Sorry But Crap Food Again

thaiflyer1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are the odds on crazyjoey being related to BigAl?????

No relation. Just another satisfied customer :o

Great that you are getting all this free publicity.

For the new people that try Big Als (people who know what Mexican food should be) please report back on your honest impressions.

Sounds like you don't trust this guys opinion. Maybe you should come down yourself and give my food a try. For every 1 person who doesn't like my food, there are 10 who do. Also i don't need any free publicity.

Sounds like you don't trust this guys opinion. Maybe you should come down yourself and give my food a try. For every 1 person who doesn't like my food, there are 10 who do. Also i don't need any free publicity.

Don't need any free publicity.

your not telling pork pies are you?

if they spell your name right all publicity is good publicity.

Have a nice day.

So more to the point for me, how much is a Hand shaken Margrita in your place.

I did try it and didn't like it. I may try it again just for the entertainment value.

I did try it and didn't like it. I may try it again just for the entertainment value.

Credit where its due, the chicken is good................guess i/m just not a mexican food fan.

Be back for the chicken though. :o

For the new people that try Big Als (people who know what Mexican food should be) please report back on your honest impressions.

I'm not "new" but i've eaten BigAls food lots of times and i've never had a bad experience, The big C stall always seemed to be the best but the others weren't bad either.

Best burrito's i've had in Pattaya so far. :D

i eat for b120 a day no problem. this is one of the major reasons i love thailand.

How can anyone eat for 120 a day? You must have an extremely basic diet. One decent Thai dish with rice averages at at least 80/90 baht at most decent restaurants.

I also love Thailand for it's good, cheap food, but 120 a day?????????

I discovered MacDonalds when I had to live in North America for 10 long years. Macdonalds IS good, once a week.

I, too, would like to know where I can eat out, 3 square meals a day, for 120 baht.

some people must live very sheltered lives here methinks. why not try getting out of the farang restaurant/ bar scene and try visiting normal thai places.they are everywhere (even in pattaya!)go on live dangerously :o 120 baht is easy to do can be done for less ,how do you think locals with kids go on with a wage of 5 or 6000 a month.

I'm not "new" but i've eaten BigAls food lots of times and i've never had a bad experience, The big C stall always seemed to be the best but the others weren't bad either.

Curious where you had burritos before outside Thailand to consider these good burritos? Taco Bell?

story.taco.ap.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

Curious where you had burritos before outside Thailand to consider these good burritos? Taco Bell?

jingthing............most people who wish to eat a particular type of food are not all like you looking for perfection............... and at the same time almost mocking other people who have tried these foods just because you feel that they know nothing about food.

I go to eat primarily because I am hungry.

The food does not have to be a clone of a dish found in Mexico or anywhere else.

My wife for example who lived in Laguna Beach for many years ate what most would consider to be fine Mexican food on a regular basis.

We have both eaten at Big Al`s food stall opposite the Big C on numerous occasions when we have been hungry and fancied a bite to eat and we have both enjoyed it. It is quick clean and tasty and served by friendly staff at a reasonable price.

We have also eaten at Pattaya`s finest restaurants when we fancied to do this.

You can carry on my friend looking for what you perceive to be perfection in a certain type of food in food outlets.......but I guarantee that if you have that attitude you will be more disappointed than not.

Judging things by high standards in life and expecting other people to be the same leads to many sad moments........I will say no more. :D

Some people care more about how food tastes is all. For many people, eating is about ALOT more than just being hungry. Are we animals? Well, yes, but very sophisticated ones. And cheap street food can taste wonderful. There are many fantastic food experiences to be had in Pattaya. So far, not in the burrito department.

It sounds like you totally agree with me that there is no resemblance between good Mexican food in Laguna Beach and Big Al's, right? Well, I take that back. They both are food and fill your stomach.

I just got hungry, I gotta go now and boil up some gruel.

Edited by Jingthing

Some people care more about how food tastes is all. For many people, eating is about ALOT more than just being hungry. Are we animals? Well, yes, but very sophisticated ones. And cheap street food can taste wonderful. There are many fantastic food experiences to be had in Pattaya. So far, not in the burrito department.

It sounds like you totally agree with me that there is no resemblance between good Mexican food in Laguna Beach and Big Al's, right? Well, I take that back. They both are food and fill your stomach.

I just got hungry, I gotta go now and boil up some gruel.

Are so you`ll settle for gruel eh?.........Would that be spicey gruel? and which country would you base your cooking on?..........you could start a whole new thread telling everyone that your gruel is the only gruel to be had.

Credit where its due, the chicken is good................guess i/m just not a mexican food fan.

Be back for the chicken though. :o

Chicken and chips. Sounds not Mexican. How is the chicken done, with bone, fried? Fried chicken can be good and I would think many Thai cooks do know how to fry em up.

Please do not judge whether you are a Mexican food fan or not from Big Al's burritos.

I don't think it is as bad as it sounds from many posts in here.

I've only tried it at the one opposite Big C (next to the Atlantic Bar). I would not call it "Mexican food", but taste is ok and price is very reasonable.

Being in that area, I personally prefer the shwarma place at the other end, corner of Soi 3, for a late night refill. Trying it at least once can't do you much harm and then you can judge for yourself. If that other new branch serves different/worse food, that's a different story.

Well, burritos are kinda Mexican. They're certainly not Polish.

But they also have burgers, chicken, fries, and sh*t so maybe Mexican food isn't the strong point of the Big Al's Mexican restaurant.

I'll give it another try sometime, maybe the chicken, maybe another kind of Polish burrito, who knows?

Edited by Jingthing

Chicken and chips. Sounds not Mexican. How is the chicken done, with bone, fried? Fried chicken can be good and I would think many Thai cooks do know how to fry em up.

The chicken is on the bone...........leg and thigh.

The chicken is moist and the coating crisp, damm sight better than KFC anyway..........one thing i did notice that is the chips (French Fries) could do with a few more been added even if the price went from 85bt to 95bt (for chicken and chips that is )............sort of stuck in the middle at the moment, too few too fill but too many to warrant buying another seperate portion of them.

Decisions, decisions eh! :o

Well guess I'll pass on Big Al's, doesnt seem to appealing after the reviews thus far.

You should come try the food yourself. I'll buy you dinner.

Also Jingthing that invitaion goes to you. Maybe you can show me how to make my food better. I'm open to suggestions. I would also like to remind you that this is Thailand. I have to do the best I can with what I've got to work with. Is my food AUTHENTIC Mexican? No, It's authentically Big AL's. Did you know everywhere you go in Mexico the food tase different? Probably not. But My offer still stands for the dinner as long as it's not past 10pm. I need my beauty sleep.

Edited by BigAL

After the leaving the Drunken Duck last night i went round to BigAl's introduced myself to him and had a burrito and in all honesty it was bloody lovely, admittadly i was pissed but i will definately return sober just to double check. BigAl what time do you actualy open????????????

BB

After the leaving the Drunken Duck last night i went round to BigAl's introduced myself to him and had a burrito and in all honesty it was bloody lovely, admittadly i was pissed but i will definately return sober just to double check. BigAl what time do you actualy open????????????

BB

Big Al sounds like a genuinely nice guy. And big.

A bloody lovely burrito? That's funny!

I just had a muy sabroso bangers and mash!

Well guess I'll pass on Big Al's, doesnt seem to appealing after the reviews thus far.

You should come try the food yourself. I'll buy you dinner.

Also Jingthing that invitaion goes to you. Maybe you can show me how to make my food better. I'm open to suggestions. I would also like to remind you that this is Thailand. I have to do the best I can with what I've got to work with. Is my food AUTHENTIC Mexican? No, It's authentically Big AL's. Did you know everywhere you go in Mexico the food tase different? Probably not. But My offer still stands for the dinner as long as it's not past 10pm. I need my beauty sleep.

wheres, My and missis cubes free be. :o

story.taco.ap.jpg

I said they were the best I'd had in Pattaya (Thailand if you like) as I'm not familiar really with that food as in the UK its not massively popular.

I liked em and that's good enough for me. :D

Dave its just not the same as

An Extra large Dona Kebab with loads of Chill sauce, after the boozer/14 pints of lager.

in the uk.

plus the added local intertainment at pub kick out time. i do miss that some times

:o

Especially when the grease pours down your fingers and goes all mushy whilst eating one. :D

Yes i miss doner kebabs. :D