Pattaya to be developed as "Tourism for All" city

webfact

Wasnt it just last year, Pattaya was to become the sports capital of the world?  Every year a new theme. then forgotten. Build a freeway next to the beach, then on the commercial side of the road, force people to walk in the traffic!

• Like 1

You just got to see all the Disabled Thai persons going to the Training School in Soi Yumai to see that this is purely another load of tosh.

Visually impaired and wheel chair users alike mingling with the motorbikes and cars in the Soi for the right of use of the Soi ( Not even walkways )

• Like 1

Should probably tackle your Thai males on motorbikes problem first.  I find it incredibly dangerous to be a pedestrian in Pattaya.  Constantly having to be aware of everything.  Including when I'm on the sidewalks. 

If this sort of driving behavior continues, it will never be safe for "tourists" in Pattaya.  Forget the snatch thieves, ladyboy thieves, and drunken assaults.  

Thai males on motorbikes is the most dangerous aspect of Pattaya.

• Like 1

living in a dream world.the drivers in thailand are a disgrace,its no place for oaps or disabled people.& the lack of pavements are shocking.&all the lazy gits who just park in the middle of the road so they havent got to walk to the bar.

On 02/03/2018 at 6:37 AM, PatOngo said:

Great development, no reason why corrupt police, ladyboys, criminals and tourist families can't co exist in the Family Resort. The recent murder of a foreign tourist by another foreign tourist and the beating of a visiting soldier by a local watch seller and friends will attract "All" in droves......Get Real! 

It's far safer than most cities in Europe, the UK and USA.  A few attention grabbing headlines and credulous readers with an axe to grind are not the reality of Pattaya. 

The sea front is fine for wheel chairs and buggies - problem is though you'll probably die crossing the road to get to it.
And even it would be impossible for them 2 get 2 walking St on there own or turn left at walking St. The whole of pattaya is full of obstructions it's disgusting.How the hell could some one in a wheel chair get down pattaya Tai to get 2 tukcom. Those stalls should be closed down if you ask me there no room on the pavement. A few weeks ago one of the stall holders decided to have a small fire in the road next to the pavement and next to a seller selling fish and he was burning plastic shoes. Unfortunately Thai people are totally ingorent on anything like this and this country will never be safe. I fill sorry for any person in a wheel chair I have a bad enough time and I can walk.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

after I made that post I went for my morning run,and I realized (as you have quoted),thais respect nothing,closing the road or making a special lane or any improvement will only make room for more lawlessness ,somtum and greasy fried chicken vendors....I fear we are doomed in pattaya..have good one my brother
Should probably tackle your Thai males on motorbikes problem first.  I find it incredibly dangerous to be a pedestrian in Pattaya.  Constantly having to be aware of everything.  Including when I'm on the sidewalks. 
If this sort of driving behavior continues, it will never be safe for "tourists" in Pattaya.  Forget the snatch thieves, ladyboy thieves, and drunken assaults.  
Thai males on motorbikes is the most dangerous aspect of Pattaya.
I agree but it's not just the males. Also I saw a lady tourist nearly get hit by a moterbike the other day on beach road the driver a police man.

47 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I agree but it's not just the males. Also I saw a lady tourist nearly get hit by a moterbike the other day on beach road the driver a police man.

i have learned the hard way..17 stiches and a 1000 bt fine as aparantley'' I should have been watching'' for the scooter on the sidewalk ..I now try and keep my big western mouth shut..(most of the time)..we have double paned windows in our bedroom ,I bought an amzing white noise sleep sound machine( if any one is looking the best is called ''lectrofan''  bose sound with no a non loop sound track''amazing sound quality,available on ebay and amazon.we drive an old jeep a'' warrior'' on these insane roads.and an old scooter..but at the end of the day its never enough....i used to spend my time screaming at these idiots with the insanely loud scooters and buses,until I realized ''they thrive on the attention and the carrot for them is to see a foreigner upset''...its all about zzzzzzzzen brother...''aray goh die''....

Edited by mok199
speliing

When they can't even manage to get cars to stop for the pedestrian crossing lights ( when they actually work ) how on earth do they think they can make Pattaya safe for the disabled?

I think city hall must have an office in which they think up silly headlines to put in the media to keep people's minds off the real problems that they won't fix.

18 hours ago, The manic said:

It's far safer than most cities in Europe, the UK and USA.  A few attention grabbing headlines and credulous readers with an axe to grind are not the reality of Pattaya. 

Hmmmmm. I lived in London and the bad areas were pretty obvious to avoid. Problem in Pattaya is that the bad guys are everywhere. I once saw a farang being assaulted right outside Kiss restaurant. He was able to escape into the restaurant, but had to stay there a while till the scum thugs went away.