How to get your totally infected PC/notebook in a good shape

jenny2017

I've got four PC's, one is  a notebookm one is my son's and I'm always trying to be up to date with new programs, best ways on how to solve problems and I've found quite a few good programs that will help people who'd usually need a new program, or Operating System. Some of these problems can be from Thai computer shop setups of any OS, because a lot of them are using installation medias that are totally affected by viruses, Trojan horses, and almost all other culprits that give us huge headaches.

Or tsuch problems come with a long time using a computer without the right protection, downloading from unsafe websites and so on...

I've tried this twice now before I'm posting the steps to clean a diseased machine up in a way that it's free of viruses and usable. First, please go to your drive Cm right click and go to properties. Then click "Disc Clean Up". If you'd never done this, it's possible that you can free up to 10 GB of trash and old W 10 installations that aren't needed anymore. 

1. Kaspersky Virus removal Tool. Please delete all old Anti-virus programs that you were using before, or disable them. The KVR Tool will find the culprits on your machine and you can delete all of them, the basic to go to the next step. Please reboot after that. Here's the link: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-virus-removal-tool

2. After a restart, please download the free version with all features of the program the paid version has. I like Kaspersky Internet security, but you can choose any of these three programs here, the Trial versions of them, good for 30 days.

here's the download link: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads

3. Install the program your choice and make a full system scan, delete all what Kaspersky found and download the Trial version of Advanced System Care 11 here: http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Ultimate/3000-2239_4-75738707.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button

Download, install and update the program, then tick all boxes and do all tasks the program has to offer. It starts from cleaning the registry, over cleaning junk files and other unwanted stuff. 

Advanced System Care Ultimate lets you do many different other tasks, so please take the time to find out what you'd like to change and how to do certain things.

BTW, if you've got a machine that's slow like a snail, you can also do these steps and you'll have a great and reliable machine afterwards. Should anybody try that, please report back. None of these programs contains a virus and it’s only to have a good functioning PC/ Notebook. 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 1

Helpful OP but I would be questioning why the original AV programs didnt work or why they cant be updated and used to scan and remove viruses. Also if a machine is severely infected, it may not always reboot after virus removal, if windows files were infected  or replaced (deleted).

Can I suggest a step 1a, go to task-manager/msconfig and turn off everything except microsoft services, then reboot and get new AV etc. Firstly there are some very clever viruses that may block downloading or running Kapersky etc, secondly with all start-ups off there is a chance the virus isnt starting etc and attaching to or replacing critical windows files. AV will then delete the virus but not important infected windows files.

Years of removing viruses in a computer shop, the virus removal is the easy part, its repairing windows after that is sometimes difficult.

Edited by Peterw42