yet another wife at it

romeijoe

Hi all 

well it seems to be the never ending story we have all heard of.

friend of mine  , and yes its my friend not me .This bloke has been married to thai lady for twenty yrs and living in auss together  last week he finds out she is having an  bit of a thing with some guy , well thats a bit of a shock  for sure  but the thing is this sneaky lady has allowed him to go through the motions of buying a condo in Bangkok in order to retire in (just this month ) then taken off . you would think her thoughts are to secure this condo for herself would you not?

his worry is that she will now try to take this condo for herself . This condo is in both names  and his is seeking help with info as to how or if he can stop this woman from securing the condo for herself .

does he fly to Bangkok and get one of those ever famous lawyer types to put  some sort of hold on this condo , probably getting ripped off along the way , does he have any options that some one could suggest?

is there a way of stooping this lady from just taking walking in and taking the condo , as thais seem to have a way of achieving that sort of thing .

The poor bloke has worked hard for this as a brick layer all his life been a good husband and done all he can to provide  and now  on the very month he was supposed to fly to bangkok to begin a life of leisure he gets a kick in the face . go figure ?

In which sector is the condo located, the Thai 51% or the farang 49% because that might make a difference to ownership. Worst case is in a divorce the condo would probably be regarded as a marital asset and divided 50/50.

• Like 2

This is as tricky situation for the guy, because neither can sell the condo without the signature

of the other, one will have to buy the other out, no other ways to solve this, so your friend

will do well to stay on the sunny side of this woman and to try to convince her to sell out....

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

This is as tricky situation for the guy, because neither can sell the condo without the signature

of the other, one will have to buy the other out, no other ways to solve this

This is Thailand where a Thai persons rights far outweigh those of foreigners....signatures on "legal" documents be obtained quite easily whether genuine or otherwise unfortunately......and the court system to right wrongs is both expensive and long winded.....:sorry:

• Like 2

oh yer i fully understand that my friend is pritty much stuffed all round here, was just hoping that someone might come up with a smart idea as to how to get around all this.

i have been in thailand long enough to know you dont win against a thai if you are a farang, far as staying on the good side of a thai lady that is deep into her plan of ripping you off goes ,you are dreaming are my thoughts  but , you never know someone may have a good idea?

its just a sad thing when you see a decent man go through such a thing as being deceived and ripped off. thanks all for the help

• Like 1

if he is the owner(half) then he has every right to move into the condo as his name is listed as the co owner. She cannot stop him from being there, even more so if he can show that he is the one that has paid fully for it. Tell him to move in, change locks if necessary, she cant stop him as he is entitled to live in it same as her. If she is already in there he can either get spare keys to it from management or again have the locks removed and changed so he has access. Once he is in there he will be in a much better position

Edited by seajae

Just now, cornishcarlos said:

He should let her go and move in with her new guy... Stay in Oz and live in blissful peace :)

yes i agree, and thats what he will do , in the meantime try and save some of your assets  yes

Just now, romeijoe said:

yes i agree, and thats what he will do , in the meantime try and save some of your assets  yes

Exactly... Pack her off with a condo to retire in, or tell her she'll get nothing due to her infidelity. I'm sure the courts in Oz will much much less bias than those in Thailand.. 

I have built a house (in gf,s name obviously) and I own a car and motorbike (my name) here and at this moment in time my GF and I are in a very happy relationship which hopefully is long lasting,however......I will never spend one baht more than I cannot afford to walk away from if necessary :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

of the other, one will have to buy the other out, no other ways to solve this, so your friend

will do well to stay on the sunny side of this woman and to try to convince her to sell out....

She can just move in and wait him out. 

Perhaps negative, but I think going the legal route will just be throwing good money after bad.

IMO, only thing he can do is try and get here before her and change the locks.

Otherwise he can just join the large club of us guys that got done in the long con, and regret that he didn't do all the things he will think of now that he has all his life to think about it.

#1 on the list will be why he put her name on the documentation, when she probably contributed sod all to it.

Given that he bought it after they got married, even the Thai court will award them each 50 % of any proceeds of sale, unless they come to an arrangement.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Exactly... Pack her off with a condo to retire in, or tell her she'll get nothing due to her infidelity. I'm sure the courts in Oz will much much less bias than those in Thailand.. 

?????

If the condo is in LOS why would the Oz court have any say in its disposition?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, romeijoe said:

oh yer i fully understand that my friend is pritty much stuffed all round here, was just hoping that someone might come up with a smart idea as to how to get around all this.

i have been in thailand long enough to know you dont win against a thai if you are a farang, far as staying on the good side of a thai lady that is deep into her plan of ripping you off goes ,you are dreaming are my thoughts  but , you never know someone may have a good idea?

its just a sad thing when you see a decent man go through such a thing as being deceived and ripped off. thanks all for the help

Lots of details missing from the story, and there ARE 3 sides to every story.  His side, her side, and the truth.  Maybe if what you say is true his version), he could file a fraud or deception charge in Oz and stop her from leaving the country till it is settled.  Get out the Magnum PI Hawaiian shirts and try to snap some photos of the philandering feline with her new squeeze as evidence.  Will send you my bill at the end of the month!

• Haha 2

What a joke!! So you think that she had a sinister plan to snatch his condo and played the game for 20 long years? 

This might just be the icing on the cake for her maybe she will get more than 50% of all goods in ausy too

• Like 2

Just to Balance out the Thai bashing, I am in the UK helping a Thai girl used and dumped by her  So called Husband, She has been with him for the last 6/7 years he has beaten her, once breaking her arm, He is just a control freak, Has lied to her consistently, Not completed her IDL visa, He has been to Thailand 6/7 times while she has not seen her Daughter for the last 6/7 years because he would sooner go to Thailand alone, The idiot has been seen on You tube with another Thai girl. Now  after her having a  baby to him , he has thrown her out, He thinks £20 a week is OK for them both, any way we plan to take him to the cleaners, The Boarder agency are interested because He signed that he would take care of her, which he has not, nor reported to them that the relationship has broken down , Lots more  but dont want to bore people , yes there are Good and bad Every where not just in Thailand, bring it on waiting for the delude comments.

• Like 2

Just to Balance out the Thai bashing, I am in the UK helping a Thai girl used and dumped by her  So called Husband, She has been with him for the last 6/7 years he has beaten her, once breaking her arm, He is just a control freak, Has lied to her consistently, Not completed her IDL visa, He has been to Thailand 6/7 times while she has not seen her Daughter for the last 6/7 years because he would sooner go to Thailand alone, The idiot has been seen on You tube with another Thai girl. Now  after her having a  baby to him , he has thrown her out, He thinks £20 a week is OK for them both, any way we plan to take him to the cleaners, The Boarder agency are interested because He signed that he would take care of her, which he has not, nor reported to them that the relationship has broken down , Lots more  but dont want to bore people , yes there are Good and bad Every where not just in Thailand, bring it on waiting for the delude comments.

"We plan to take him to the cleaners"........mmmm

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2018 at 8:38 AM, romeijoe said:

is there a way of stooping this lady from just taking walking in and taking the condo , as thais seem to have a way of achieving that sort of thing .

The poor bloke has worked hard for this as a brick layer all his life been a good husband and done all he can to provide  and now  on the very month he was supposed to fly to bangkok to begin a life of leisure he gets a kick in the face . go figure ?

This isn't a Thai problem, this is a married in a western country problem.

She is entitled to 50+% of everything he has (after 20 years of marriage), including his pension.

My English wife did it to me the week I retired.

When women see the money train stopping, they often get off.

You gotta love 'no fault' divorce.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

13 hours ago, norrska said:

Lots of details missing from the story, and there ARE 3 sides to every story.  His side, her side, and the truth.  

Details are not important, 20 years in OZ entitles her to 50+% of everything in a 'no fault' divorce.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

If the relationship is over, she should return to Thailand. Her reason to stay in the UK is no longer valid.

Just now, MaeJoMTB said:

Details are not important, 20 years in OZ entitles her to 50+% of everything in a 'no fault' divorce.

Wrong.  Details are the ONLY things that are important.  The devil is in the details.  She may well get 50% through a divorce, but she could also be sued for a substantial sum for fraud and deception, thereby mitigating the losses.  Substantial proof would be needed.

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Of course the details are important. You cant live with a woman for 20 years and throw her out one fine day for 'no fault' of hers!! 

4 minutes ago, norrska said:

Wrong.  Details are the ONLY things that are important.  The devil is in the details.  She may well get 50% through a divorce, but she could also be sued for a substantial sum for fraud and deception, thereby mitigating the losses.  Substantial proof would be needed.

Western divorce courts don't care what the man says.

It won't stop her getting 50+% of everything he worked for.

I'm thinking some of you don't understand what 'no fault' means .............

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

If the relationship is over, she should return to Thailand. Her reason to stay in the UK is no longer valid.

Nonsense. So you take a girl to UK promising her a good married life. Then abuse & dump her and expect her to just accept it and go back? There are bad men too.

1 hour ago, norrska said:

On what basis?

• Like 1