Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

Germany called out for stoking trade tensions with its 'fat' current account

Germany is the EU’s biggest exporter to the US. Over one million jobs are thought to depend on trade with America.  

Germany’s surplus has also been heavily criticised by the world’s lender of last resort, the International Monetary Fund, and its fellow eurozone members.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has tried to defend the country's surplus in recent months, claiming that it was narrowing, thanks to increased domestic demand. 

However, earlier this year, an exposé by German economists claimed that the country was attempting to mask the true scale of its current account surplus in order to avoid more criticism.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/germany-called-stoking-trade-tensions-152516560.html

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

What on earth are you being so precious about, you were only asked a civil and not unreasonable question as to what country you are from. You weren't asked to reveal any personal information whatsoever. I think you have issues if you feel that telling anyone what country you come from is sacrosanct

My nationality is a piece of information I do not wish to share.

Mothing to do with your notions of civility everything to do with my idea of where my privacy starts/ends.

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ok, look at these percentages that voted Leave:

70% of Sun readers

70% of Daily Express readers

66% of Daily Mail readers

22% of FT Readers

10% of Guardian readers

This is a just sample set of newspapers.  There would also have been lots of people who don't read any newspapers voting Leave.  17.4m people voted to Leave the EU. According to your logic that number should be a lot higher.

You obviously weren’t paying attention at school during your mathematics classes were you?!

The class you slept through might have been called Boolean Algebra, Logic, Venn Diagrams or Sets.

Here’s a clue:

I subscribe to two British newspapers, in addition to which I regularly read two other British newspapers. 

In total then I regularly read 4 British newspapers.

I didn’t get 4 votes in the referendum.

Likewise people who read the Sun and the Express did not get two votes...

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Students are included in the Home Office's figures

Under the Census Act anyone who was in the UK on the date of the census and has lived, or intends to live, in the UK for three months or more must be included. The 2011 census also asked immigrants of all categories their date of arrival in the UK and how long they intended to stay.

You quoted the ONS there, not the Home Office, as I said, the ONS does include students.  As does the census, but they provide the data broken down, so the figures don't necessarily include them, and according to the UN rules they are only to be added to the overall population numbers if they stay for at least one full year, which most students do not.

Andrew Adonis :-

One minister just said to me: ‘the thing about Brexit is it’s like the poll tax. It doesn’t matter whether you are for it or against it. It just can’t be done without bringing the whole house down.’  

The poll tax brought Margaret Thatcher down

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Do you think his constituents, who he is paid to represent want a further referendum, or do they just want to leave.

..?

Yes

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, transam said:

Did the UK trade with Europe before the EU came along, did Europe trade with the UK before the EU came along....?

I would suggest ruling the waves has nothing to do with this topic, that is unless you are envious of the UK's past history..

Yes, I was one of those trading with Europe before the single market, and it wasn't easy. Many companies in the area came to us for advice and backed off when they realised how much hassle was involved.

Only those that never participated would advocate going back to that scenario.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all bad news. The UK used to export labourers and construction site workers to Germany, it gave rise to one of the UK's best sit-coms.

I was stationed in Germany in 1972 and a guy I knew at school came to work on a local building site, a real life Auf Weidersehen Pet.

BTW as a labourer he was earning 3 times what I was getting as a SNCO in HM Forces.

How sad that you do not know the difference between a Referendum and a Parliamentary vote. But hey, that is the so called highly educated remainers for you.

Do you actual read the articles you post or are you just blind to anything that does not agree with your views. The statement from Dr Lee clearly states:

“When the Government is able to set out an achievable, clearly defined path – one that has been properly considered, whose implications have been foreseen, and that is rooted in reality and evidence, not dreams and dogma – it should go to the people, once again, to seek their confirmation.”

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, transam said:

Did they have computers back then...?

It has already been stated that the AI solution is not a viable option.

You can put your head in the sand or inside your computer as much as you like but the question of origin is not going to go away. If you choose to remove the common origin then you must accept responsibility for proving origin, something that seems difficult for those that have chosen to leave to comprehend.

Not only will the old hurdles to exporting reappear but new ones are being introduced.

The EC has advised manufacturers they should examine the “legal repercussions” and either get their future CE certification through an EU member state or transfer existing files to an EU-notified body, which could take between two and six months.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/22/uk-jobs-at-risk-ec-warns-on-safety-standards-post-brexit

With the ICO being excluded from participating in GDPR’s one-stop shop mechanism, it also means UK businesses will have to choose an alternative data protection agency within the EU to act as their lead regulator after Brexit — putting yet another burden on startups as they will need to build new relationships with a regulator in the EU.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/29/brexit-blow-for-uks-hopes-of-helping-set-ai-rules-in-europe/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

A good dodge...

You always have all the answers regarding getting foreign folk into the UK, yet you cannot give me a reason or guess why LOS uses the term NON immigrant in PP's...bored.gif.092a2b764b50df993abdedb3a9767401.gif

Transam, I hate to break this to you, but Thailand’s immigration laws and policies have absolutely no bearing on those of the UK.

Do endeavour to grasp that reality and you’ll be able avoid making spacious arguments based on your current misunderstanding.

13 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Spacious arguments ??

I think the word you were looking for was spurious.

Easy mistake to make for a non native English speaker, or those that have a low level of education, but claim to be highly intelligent remainers.

This thread really hits home the major failings of the Demographic models that appeared straight after the Brexit Referendum.

More weak attempts at personal insults and of course the same unfounded assumptions.

Try playing the ball and not the man.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

More weak attempts at personal insults and of course the same unfounded assumptions.

No insult attempted or implied. I was merely trying to assist you in getting to grips with the English Language.

Spacious - Spurious, easy mistake to make.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Try playing the ball and not the man.

I do not need to play the man. You are more than capable of doing that to yourself.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Renegade said:

You just cannot help yourself tebee. Such is your desire to try and undermine Brexit at every opportunity that you have taken to posting anything that appears to support your stance.

Dr Phillip Lee who's Constituency is Bracknell, bleating about his constituency.

By resigning he is actually shafting his constituency.

He also voted for triggering Article 50

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/article-50-parliament-mps-vote-brexit-theresa-may-eu-negotiations-labour-conservative-how-voted-a7558291.html

Nice to hear you agree with a snake, that has been getting paid under false pretenses.

Clearly you misunderstand the responsibility of an MP. I suggest you read up on it. It would have been clear if you had watched the debates in parliament yesterday. Your comment is disingenuous and disrespectful to our representative democracy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Transam, I hate to break this to you, but Thailand’s immigration laws and policies have absolutely no bearing on those of the UK.

Do endeavour to grasp that reality and you’ll be able avoid making spacious arguments based on your current misunderstanding.

I was trying to clear something up, sorry if that offended you. You just crack on....:stoner: