Black Panther Case: Premchai Just Turned Himself In

webfact

1 hour ago, YouYouYou said:

Umm, Monday 5th march so hes early ...Thong pha phum a bit far from BKK. Busy? Probably running a large company, probably busier than  you eh given your post count. Waiing ...well explained but doesnt fit with bash the Thai so ignore  that eh. Next yawn please.

"Premchai and three others were hit with nine charges, including hunting in a wildlife sanctuary, but were freed on bail and ordered to meet court officials on March 24. They failed to answer police summons on February 15 and 22. 

Premchai’s lawyer claimed he was busy and a new date was set for March 5, along with a warning from the police that failure to appear would lead to arrest warrants."

Try and keep up

• Thanks 1

How about cutting off his balls! 

Who's the real animal in this story?

No doubt the usual charm and grovelling, to the authorities, with pointing of fingers and  'look at me, I drive a Merc / BMW, I am high-so, I control all forms of life', accompaanied with the customary BS, 'I lost my mind, I did not know what I was doing at the time', offered up with the 'get out of jail free card' of passing around currency to open corrupt hands, or the purchases of rings and watches, with smiles and laughter all round, and then he gets to walk free. Usual justice served...

As with human rights, animal rights are also frowned upon in the land of paras_t_s!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smutcakes said:

The photo makes the wai much worse than it was. The video puts it into slightly better context. 

But no Thai male ever waied so deep to me...only young boys do that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rkidlad said:

They probably all stood up and wyed him as he entered the station. I can imagine them sitting around now eating food that he had sent in for the officers. 

Absolute joke. 

....and the napkins were 1000 Baht notes

• Haha 2

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, sup3r1or said:

We sure know how it will end. There was a photo today of officer giving a nice WAi to him

FB_IMG_1519974052822.jpg

Yeah, saw this on the tv last night. Pretty damning of the RTP and Thai society.

Goddam sad state of affairs for the 21st century and Thailand.

Of course, people in the picture see nothing wrong with this, nor Mr P and his cronies.

Thailand 4.0, my arse!!!

• Like 1

On 02/03/2018 at 2:15 PM, BobbyL said:

What a truly incredible photo. That image pretty much sums up the judicial process here. 

Truly despicable, in most other countries he would be suspended. Here its a brown envelope.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, sup3r1or said:

We sure know how it will end. There was a photo today of officer giving a nice WAi to him

FB_IMG_1519974052822.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:40 PM, webfact said:

Police question Premchai, story matches 70-80% of evidence, says senior officer

By Suriya Patathayo 
The Nation

7864261112f912400dfe81f40f27286a-sld.jpe

Photo from: Thai PBS

Construction tycoon Premchai Karnasuta and his three companions, who have been charged will illegally hunting in Kanchanaburi’s Thung Yai Naresuan Sanctuary, met with police investigators at the Thong Pha Phum Police Station at noon on Friday noon, ahead of the March 5 date in their third summons.

Royal Thai Police deputy commissioner Pol General Srivara Rangsibrahmanakul, who was there to follow progress investigating the case, joined officers in questioning the four suspects.

c472aa972fe489af9637b9b2a3c30604.jpeg

Srivara said about 70-80 per cent of the suspects’ testimony matched evidence collected in the case and the testimony of arresting officials. He said investigators would probe the contradictory parts and continue collecting evidence.

Srivara said that the police did not delay their investigation of Premchai and the other suspects as some have commented. The case investigation has progressed by 90 per cent and should be concluded by the time the suspects’ fourth-session bail expires on March 26 and they meet with court officials, he said.

See VDO clip: 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30340017

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-02

Do the bribes get paid before or after the "investigation" ? 

On ‎3‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, dinsdale said:

Thais have gone absolutely apeshit over this. The BIB doing the wai is a very high ranking officer. Hunting in a National Park is a very big no-no and here we have a top cop waiing a criminal. A very, very rich criminal.

My Thai Gf in Bangkok tells me that there's a major internet crusade going on to boycott Premchais businesses;  and any businesses that continue to deal with him.  It remains to be seen how much effect it has.