Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

16 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Is he corrupt? That is a bold accusation to make about an MP.

The guy who designed the data capture for CA has spilled the beans here.

"The guy who designed the data capture for CA has spilled the beans here."

What a ridiculous article. It's all 2+2=5. And Facebook a "theatre of war"? :cheesy:

3 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

"The guy who designed the data capture for CA has spilled the beans here."

What a ridiculous article. It's all 2+2=5. And Facebook a "theatre of war"? :cheesy:

That you don't understand the power of the data and the algorithms used to analyse it doesn't necessarily render it ridiculous. Why would so many millions be spend on it if it wasn't useful? Why are various governments, especially the Russians, spending millions on teams of bots and trolls if not to influence the soft middle in any debate?

15 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

He was extolling the virtues of working together in strong unions, and saying this is the only way forward. Yet he opposes the existing union of the UK.

You're not from the UK, so I'm not surprised you find this hard to understand.

The big difference in the two is that the various member states of the EU have relatively equal representation and can wield vetoes; within the UK, one of the members has 80%+ control at all times. I am surprised that is hard to understand for so many.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It's about as informative as most threads. The May ready for tough talks was fairly entertaining in the beginning but once the battle lines are drawn then...it's just the normal battle with a couple of pearls here and there. The arguments are almost all economic but the main reasons for the Brexit vote were not and that's the constant that remainers seem to choose to ignore. I can't see that changing, which means that the most relevant topics wll not be debated.

The main reasons for the Brexit vote were because those voters who voted for it were totally ignorant of the economics and many remain so today.

But regardless, if the financials of the country are not the most relevant topic what are? (and whilst you may not think they are the most relevant there will come a time when the coin finally drops and your priorities will change).

Edited by simoh1490
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Is he corrupt? That is a bold accusation to make about an MP.

The guy who designed the data capture for CA has spilled the beans here.

Now that is a real eye (brain) opener! Linking large data sets (Facebook) with pattern recognition (neural networks). I wish I had thought of that! Gaol them immediately ESPECIALLY the guy with the pink hair! An Angostura bitters accident presumably. Let's see what the man in the street concludes ?

Edited by Grouse
  • Confused 1

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/chickens-eggs-footage-noble-foods-big-fresh-walston-poultry-farm-a8262296.html

A free range egg is 3P more than a concentration camp egg (15P v 18P) at the farm gate.

For the aurally challenged that's 20% of bugger all.

I trust the EU more than DEFRA.

If any of you can't afford to go to work on a happy egg, send me a supermarket receipt and I will refund the difference; in eggs.

Edited by Grouse
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

If you live in Thailand and eat eggs, you wouldn't give a flying fart about DEFRA or the EU... :shock1:

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

If you live in Thailand and eat eggs, you wouldn't give a flying fart about DEFRA or the EU... :shock1:

I like to believe that there are civilised countries to which the third world can aspire. I'm a missionary; that's my position

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

And was that thread as informative as this one?  I am always up for some healthy debate (:smile:) but we (and I include me) are just going round and round in circles and bickering here.  We are all speculating based on biased reports and "leaks" and just people's guesses at what will happen when we leave the EU.

What we need is some actual commitments and facts and that still isn't happening.  But even then both the majority of the Brexiteers and remainers/Remoaners will still be batting away for their respective sides.  In fact I suspect even when we have finally left the EU we will still not admit if we were wrong, whatever the result ends up being.  Bloody Brits! What are they like.....:laugh:

Before you enjoy yourself consider, we may end up not leaving the EU. You are right of course, nobody will give way here, it is all speculation and emotions. 

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Except that the attempt to tie the brexit vote in with it has been dismissed (after extensive investigations) by the major social media companies themselves. But that doesn't stop remain-supporting journalists from continuing to flog their discredited theory, or dodgy politicians such as Damian Collins from trying to bully the social media companies into stating the opposite of what they've found to be the facts.

Care to share some links on those claims being dismissed? Any idea why Cambridge Analytica were yesterday blocked from Facebook if their actions were not dubious?

12 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

"Twitter said only 1% of accounts in a massive pro-Brexit bot network were registered in Russia"

Registered... 

It's not difficult to fake one's location in the Internet. Loads of people here in Thailand do it everyday, when they wish to watch TV-shows back home over VPN connection.

I don't know what is the price for buying 100K accounts from Philippines or other countries and turn those with API's to broadcast either Egghead or Boob news. (Referring to the often used twitter avatars of these accounts).

5 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Before the 2014 referendum on Scottish separation,many of the opinion polls were also forecasting a majority in favour. Yet when the result was declared 55% voted to remain in the Union against 45% who wanted separation, and this was before the collapse in the value of oil.

Before the referendum was announced, support for independence was around 28% if I recall correctly. That it increased to 45% by the time of the referendum and has remained relatively unwavering ever since then tells me that there is a lot of low hanging fruit still to be harvested.

21 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well I certainly support both of those regions, separating from the U.K, if they vote  so. However while it is correct to point out that, in these regions a majority voted to remain, I think you would be foolish to automatically assume that they would consider that to be more important than departing the U.K. 

I was assuming that people who now yell in the name of democracy, will do the same when the time comes for Scotland and Northern Ireland. 

Those two countries have been long under the byrocracts of England and it's just natural, they wish to gain their own freedom from Lords and Queen of England.. and keep their relationship with EU countries which offers better union deal than Britain did. Right?