Isuzu sat nav update

Chongalulu

I have a 3 year old Isuzu pickup with inbuilt sat nav. I did ask the dealer a while ago if they could update it to take into account new roads /software updates etc. From what I recall the charge would be about 1000 baht but the main drawback as far as I was concerned was that all my stored locations (favourites) would be lost. Given that often incorrect information can be given out by dealers whether anyone has had this done ,whether it helped in terms of better performance and more specifically if locations could be saved. I am in Korat,Nakhon Ratchasima. 

Unhelpful suggestions would be advising me to switch to phone based internet sat nav. I do not always have WiFi on board and have found the inbuilt system particularly convenient and functional by comparison. Thanks.

I have  the Speed Navi model in my 3 year old Triton. Last time I had it serviced I asked Mitsu about the update and they said they would have to remove the SD card inside so I could update through my computer. So they removed the card, but when I got home I found that wasn't necessary, you can download the updates onto a flash drive and install through the Speed Navi's USB port. So much for Mitsu knowing anything about it. However, I decided I wasn't going to pay over 1000 baht for an update as I couldn't see if that was a one off payment or I'd have to pay that every time I wanted to update. As I've used the satnav rarely I figured it wasn't worth the hassle and I'd rather put the 1000 baht towards a hand held Garmin satnav.

10 hours ago, nchuckle said:

I do not always have WiFi on board

No need for WiFi. There are several apps which work perfectly without connection to the net. I prefer HERE Maps, the follow-up to Nokia Maps. It needs an internet connection only if you want to get life traffic updates and autorouting around traffic jams.

1 hour ago, cooked said:

You will loose the lot if it is a complete re-install ...there apparantly is no way to download and save ...

Tri-Petch did ours when it died!!

1000thb was the price four years ago ...if I remember correctly the guy only comes one day a week and you need to book

6 hours ago, JAS21 said:

You will loose the lot if it is a complete re-install ...there apparantly is no way to download and save ...

Tri-Petch did ours when it died!!

1000thb was the price four years ago ...if I remember correctly the guy only comes one day a week and you need to book

Hi there/.

Is the Isuzu GPS map stored on a inserted micro SD card? (which you can remove)?

If so like (Speed Navi maps)  you can insert your card into your computer and see all the files (map) and find the section (folder) stored routes, places stored?

If so copy your gps map on your computer - before update (Isuzu shop)

after put back in your computer and copy paste the routes, places stored   before only in your new map!

I have done this many times with Speed Navi maps updates! and still keep all my previous routes data, places from before! not easy to find in card but can be done?

if any help?

Cheers

I have an Isuzu with the Kenwood-Garmin. Great system, ann when I had it updated it kept my favorites, but I think they updated the OS as well, but it started working real slow.

I would nor recommend updating.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, Martinpeter said:

Hi there/.

If so like (Speed Navi maps)  you can insert your card into your computer and see all the files (map) and find the section (folder) stored routes, places stored?

I have done this many times with Speed Navi maps updates! and still keep all my previous routes data, places from before! not easy to find in card but can be done?

Is your Speed Navi in a Triton? If so, do you ever use the USB to play music?

Hi giddyup/.

No my SpeedNavi gps was supplied and fitted by Zulux - replacement built in dash dvd/gps for a Toyota vois (few years back). Yes my system then worked fine with a USB attached!

I still miss my SpeedNavi system - now have changed car and they don't make to fit my Current Ford Model. But since i now use Sygic on my phone (equally as good) and a lot cheaper to buy!

Many Zulux dealers around sell SpeedNavi they can assist help you! they where always useful in the past! 

cheers 

2 hours ago, Martinpeter said:

Hi giddyup/.

No my SpeedNavi gps was supplied and fitted by Zulux - replacement built in dash dvd/gps for a Toyota vois (few years back). Yes my system then worked fine with a USB attached!

I still miss my SpeedNavi system - now have changed car and they don't make to fit my Current Ford Model. But since i now use Sygic on my phone (equally as good) and a lot cheaper to buy!

Many Zulux dealers around sell SpeedNavi they can assist help you! they where always useful in the past! 

cheers 

The reason I asked is that when I want to play music through the USB I have to select that function on Speed Navi, but when I turn off the engine I have to select it again when I start the car again, it won't play automatically, which is bit of a hassle. It's easier to play MP3's on a 4.7 GB DVD on the car stereo which start exactly where they left off every time.

Archived