Thai wills?

Orton Rd

As the lawyers want about 10k even for a very simple will here I thought i'd have a go at DIY. Downloaded a form, think it was off here long time back but not getting much co operation from the mrs filling it out.

As it's in Thai I assume it has to be filled out in Thai and not English?, apart from my name and signature, she claims not. She thinks she cannot fill it out in Thai as that would not be legal, tried to explain it is just the witness signature that she cannot sign as sole beneficiary. Getting nowhere with it so far, it's just the 800k in a Thai bank going to her In the event of my death, really simple, or so I hoped. so:

Can a Thai will be filled out in English?

Can the beneficiary write it out if it needs to be in Thai, while not being the witness  or the executor?

Edited by Orton Rd

even if you do manage to complete the will in Thai/english  it will have to be notorised by a lawyer 

which in turn will probably be around the 10 k mark

your idea of 10 k for a complete will   i would think be about   20 k minimum

A will doesn't have to be notarized by a lawyer, it just has to be signed by two witnesses.

A Thai Will, written in English and Thai by an English speaking lawyer, in Chiang Mai, costs 5,000 baht, I just revised mine two months ago and that was the cost at a well known company.

• Like 1