Prefab , Knock Down Or Precast House

saintphil

Hi all . I have been trying to find out about Prefab , Precast concrete or as the thais refer to them Knockdown houses( or are they known by another name) . There are companies in Bangkok that make them i have seen youtube videos of there factorys. but i cant find any information about suppliers even after contacting them. I have seen a few posts over the years on here , but the links that were put at the time dont work now.  I am not looking for a wooden house as im in one already, has any one any experience of building one or have any information where else i could look . Many thanks

This has been brought up several times here at TV and so far no one has found a company that does this, probably because pre built has no cost savings here in Thailand,  where labor and concrete are so cheap

The closet you will find are companies that refurbish shipping containers to be modular but once again when you start trying to "outfit" steel you are limited on what you can do 

The OP can check the exhibitor list of the 2017 and 2018 Architect Expo held in Bangkok in early May. Every year I see modular house booths and precast tilt up vendors. The new building solutions companies put a gallant effort to crack the Thailand home building market. Everything is available in Thailand for a price. The OP can see photos on the web site of the Architect Expo of some of the prefab houses available in Thailand.   http://www.architectexpo.com/2018/exhibitor-list/    see many photos  http://www.architectexpo.com/2018/photo-gallery/  of 2017 show exhibitors. 

10 minutes ago, kamalabob2 said:

The OP can check the exhibitor list of the 2017 and 2018 Architect Expo held in Bangkok in early May. Every year I see modular house booths and precast tilt up vendors. The new building solutions companies put a gallant effort to crack the Thailand home building market. Everything is available in Thailand for a price. The OP can see photos on the web site of the Architect Expo of some of the prefab houses available in Thailand.   http://www.architectexpo.com/2018/exhibitor-list/    see many photos  http://www.architectexpo.com/2018/photo-gallery/  of 2017 show exhibitors. 

Thank you  for that information Kamalabob, it was just the sort of thing im looking for ,will make a date in my diary to go . Thanks

8 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

This has been brought up several times here at TV and so far no one has found a company that does this, probably because pre built has no cost savings here in Thailand,  where labor and concrete are so cheap

The closet you will find are companies that refurbish shipping containers to be modular but once again when you start trying to "outfit" steel you are limited on what you can do 

Thanks Langsuan Man for the reply , After pulling my hairout  for a few days , i could have agreeded with you . But i eventually found a company that makes exactly what i was looking for in Nakhon Ratchasima . Unfortunately they are not cheap  95 sq.m  Prefab house , 1.680.000 baht  60.000 baht  transportation , and 150.000 baht for the foundation, but apart from furniture it is ready to go, they do many different styles as well. But you are right it will probably be better to just build one now i have found out the cost. The company for anyone interested is PREFAB HOUSE 95

Edited by saintphil

A company that might not be at the Architect Expo is Container Kings. They do the actual work in several locations. I have seen photos and spoken to an expat currently doing five containers in Surin Province. I have also seen photos of the actual single container home fabricated in Buriram Province and then trucked to another province. Like any home in Thailand, best you jump in your car and go see it in person before you buy a home.     http://www.containerkingsthailand.com/container-styles/home-units/    This company also does modest tool sheds. 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2018 at 2:07 PM, saintphil said:

Also known as Modular house I believe 

There was someone who lives near Hua Hin who had his house factory built then assembled on site. The full story is on another website that is dedicated to the building of cool thai houses. It took about 4 months due to some lack of staff problems, it should have been 90 days.

I think that the Thaivisa rules prevent me from posting a link.

890 000bht for 72m2

Edited by sometimewoodworker

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2018 at 9:08 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

There was someone who lives near Hua Hin who had his house factory built then assembled on site. The full story is on another website that is dedicated to the building of cool thai houses. It took about 4 months due to some lack of staff problems, it should have been 90 days.

I think that the Thaivisa rules prevent me from posting a link.

890 000bht for 72m2

Thanks for the reply . i found someone on this site that posted a link to a company in Hua Hin but the link didnt work 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, saintphil said:

Thanks for the reply . i found someone on this site that posted a link to a company in Hua Hin but the link didnt work 

This companies show  house is  on the Phetkasem road close to sam roi yot  but Im not sure they are still in business, I believe the guy  was Turkish. I drove past the other day and the show house is still there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There certainly is a company that does these.

Our neighbours had one done (trying to figure out how to upload pics here ?) they look pretty good as far as I see.

Here are some phone numbers for them.

084-7678123

092-5806767

088-2737438

Your welcome ?

1528277530638-173983811.jpg

15282777278041057687080.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Did you follow up on any of this? I am now interested in having a modular/pre-fab/knock down small house erected in Prachaup Khiri Khan district.

Google gave me several companies who do this kind of thing.

Some names are Dreammer, knockdownhome.com, Thailand knockdown home, modular-thailand.com, Diamond Knockdown home.  Most will deliver to the site and erect. If you are in a remote or distant place there may be a surcharge.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...