Question re 1 year "marriage visa"

I have a 1 year multiple entry visa obtained in Savannakhet which expires in September. But my 3 month permission to stay runs out this month. Do I have to do an out/in or could I get this "extension of stay to visit family" thing done to avoid this?

You could get a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife at your local immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card and proof of residence.

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could get a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife at your local immigration office for a fee of 1900 baht.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card and proof of residence.

Thanks. Is this a one off thing during the validity of the visa or can I still get another extension right before the visa expires?

Also, what kind of proof of residence would they want to see?

13 minutes ago, Becker said:

Thanks. Is this a one off thing during the validity of the visa or can I still get another extension right before the visa expires?

You can apply for a 60 day extension of every 90 day entry from your visa. You can do an entry on or before the date your visa expires (enter before date) to get a new 90 day entry and extend it also.

Proof of residence can be a rental agreement with copies of the owners house book and ID card attached. If living where you wife's house book is for that would be enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Becker said:

You'd be better to cross a border just before your Visa expires and you'll get another 90 day permission to stay stamp.

You can then extend that by another 60 days, so you don't have to apply for another ME Non Imm O until Feb, 2019.

A multi entry Non Imm O Visa. Valid 1 year. Can be issued to those who have a Thai wife or family. This Visa allows unlimited 90 day entries before the ‘enter before’ date of the Visa, at which point this Visa is ‘used’. You cannot make 90 day reports at Immigration, you must leave and re-enter Thailand to obtain another 90 days permission to stay. You can extend each 90 day permission to stay one time by 60 days (at Immigration) for the purpose of visiting a Thai wife or child and the relationship is de jure and defacto.

If used correctly, you can stay in Thailand for almost 17 months with this Visa type with only 3 border crossings.

• Thanks 1

Hi. Don't mind if I piggy back on this topic since I've a relevant question and this is an active topic.

Can I get the extension based on marriage back to back? As in as my extension is near it's expiration date, I just head to immigration office and apply for another one. 

I was always under the impression that one has to exit the country, get a Non-O and then apply for the extension. 

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You'd be better to cross a border just before your Visa expires and you'll get another 90 day permission to stay stamp.

You can then extend that by another 60 days, so you don't have to apply for another ME Non Imm O until Feb, 2019.

A multi entry Non Imm O Visa. Valid 1 year. Can be issued to those who have a Thai wife or family. This Visa allows unlimited 90 day entries before the ‘enter before’ date of the Visa, at which point this Visa is ‘used’. You cannot make 90 day reports at Immigration, you must leave and re-enter Thailand to obtain another 90 days permission to stay. You can extend each 90 day permission to stay one time by 60 days (at Immigration) for the purpose of visiting a Thai wife or child and the relationship is de jure and defacto.

If used correctly, you can stay in Thailand for almost 17 months with this Visa type with only 3 border crossings.

This is interesting.  Can you get these multi enyry non-immigrant O Visas in definitely?   This would sure save me the hassle of 400 000 baht in the bank.  Is this a better option?

Also, can you always go to the same out-of-country city every 90 days?  Can you apply for the new multi entry non-immigrant visa in Thailand at the end of the year, or do you need to go back to home country?

14 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

This is interesting.  Can you get these multi enyry non-immigrant O Visas in definitely?   This would sure save me the hassle of 400 000 baht in the bank.  Is this a better option?

Also, can you always go to the same out-of-country city every 90 days?  Can you apply for the new multi entry non-immigrant visa in Thailand at the end of the year, or do you need to go back to home country?

You can get 1 year multiple entry visas at the Thai consulate in Savannakhet without any financial proof until they stop issuing them.

Do a Savannakhet search in this forum and all info will be available.

1 hour ago, ttkeric said:

Can I get the extension based on marriage back to back? As in as my extension is near it's expiration date, I just head to immigration office and apply for another one. 

You can apply for a new extension of stay every year without ever leaving the country. On my 10th one now without leaving the country.

Only 60 day extensions to visit your wife are limited to one per entry.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a new extension of stay every year without ever leaving the country. On my 10th one now without leaving the country.

Only 60 day extensions to visit your wife are limited to one per entry.

Thanks for the replies.  One question:  do they stop issuing them in various places?

6 hours ago, Becker said:

what kind of proof of residence would they want to see?

On family extensions of any kind, if you rent a condo in Jomtien/Pattaya you could have problems; but if you own your condo, no problem.  I have not seen reports of this case being used to force people to agents at other offices, so unless in the Jomtien/Pattaya area, you can likely disregard this consideration.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/non-immigrant-visa-cat-o-married.php

This visa is available with single entry only, it is no longer possible to be granted a multiple entry visa. If wishing to stay longer it will be necessary to visit a Thai Immigration Office near to where you will be staying and enquire about the procedure for extending your stay. The single entry visa is valid for three months from date of issue and allows a single stay in Thailand of up to 90 days.

So that we can obtain authorisation from the London Embassy to issue this visa it is necessary for the applicant to submit to us all documents relative to this visa therefore we request you to email scanned copies of the following to [email protected]

1. Copy of the page of your passport with photo and details (passport must have minimum 6 months remaining validity at time of applying for the visa).
  2. Completed Visa Application Form with two recent passport size photographs attached.
  3. Copy of marriage certificate (Thai or UK) front and back.
  4. Copy of spouse’s Thai passport page containing photo and details.
  5. Copies of latest three months bank statements which must show applicant’s name and address.

As soon as we receive authority from the London Embassy we will invite you to visit us so that we can issue the visa and you will need to bring with you the following:-

1. Your passport (minimum 6 months remaining validity and with at least two blank pages for the visa and for entry/exit stamps).
  2. Two recent passport size photographs as available from a photo booth.
  3. Original completed Visa Application Form.
  4. Visa fee of £50 (single entry) plus £10 processing charge = £60 in cash only.
  5. All the documents as listed above according to your purpose of visit.

To find the Royal Thai Consulate, Hull:

2 minutes ago, johnson36 said:

This visa is available with single entry only, it is no longer possible to be granted a multiple entry visa. I

You can still apply for a multiple entry non-o visa at the embassy in London in person or by post.

The honorary consulates cannot issue them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, johnson36 said:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/non-immigrant-visa-cat-o-married.php

This visa is available with single entry only, it is no longer possible to be granted a multiple entry visa. If wishing to stay longer it will be necessary to visit a Thai Immigration Office near to where you will be staying and enquire about the procedure for extending your stay. The single entry visa is valid for three months from date of issue and allows a single stay in Thailand of up to 90 days.

So that we can obtain authorisation from the London Embassy to issue this visa it is necessary for the applicant to submit to us all documents relative to this visa therefore we request you to email scanned copies of the following to ................

That is honorary Consulates only, who cannot issue the ME Non Imm O Visa.

The ME Non Imm O Visa is still available from the London Embassy if retired (in receipt of state pension) or married to a Thai.

3 hours ago, WinterGael said:

Yes as long as your married to a Thai.

The Thai Embassy in Lao will issue them without any proof of income.

Whether it is a better option is a personal choice.

3 hours ago, WinterGael said:

You can go wherever you want whenever you want, it's a ME Visa.

You can only apply for the Non Imm O ME at Thai Embassies.

You don't have to go back to your home Country to obtain them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is one 60 day extension per entry.

Hello ubonjoe,

I am on yearly extension (3rd) of my Non O Marriage visa. I have already used the '60 day extension to visit thai wife' option once, and been in/out of country after that many times.

Could you please confirm if this '60 day extension' is available ONLY ONCE per visa sticker or every entry into Thailand or once every extension? 

Many thanks

7 hours ago, VinBkk said:

Could you please confirm if this '60 day extension' is available ONLY ONCE per visa sticker or every entry into Thailand or once every extension? 

It is one extension per entry with a visa. If you have a 1 year extension and have gotten a 60 day extension since you used a non-o visa to enter the country you cannot get another one. A entry with a re-entry permit is not a new entry since it is based upon the same entry you have been extending.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VinBkk said:

I am on yearly extension (3rd) of my Non O Marriage visa. I have already used the '60 day extension to visit thai wife' option once, and been in/out of country after that many times.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is one extension per entry with a visa. If you have a 1 year extension and have gotten a 60 day extension since you used a non-o visa to enter the country you cannot get another one. A entry with a re-entry permit is not a new entry since it is based upon the same entry you have been extending.

I'm confused by the question.

Does Vin have an extension of stay based on Marriage that he obtained from his local Immigration office, OR

does he have a Non Imm O ME Visa based on Marriage that he obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate.

Perhaps if he could confirm which one, a more definitive answer can be given.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

Does Vin have an extension of stay based on Marriage that he obtained from his local Immigration office

He wrote this.

I am on yearly extension (3rd) of my Non O Marriage visa.

It appears to be clear he has a 1 year extension of stay. Many people incorrectly  think their visa was extended.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He wrote this.

It appears to be clear he has a 1 year extension of stay. Many people incorrectly  think their visa was extended.

He also wrote this;

I have already used the '60 day extension to visit thai wife' option once, and been in/out of country after that many times.

That wouldn't apply to an extension, but would apply to a Non Imm O ME Visa.

He also refers to;

21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

per visa sticker

Big difference between a 'sticker' and a stamp.

Don't you sometimes wish you had a 'Crystal Ball' Joe?

It would make your life so much easier  :smile:

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Don't you sometimes wish you had a 'Crystal Ball' Joe?

I have gotten good at reading between the lines to decipher what people really mean.

I think he has an extension and has used a re-entry permit to enter the country many times.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have gotten good at reading between the lines to decipher what people really mean.

I think he has an extension and has used a re-entry permit to enter the country many times.

Thank you for the clarification, ubonjoe.

Yes, I am on yearly extension of stay on my NON O Marriage Visa (not ME)

I obtained 60 day extension once, during 2nd extension, as I needed more time to complete 2 months for 400k in bank.

After reading some posts here, I was hoping to get 60 days again, but now understand I cannot.

So now I am leaving for Savannakhet tomorrow, arriving Monday morning, to get a 1yr NON O ME Visa

Regards,

Vin 

• Like 1