a determinant of his future success because he has accomplished precious little over the past two years.

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 1

EU starting to get a little edgy

Italy’s emerging ruling coalition is likely to put deeper euro zone integration on hold and could set the stage for the bloc’s next crisis if it delivers on its tax-cutting and high-spending policies, European policymakers and economists fear.

The EU at its finest

EU rules limit government budget deficits to 3 percent of gross domestic product and debt to 60 percent of GDP and oblige governments to seek balanced budgets.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-politics-eu-worry/eu-fears-new-italian-policies-could-set-stage-for-next-euro-zone-crisis-idUSKCN1II1R9?il=0

So why are so many Countries breaking your rules and why are you actively assisting Countries to break your rules.

Not fit for purpose and hence Brexit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1