Legitimate Gem Dealers--where?

ssparks111

I am wanting to find someone that has a fairly decent reputation for dealing with gemstones. My friend back in the states has a fairly popular jewelry store, where they design most of their own stuff. They are always interested in getting stones, either rough or cut. And they are interested in getting more involved in jade, too. So, does anyone know any individual(s) in Bangkok that you have personally dealt with and can be trusted? Mind you, I am very knowledgeable about gemstones, so I can figure out quality and value. I just am needing to find a few people that are reputable, that's all. I know they are few and far between, but there must be one or two people out there!?!?!

I am wanting to find someone that has a fairly decent reputation for dealing with gemstones. My friend back in the states has a fairly popular jewelry store, where they design most of their own stuff. They are always interested in getting stones, either rough or cut. And they are interested in getting more involved in jade, too. So, does anyone know any individual(s) in Bangkok that you have personally dealt with and can be trusted? Mind you, I am very knowledgeable about gemstones, so I can figure out quality and value. I just am needing to find a few people that are reputable, that's all. I know they are few and far between, but there must be one or two people out there!?!?!

Chantaburi (about 6 hours drive to the east) is the place...

There's a big jewelery and gemstone centre on Silom Road next to the Holiday Inn. There are quite a few shops there and if you're experienced you should be able to pick the good from the bad. Also there is a gem and jewelry manufacturers expo on every year in Bangkok where a number of legitimate dealers show their wares.

Jun 14-18 : BKK: Bangkok Gems & Jewelry Manufacturers' Fair: Bangkok /THAILAND BKK: Queen Sirikit National Convention Center, THAILAND, Bangkok (60 New Rachadapisek Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110)

I've bought and resold stuff from both places and also from the Morning market in Vientiane. Bargaining is essential until you get to know the sellers.