Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Because it is a fundamental and profound change in the way the Uk is governed and run. You have suggested an extreme outcome that in all likelihood would be much closer.  

Agreed..... a major constitutional change is profound but a 90% to 10% vote is also profound.

As for it being an extreme example if you are going to have a rule it needs to accommodate all scenarios. 

21 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I posted a pamphlet above that was distributed to every single household in the UK that very clearly stated the intention of the Common Market was to merge Europe into one nation

No, you didn't.

Here is the Governments 1975 official paper

http://www.harvard-digital.co.uk/euro/pamphlet.htm

Read, digest and take note. At no point does it say that the Common Market will merge Europe into one nation. At no point does it mention subsequent Treaties that would change by stealth, the Common Market into today's EU.

Main points

The aims of the Common Market are:

• To bring together the peoples of Europe.

• To raise living standards and improve working conditions.

• To promote growth and boost world trade.

• To help the poorest regions of Europe and the rest of the world.

• To help maintain peace and freedom.

Can you read that ? '' The aims of the Common Market '' Does not mention trickery or deceit. So where is the Common Market ?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

No, you didn't.

Here is the Governments 1975 official paper

http://www.harvard-digital.co.uk/euro/pamphlet.htm

Read, digest and take note. At no point does it say that the Common Market will merge Europe into one nation. At no point does it mention subsequent Treaties that would change by stealth, the Common Market into today's EU.

Main points

Can you read that ? '' The aims of the Common Market '' Does not mention trickery or deceit. So where is the Common Market ?

There were three pamphlets delivered to every household before the referendum, you choose the one that does not make it so clear, but you neglect the simple fact that British people were not imbeciles who only read one of the three.

Free thrap material for remainers provided by the Guardian.

UK 'chasing a fantasy' in Brexit talks, top EU official warns

The whole approach of the UK government to the discussions was castigated by a senior EU official involved, who further warned that the bloc would not be forced into positions that were against its interests.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/24/uk-chasing-a-fantasy-in-brexit-talks-top-eu-official-warns

Is this not exactly what the EU is trying to do to the UK, trying to force the UK into a position that is against the UK's interest ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

There were three pamphlets delivered to every household before the referendum, you choose the one that does not make it so clear, but you neglect the simple fact that British people were not imbeciles who only read one of the three.

Do you understand what ''  The Governments 1975 official paper '' is ?

Now I will ask you again, where in the UK Governments official 1975 Referendum leaflet does it mention your statement reproduced below.

52 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

distributed to every single household in the UK that very clearly stated the intention of the Common Market was to merge Europe into one nation

Since you are member of the highly intelligent and well educated remainers. As 1975 was a time at the height of the Cold War with Russia, how would it be possible to use the Common Market '' to merge Europe into one nation '' ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

My dear dad is long gone but if he hadn't lost his marbles living to a ripe old age of 99 to vote in the election I know he would have been a remainer. Anyway the choice now at this late juncture in great part down to the ineptitude of May and the oncoming runaway train of reality according to one of the arch Leave architects seems to be remain or chaos....which do you want ? And so the great Leave betrayal begins ....the incandescent with rage comments are a joy to behold....but I can't add to them as I'm banned as a troll...

“Yes it’s true that May, Hammond, Heywood and Robbins are Remain and have screwed it up but you’re deluded if you think you’ll be able to blame the debacle just on them. Whitehall is better at the blame game than you are, officials are completely dominant in this government, ministers have chosen to put Heywood/Robbins in charge, and YOU will get most of the blame from the public. The sooner you internalise these facts and face reality, the better for the country and you.”

https://order-order.com/2018/05/24/7-cummings-truth-bullets-for-brexiter-tory-mps/

99 is a good innings, shame he didn't make a century. I just don't find it appropriate to use the emotive issue of the possible opinions of our loved ones that saw service in the wars, and have since passed away, to add weight to either side of this debate. You think it's okay, fine, your call ...........pin a rose on you.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Do you understand what ''  The Governments 1975 official paper '' is ?

Now I will ask you again, where in the UK Governments official 1975 Referendum leaflet does it mention your statement reproduced below.

Since you are member of the highly intelligent and well educated remainers. As 1975 was a time at the height of the Cold War with Russia, how would it be possible to use the Common Market '' to merge Europe into one nation '' ?

Not really, do you mean the White Paper or the pamphlet?

Anyway, who cares? Your claim was that the intention of the EU was hidden from the public, I have posted a pamphlet that was distributed to every single household in the UK that informed them of the very intentions that you claim were hidden, I have also posted what some of the trade unions informed  their members, and also what parliament were publicly debating and the fact that the papers were discussing it, it was clearly all very much known to the public.

Your last pedantic tripe I shall ignore.

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

I have no idea how many times I and many others say it. There is only 1 option that is acceptable to the EU and that is for the UK to remain joined at the hip to the EU under the control of Brussels and the ECJ.

Ergo, the UK only has 1 option, to leave the EU on the March 29 2019 and immediately go to WTO rules.

To try and sell anything else to the UK electorate is mis-selling 

Time to give that message to the EU in writing, and sit back and watch the squirming.

You are guilty of willfully misrepresenting the situating there my good sir. The Eu has already given  the UK the option of a Canada like FTA post Brexit based of TM's red lines. This was unacceptable due to the damage it would  do to the UK's trade.

Further progress has been blocked due to the UK being unable to agree with itself what it wants. It's prefered option is still:  all of the benefits of membership without paying for it or having any of the responsibilities. 

2 hours ago, The Renegade said:

I have no idea how many times I and many others say it. There is only 1 option that is acceptable to the EU and that is for the UK to remain joined at the hip to the EU under the control of Brussels and the ECJ.

Ergo, the UK only has 1 option, to leave the EU on the March 29 2019 and immediately go to WTO rules.

To try and sell anything else to the UK electorate is mis-selling 

Time to give that message to the EU in writing, and sit back and watch the squirming.

The squirming will go on past 2023 apparently, it seems the UK is the one squirming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

I am not guilty of misrepresenting anything.

My position now and always has been that Leave means Leave in it's entirety.

But your assertion that

Is more cow manure.

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-what-is-a-canada-style-trade-deal-11096397

Nowhere in the statement above do I read anything that suggests any offer

The EU has always stated that, because of art 50 time constraints, any deal would have to be based off an existing treaty - new trading agreements will take 5-10 years to negotiate and ratify. They offered the Canada deal  as a basis to start negotiation. The UK have not accepted this, but have yet to put any alternative deal on the table to talk about - why do you think this is all the EU fault ?

• Haha 1

What time constraints ?

A readymade deal is already waiting, it is called WTO rules.

The EU are still refusing to talk about any deals as they are still trying desperately to keep the UK shackled to Brussels and the ECJ.

WTO rules is what we will get in 9 months.

The UK government knows that this will be disastrous for the UK which is why they are trying to negotiate for a better deal. Why do you hate the UK so much  that you wish this on them ?

no deal = wto rules 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

The difference between an offer and a threat can be very confusing for some 

Opps quoting seems to be messed up again .

Anyway what I was going to say was if we leave without agreement we end up on WTO rules. The Canada option was a better deal than WTO rules. How can this be considered a threat?

Just now, tebee said:

WTO rules is what we will get in 9 months.

The UK government knows that this will be disastrous for the UK which is why they are trying to negotiate for a better deal. Why do you hate the UK so much  that you wish this on them ?

no deal = wto rules 

"WTO rules is what we will get in 9 months."

If only.... It would at least end the uncertainty that is so damaging.

But I'd be genuinely shocked if this happened as the uk govt. as far as I can see, are doing their best to pacify the electorate by pretending that a 'leave in name only' agreement is actually leaving...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

What time constraints ?

A readymade deal is already waiting, it is called WTO rules.

The EU are still refusing to talk about any deals as they are still trying desperately to keep the UK shackled to Brussels and the ECJ.

There is an illogicality in your arguments here . if we do not strike a deal with the Eu we leave, then WTO rules apply. You seem to want this, but at the same time you are saying that the EU is threatening us with this to keep us shackled to them.

You sound just like the UK government.   

15 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Ahhh, the need to deny. What happened to Mogs idea that if there is no deal we could keep trading for 10 more years on the CU system, would seem to be no hurry then, we could be out and still trade with the EU as before, it's all gone quiet.

Just now, tebee said:

Opps quoting seems to be messed up again .

Anyway what I was going to say was if we leave without agreement we end up on WTO rules. The Canada option was a better deal than WTO rules. How can this be considered a threat?

Has this been offered?

I agree that the 'Canada option' whilst sounding ridiculous, would be a good start to negotiations.  NO leaving payment to the eu, and uk/eu companies can then work on the politicians involved to improve the deal - to the benefit of both sides who already benefit so much from trading with each other.

• Like 2