Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

Ireland has opened up new sea routes direct to the mainland, avoiding the Uk.

Brilliant tebee, absolutely brilliant.

If it goes to WTO rules, Ireland needs a physical border between the ROI and NI, When did the work on this start ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Brilliant tebee, absolutely brilliant.

If it goes to WTO rules, Ireland needs a physical border between the ROI and NI, When did the work on this start ?

It won't happen - there will be one in the Irish sea 

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

It won't happen - there will be one in the Irish sea 

???

So why over the last week have you been shouting loudly about a hard border between the ROI & NI ?

Unless there has been a major rebuild and reroute, the last time I traveled on the M1 between Belfast and Dublin the M1 did not go through the Irish Sea.

Or are you still clinging to the words of Barmy Barnier, who still believes that he is going to split NI from mainland UK as separate trading entities ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

???

So why over the last week have you been shouting loudly about a hard border between the ROI & NI ?

Unless there has been a major rebuild and reroute, the last time I traveled on the M1 between Belfast and Dublin the M1 did not go through the Irish Sea.

Or are you still clinging to the words of Barmy Barnier, who still believes that he is going to split NI from mainland UK as separate trading entities ?

I'm saying I don't think hard Brexit will happen because it will either create a border between NI/ROI or Ireland and UK mainland, both of which would cause  the DUP and/or the Irish government much heartache.

If I'm wrong and we do get a hard brexit , the DUP will blink first or be thrown under a bus by the Tories and the border moved to the Irish sea.

16 minutes ago, tebee said:

I'm saying I don't think hard Brexit will happen because it will either create a border between NI/ROI or Ireland and UK mainland,

So why were you screaming like a baby last week about the UK doing nothing about an Irish Border ?

You cannot have it both ways, if you want to blame the UK Government about inaction, then the same charge must be laid at the door of the Irish Government. They will both be required to provide a border if it comes down to it.

I will repost and say it again.

Nothing has been done because a deal will be struck, probably at the 11th hour. How mutually beneficial it will be remains to be seen.

Time to put the hysterical pills away.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nontabury said:

You could have said “ E.U nationals are free to move to other member states, in order to take jobs from the lowest and most vulnerable workers of that country, or  to impact the salaries of those same lower paid people”.

Just this very morning,while in conversation with a lady we first met,when we returned to the U.K in January. She mentioned that her husband,who is a farm worker,puts in 60-70 hrs a week during the summer months in order to support his family. During the winter months his hours are drastically reduced in order that the farmers/ farm companies can employ Eastern European workers,who consider the cold working conditions to be fairly mild,compared to their home countries. They only stay for about 5 months,or untill they reach the £11,800 tax threshold, then they return home, while still claiming child benefits for the full 12 months, even though their children never enter the U.K. Some do bring their wives and children to the U.K for these few months, when they are also entitled to claim Child tax credits, housing benefits etc. This I queried with her,as I was under the impression that the government had had put a stop to this. She told me that they simple continue to register their presence in the U.K.

This lady is not anti the immigrants as such, but she is very angry at the E.U’s open boarder policy and also very,very angry with those of her fellow citizens, who selfishly do not give a shxt about her, and the predicament the E.U has caused. She also mentioned that her best friend is a Polish lady, who thinks the British are stupid to allow this state of affairs to continue. So perhaps it’s a good thing to allow unrestricted entry to the Poles,as at least they seem to have a degree of common sense, which many of the remainers are lacking.

1E45BBFA-61EB-41CC-88CB-B2E6D8AA1793.jpeg

Sheeple you are missing the word "sheeple".........oh and it was ever us. But the 150 million pound wealthy hedge fund owner Rees-Mogg and Tommy Robinson will lead us to the promised land.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

They will both be required to provide a border if it comes down to it.

For nearly a hundred years there has been 2 borders between the the north and south of Ireland, it has only been a question of how the borders have been managed. For the last 40 years these borders have been between 2 member states of the EU so management has been simplified by common regulation.

Post brexit one border will become an external border to the EU so the EU now have a vested interest in the management of the borders. Until they can teach the cows the regulations it will become extremely difficult to have differing regulation either side of the borders without putting up a fence.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, nontabury said:

She also mentioned that her best friend is a Polish lady, who thinks the British are stupid to allow this state of affairs to continue. So perhaps it’s a good thing to allow unrestricted entry to the Poles,as at least they seem to have a degree of common sense, which many of the remainers are lacking.

So an EU national from another member state thinks that the UK has crazy laws in place, which, I presume, do not exist in Poland? That suggests to me that the power to either maintain or redress said craziness lies at a national level and not with the EU? Would it not be simpler, therefore, to resolve our own internal problems internally?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

My, my, that's really is a huge chip on your shoulder!

Please refrain from being aggressive and insulting to people; you are the first one to cry foul if anyone is even remotely discourteous towards you. Double standards indeed

P.S. and check your grammar please 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

OK tebee.

What has the EU / Ireland done in preparation for WTO rules ?

Could you kindly post the speed dial numbers for both Theresa May and Barnier, we should all be able to speak to them direct ??

You appear to think that everything that is going on is being reported on the press. There will be a multitude of back door talks going on that the press / media do not hear about.

Nothing has been done because a deal will be struck, probably at the 11th hour. How mutually beneficial it will be remains to be seen.

The EU already has its agreements with the WTO and as Ireland is a EU member blah blah ,It's the UK that will Trade UNDER WTO RULES (remember that)if it doesn't make a deal with the EU.

7 minutes ago, adammike said:

The EU already has its agreements with the WTO

So does the UK, and the UK is also a member of the WTO in its own right

The United Kingdom has been a WTO member since 1 January 1995 and  a member of GATT since 1 January 1948. 

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/countries_e/united_kingdom_e.htm

So if you have a point, try and make it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

One wouldn't put a Brexiter in charge of a whelk stall.

Lets have the Germans in charge of everything instead ??

German prosecutor on Monday said they have widened an emissions cheating probe against Volkswagen’s (VOWG_p.DE) luxury car brand Audi [NSUG.DE] to include Chief Executive Rupert Stadler among the suspects accused of fraud and false advertising.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-emissions-probe/prosecutor-says-audi-emissions-probe-widens-to-include-ceo-stadler-idUSKBN1J70Y5?il=0

Rules, what rules ??

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

So does the UK, and the UK is also a member of the WTO in its own right

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/countries_e/united_kingdom_e.htm

So if you have a point, try and make it.

The point is it's all about trading blocks having rules it's not a free for all outside the EU.There is no such thing as free trade countries are only free to make deals,If the UK say want to make a deal with Italy over the importing of wine because Italy is in the EU it has to be done under EU rules,it's the same with south American countries or Asian they are all signed up to trade agreements.As TM found when she swanned of to India the first thing they wanted to discuss was immigration!

There's going to be a border in Ireland unless enough of the NI citizens decide to take up their right to a Republic passport and in the coming referendum (maybe) vote for a united Ireland.

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Please refrain from being aggressive and insulting to people; you are the first one to cry foul if anyone is even remotely discourteous towards you. Double standards indeed

P.S. and check your grammar please 

Why are you replying on behalf of Renegade. I don't think you have a chip on your shoulder but you are a pedant. Very boring being a pedant on web boards

Nothing wrong with my grammar but these iPhone keyboards are small and auto-complete is not perfect.

Nothing I said was aggressive. I suppose stating that your bosom friend has a chip on his shoulder may be insulting to chips ?

Now please get on with the topic. I may just leave you to it for a while, the level of conversation here is not really my level ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Remember too, that single market membership does not equate to leaving the EU.

Another remainer that apparently has never heard of, or understands what a '' Free Trade Agreement '' is.

Of course an FTA is currently not in the EU's vocabulary as it means the loss of £Billions upon Billions of the UK's money.

But a FTA is a totally different beast to Free Market Membership.

The free  market is what makes exporting easy and frictionless. With it, it's a no-brainer for small and medium sized enterprise to sell anywhere in the area. Without it, even in a FTA there are customs and conformity regulations to navigate.  

11 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

???

Well done that man, take yesterday off.

The UK already exports and imports from and to all over the world, this is also done by conforming to customs and other Country regulations.

Now explain it to me why the same cannot be done with the EU ?

I will start you off

1. £ Billions and Billions of the UK's money.

I would be very happy to take yesterday off - spent 5 hours trudging round OTOP with the wife - my legs have not recovered yet !

But this is indeed exactly the point of the single market - one of the things we pay the EU for is the cost of establishing a single regulatory standard and the bodies that issue certification to that standard.

So incide there single market the cost of regulating standards is amortized through the general taxation  and a company can sell its products to a market of 500 million people without extra cost.

Outside that market firms are limited to the local market  of 70 million, unless they pay for each shipment to be inspected for conformity to standards which we no longer have any say in the composition of.

32 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

***Why are you replying on behalf of Renegade. I don't think you have a chip on your shoulder but you are a pedant. Very boring being a pedant on web boards***

I am replying on behalf of myself, not anyone else; and no, it’s not boring, especially when all these intellectually superior remainers keep supplying me with so much material

***Nothing wrong with my grammar but these iPhone keyboards are small and auto-complete is not perfect***

The remainers excuse again; it wasn't me Sarge, it was my iPhone

***Nothing I said was aggressive. I suppose stating that your bosom friend has a chip on his shoulder may be insulting to chips***

You insult again, even as you are in the act of denying that you insult; you insult people on this forum all the time, you have, of course, honed your insulting skills in a way to avoid censorship from the moderators, but some of us can see through the facade, even if we are not keen on reporting other posters

***Now please get on with the topic. I may just leave you to it for a while, the level of conversation here is not really my level***

It certainly is not, but unfortunately not in the way that you imply ……

Bye bye everybody bye bye!

I will come back when there is something interesting to discuss.

Puerile banter just doesn't appeal.

BTW did you attend a debating society at your university?

• Like 1

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20180611/ANE/180619943?template=mobile02&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

Land Rover to move all Discovery production to Slovakia from 2019. Why 2019 I have no idea. Tragic.

The latest electric Jaguars are to be made in Austria.

At least we still have The Mini; well assembly but not drive trains.

I'm off to bed ?

• Like 1