Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

32 minutes ago, transam said:

Blimey, they could measure all that stuff waaaay back then when l thought they thought the world was flat....5150.gif.58e339b56c8d10938dcb51f1831658f4.gif

Greek astronomers knew the world was round 2,000 years ago, sort of makes the flat earthers seem even dummer

17 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

They did it by comparing the suns position at different latitudes a known distance apart.

Yes I know, even then they knew trigonometry but the megalithic yard (which really seems to have existed) sounds so much better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

And how will measuring the circumference of the earth help with brexit, only thing you have established is that you're going off on a tangent.

The earths circumference was used in defining the metric measures.  The only thing that you have established is that you did not follow the conversation and instead just butted in assuming we were talking about something we were not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

And how will measuring the circumference of the earth help with brexit, only thing you have established is that you're going off on a tangent.

Are tandems coming back into fashion?:smile:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

"average percentage"

Considering this revelation I will end it here, I had no idea what I was up against.

Badly put by me but if you had bothered to read the article you might have understood. Maybe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Had to laugh at the latest govt. 'Spring statement - that boils down to:-

'We're having to improve our forecast for this year, but are sure brexit will result in things going downhill in '21/'22'.....:saai:

It's almost becoming monotonous, isn't it? Coming up to two years now with these nonsense forecasts.

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

It's almost becoming monotonous, isn't it? Coming up to two years now with these nonsense forecasts.

'The Euro will collapse' has been going on for even longer, if you read the Daily Express we are either all going to be annihilated this year,aliens,ww 3 whatever (every week) and/or the Euro has only another year to go, break up of the EU imminent, End of Merkel etc. 

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

'The Euro will collapse' has been going on for even longer, if you read the Daily Express we are either all going to be annihilated this year,aliens,ww 3 whatever (every week) and/or the Euro has only another year to go, break up of the EU imminent, End of Merkel etc. 

I think you stole the first 3 items from Project Fear.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You have one group, British fishermen, you have the percentage of this group who intended to vote Brexit, now try calculating an average of the single percentage you have, it will remain the same by the way, and so again, upon realization of what I am up against, I am out.

47 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Badly put by me but if you had bothered to read the article you might have understood. Maybe.

I understood that that you seemed to think I was trying to argue that most fishermen voted Remain when all I did was provide the counter argument of the fishermen, minority or not, they also have a voice.

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

This was from you:

And I do not know which British fishermen you think you speak anyway, for but I know plenty of British fishermen who voted remain.

So by plenty, that did not clearly infer a minority. Now your meaning is clearer. All should be heard. But the wish of the majority is fair, isn't it? 

Plenty does not imply a percentage but a quantity, of which there are a good number of clued up fishermen in the UK who support both the CFP and the EU, I know there are more who don't I just don't attempt to silence the minority like some feel the need to in order to attempt to give sone weight to their argument.

• Haha 1