Irish PM says remains concerned about UK Brexit position

rooster59

46 minutes ago, Air Smiles said:

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

Born: 19 June 1964 (age 53), Upper East Side, New York City, New York, United States

So he is no different to all those East Europeans coming here and settling with their kids, using valuable resources etc...

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

To do what exactly, they cannot legally work, claim benefits, get housing etc etc

once we leave the EU migrants from the EU will need a visa to enter and remain in the UK "Irish citizens excluded as they have been for Decades

How  will the UK be able to differentiate to those EU migrants in the UK before Brexit , to those arriving via the non-existent Irish border after Brexit

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

So he is no different to all those East Europeans coming here and settling with their kids, using valuable resources etc...

Boris is British, that could be the difference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

How  will the UK be able to differentiate to those EU migrants in the UK before Brexit , to those arriving via the non-existent Irish border after Brexit

Pre Brexit EU migrants will hold ID and leave to remain paperwork or UK citizenship to that effect.

Post Brexit EU migrants will not have the same documents (plus their shoe soles will be checked for give-away clover leaf DNA).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

That's because they need a runway. Check with Grouse.

Grouse.?

well here is a reality that the majority of Scots get, there  are  a few that refuse to believe that Scotland gets handouts from the greater UK - they seek independence and yet it is a willingness to be governed from Brussels - I honestly don't get it

here is a good read

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/brexit-scotland-and-the-union/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Grouse.?

well here is a reality that the majority of Scots get, there  are  a few that refuse to believe that Scotland gets handouts from the greater UK - they seek independence and yet it is a willingness to be governed from Brussels - I honestly don't get it

here is a good read

Sorry, it was just a joke referenced back to animal welfare that Grouse is concerned about.  

Edited by nauseus

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Grouse.?

here is a good read

Yes a good read. I think the SNP losses last year were a signal. I just hope the Scots will stay. Maybe they are feeling better about it after they wiped England's butt in the 6 nations!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 5:12 PM, natway09 said:

Excuse me Smedley I know that you are a one eyed Pom but  Northern Ireland are more than happy to stay

in the EU

there can not stay, the same as Scotland.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

there can not be a soft border for that reason, they will flood in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steve187 said:

there can not be a soft border for that reason, they will flood in.

They won't flood in because after brexit they will not be able to do anything - they will be illegally in the country, they will not be able to legally work - claim benefits - use the NHS - claim for housing etc etc, twice now I have made this point on this thread.

Those that are already here and qualify to stay will have NI numbers and the proper permission to remain in the UK, those arriving after brexit will not

so "no" nobody is going to flood into the UK illegally from the ROI/EU or anywhere else

this is really simple to understand

19 hours ago, smedly said:

You are assuming the above opinions and forecasts are fact which they are not 

I personally listened to what Blair and Major had to say and found it offensive and disgusting plus the timing is highly suspect, I also believe Corbin is involved but with a somewhat different agenda

What is coming out of Brussels and also the interference in the UK for me has exposed the corrupt divisive underbelly of the powerful and elite - it really is a disgrace 

I really wish you'd be able to substantiate your accusations, but you have not done so. I take it you don't believe in the UK government's forecasts that the UK will be worse off after Brexit? 

I forecast that Brexiteers will be sitting on a pile of economic rubble, thumbing a trade lift from passing ships. Once the economy goes bust, you might as well turn off the lights. Not that I believe it will be that damning, but sure as eggs are eggs  it will take decades to get the UK back to the present economic state. I think May knows that, and I think she also knows she'll be outed once she produces a rotten or no-deal package which will be rejected by parliament, IMO.

That's democracy at work; people are allowed to change their opinions.

18 hours ago, the guest said:

UK voted to leave the EU. Perhaps others don't understand the word democracy?

And democracy at work means people have the right to change their opinion. That's why elections are called at regular intervals. Same could be said for referendums. 

41 minutes ago, smedly said:

They won't flood in because after brexit they will not be able to do anything - they will be illegally in the country, they will not be able to legally work - claim benefits - use the NHS - claim for housing etc etc, twice now I have made this point on this thread.

Those that are already here and qualify to stay will have NI numbers and the proper permission to remain in the UK, those arriving after brexit will not

so "no" nobody is going to flood into the UK illegally from the ROI/EU or anywhere else

this is really simple to understand

Legality - as you say, that is the crux of the issue. But it's a bit like the lock on your garden shed - it is only ever going to keep out the honest thief. If they are determined, they will flood across any of the 200+ border crossings between Ireland and NI regardless of the legal status. Being a career criminal requires that you put such notions as legality to one side.  

• Like 1