Prawit orders agencies to cooperate to reduce Songkran death toll

webfact

I think The Toad has latched onto something here.

Perhaps he is going to claim some sort of victory over the doubters when the death count stops at 389 (from 390). Let's give watchman a break and watch him get back into favour with TVForum members.

Can't wait!!

• Like 2

A campaign to reduce the road-death toll during the Songkran holidays will be rolled out as relevant government agencies join forces under the instructions of Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan

Instructions of an accident watching watch lover? I'll watch out and watch what happens with the watches. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Perhaps he is going to claim some sort of victory over the doubters when the death count stops at 389 (from 390). Let's give watchman a break and watch him get back into favour with TVForum members.

Can't wait!!

Someone is watching your watch here.

30 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Can't wait!!

I have a feeling they can crack 400+ this year, I certainly haven't detected any improvement in driving mentality over the past 12 months.

• Haha 1

They absolute love all this 'agency cooperation' nonsense. 

I can't wait for the usual press releases such as - Please refrain from drinking alcohol before driving, Extra police will be on the roads, No passengers in the back of pick up trucks etc etc etc :saai:

I am expecting record breaking deaths, sadly. 

Uuuuuuuh...now look at that!

The BS- Songkhran- Parade starts early this year!

1,5 months to go and already the government is ordering agencies to cooperate!

...in the end, there will be no beer sold at Silom and young ladies will be told to dress and behave appropriately (or else!), but apart from that, police will NOT do their job, people will drive plastered and without helmets and so on and so forth....

Same old, same old!

Edited by DM07
  • Like 2

why does Songkran have to be 4 days of drunken stupidity and then a long weekend? Why can't it be one day like ever other new year's celebratory day off? Nothing will change this year. Maybe more will die than last year, seems to be the going trend. 

stupid is as stupid does and stupid happens when stupid doesn't do anything to prevent stupid from happening. 

• Like 2