Sorry But Crap Food Again

thaiflyer1

i have always wanted to give big al's outlet on the end of soi chaiyapoon a try ( and it's still there) but

now there seem to be a rank of 10 motorbike taxi drivers camping out directly in front of the stall and

it's kind of a turn-off because unfortunately they're usually obnoxious. maybe big al can come clean-up. :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I'd seen this thread sooner. I love Mexican food and will give Big Al's a shot if I'm in the neighborhood. Unlike some of the posters so far, I really enjoy the food at Mike's Mexican. I think the food at Tequila Reef is unequivocally atrocious and will not ever eat there again. Looking forward to trying Big Al's.

I can sympathize if there's trouble finding ingredients to cook with - I looked everywhere I could think of for fresh cilantro, and couldn't find it. The ground beef on offer here is typically quite watery when cooked and doesn't taste right. I'm sure the list goes on, especially when trying to stock up a restaurant.

One odd thing, though - no guacamole? This could be a problem, Al.....

We should all support a fellow TV member and at least give him the benefit of the doubt. How about the next TV piss-up makes a taco stop here? Then we'll have a ton of new opinions.

Wish I'd seen this thread sooner. I love Mexican food and will give Big Al's a shot if I'm in the neighborhood. Unlike some of the posters so far, I really enjoy the food at Mike's Mexican. I think the food at Tequila Reef is unequivocally atrocious and will not ever eat there again. Looking forward to trying Big Al's.

I can sympathize if there's trouble finding ingredients to cook with - I looked everywhere I could think of for fresh cilantro, and couldn't find it. The ground beef on offer here is typically quite watery when cooked and doesn't taste right. I'm sure the list goes on, especially when trying to stock up a restaurant.

We should all support a fellow TV member and at least give him the benefit of the doubt. How about the next TV piss-up makes a taco stop here? Then we'll have a ton of new opinions.

Cochran,

Enjoy your posts. Although we rarely eat at the higher-end places, your information is often interesting. Living in Jomtien, we'll try Al's food next time we venture over to that part of town.

Am I wrong, or isn't fresh cilantro available at any local market, supermarket, or just about everywhere? Phut Thai: "patchee..."

-Michael

:)

Cilantro is widely available--Foodland, Lotus, Big C, Carrefour, Friendship, Best, local markets, the list is endless.

I've had Mike's food a few times--I live walking distance from the stall. I have no problems about the motorcycle taxi guys, the problem is with the food. The burritos are just flat out boring. I wish it weren't true, but it is.

jimmyd - Couldn't disagree with you more re: Mike's food. Really enjoy the guacamole and don't find the food boring at all. Quite the opposite in fact. Of course, we all have our opinions and preferences - that's what keeps so many varied places in business, right?

On the cilantro, I couldn't find any at Friendship, Foodland, or at Central. Maybe just looking in the wrong place, but no luck at the time. Made do without, so no major heartburn.

jimmyd - Couldn't disagree with you more re: Mike's food. Really enjoy the guacamole and don't find the food boring at all. Quite the opposite in fact. Of course, we all have our opinions and preferences - that's what keeps so many varied places in business, right?

On the cilantro, I couldn't find any at Friendship, Foodland, or at Central. Maybe just looking in the wrong place, but no luck at the time. Made do without, so no major heartburn.

Sorry cochran - but you couldn't find breadcrumbs either!!! (hehehehe)

Oops, major brain problem, I meant Big Al's stall.

Cilantro is next to green onions above tomatoes in Foodland.

aussiechick, you do have a point (rueful grin on my face).

Thanks for the pointer, jimmyd. Next time I make a batch of chili I'll need some of that. Okay, I'm off this topic - making me too hungry, and its not lunch time yet!!