Ubc Dstv Channel Change

bangbuathong

Can someone help me please?

I also don't understand the post listing channels and rows of numbers - what does it all mean? What am I supposed to do?

The MAZZ web site is here - http://www.mazz-smatv.com/ with instructions on how to change your set top box to the new setting here albeit in Thai but with pictures to help you out if you do not read thai

wbp_20070124144406.jpg

http://www.mazz-smatv.com/webboard.php?id=...555〈=th

wbp_20070124145458.jpg

The transponder (satellite transmitter) details are explained a little more here;

Frequency : 12438

Polarization : Horizontal

Symbolic Rate : 30000

etc etc

12438 H 30000

12479 H 30000

12521 H 30000

12562 H 25776

12604 H 30000

12272 H 30000

12657 H 30000

12720 H 30000

Edited by KuBand

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rang UBC/TrueVison this morning at 8am. They told me that my condo building management need to spend THB 300,000 to upgrade some equipment. Apparently my building refused so I cannot have the platinum package unless I get an individual dish, which I dont think the condo building will allow either.

I pointed out that I had already paid for the platinum package in January and he said that they would credit my account for the days unavailable.

Hi all...Ive given up trying to contact TrueTV.....

I have four ABS boxes (DStv--sattelite) 2 Platinum packages

all channels seem to work fine EXCEPT channels 100-136.....(searching for message)

channel 106 seems to be StarWorld, but its blank and all other channels on 100-136 are blank

does anyone have this problem also? is there a way to fix it?....I really dont think I need new boxes because

all other channels (1-99) seem fine....

It appears that some of the decoders are not capable of downloading the new imput and this is why following the programme instructions are failing to register the new frequency.

In my case, if you have the ABS9976 then it,s no good for the new signals and has to be changed.

They came this morning to my home and put a new one in ( TF6300IR ) and it downloaded the new imput immediately.

The engineer said anyone with my older or similar version would have to change it.

Marshbags, I have two platinum accounts, both had ABS boxes. One has had no problems with the changeover, while the other had problems. UBC came out to my home yesterday (on time) and replaced the one having problems with the new Topfield box. However, they left the other ABS box as is (I was not home at the time). Apparently, some of the ABS boxes can receive the signals while others can't. I have no idea why this is the case, but do much perfer the new box.

all channels seem to work fine EXCEPT channels 100-136.....(searching for message)

channel 106 seems to be StarWorld, but its blank and all other channels on 100-136 are blank

does anyone have this problem also? is there a way to fix it?....I really dont think I need new boxes because

i have the exact same problem channels from 100+ do not work, they get the data though cos it tells me whats on BBCE just no picture!

Can someone help me please?

I also don't understand the post listing channels and rows of numbers - what does it all mean? What am I supposed to do?

The MAZZ web site is here - http://www.mazz-smatv.com/ with instructions on how to change your set top box to the new setting here albeit in Thai but with pictures to help you out if you do not read thai

wbp_20070124144406.jpg

http://www.mazz-smatv.com/webboard.php?id=...555〈=th

wbp_20070124145458.jpg

The transponder (satellite transmitter) details are explained a little more here;

Frequency : 12438

Polarization : Horizontal

Symbolic Rate : 30000

etc etc

12438 H 30000

12479 H 30000

12521 H 30000

12562 H 25776

12604 H 30000

12272 H 30000

12657 H 30000

12720 H 30000

Thank you so much for all the good info.

I got onto the Mazz website and , as you say, it doesn't seem too difficult to follow the instructions.

Unfortunately, after spending the entire morning trying to re-tune, I've still drawn a blank screen(s).

I followed as best as I could and deleted the old channels, then I followed the manual set up menu and input the new TP frequency etc, then watched it all being saved and saw all the ubc channels being located and stored, but the screens are blank with the notation 'smart card failure'. The same card works fine in the SAMART box which is sitting next to it.

Sorry for being stupid, but one thing I still can't follow is why is there a list of TP frequencies? Surely you can only input one frequency into the box at a time? In my case it was 12438. What are all the other frequencies for? What am I supposed to do with them? Is there a way to store many frequencies?

Thanks for any help

Mobi

Sorry for being stupid, but one thing I still can't follow is why is there a list of TP frequencies? Surely you can only input one frequency into the box at a time? In my case it was 12438. What are all the other frequencies for? What am I supposed to do with them? Is there a way to store many frequencies?

Thanks for any help

Mobi

A question you should address with people you purchased the MAZZ box from along with why your card reader has failed (iredto2 version 5.5 card huh).

i have the exact same problem channels from 100+ do not work, they get the data though cos it tells me whats on BBCE just no picture!

yes, my data gets through on channels 100-136 (because each channel is identified at the bottom of the screen) but its blank (with a notation at the top---searching for signal?)...of well Ill try to keep calling True (pain in the a@@) TV.....

Here's a good one- after a two day wait i got a reply from "Custermer Service" with instructions on reprogramming my top field box. Went into "menu", did all they asked, and now I am stuck in Menu mode. Can't get out of it. Tried turning off the box, unplugging it, taking out the card. Then turn it all back on and i go directly into "menu". So I went into the local UBC / TRUE office today and was told a technician could come to my condo in "one week - very busy now". What a company.

Anyone having this problem ??

With my update I just unplugged my box and it reloaded channels all cool.. My mothers box (smaller square one) I had to tell it to rescan channels.. It loads them all and displays TV..

Then anything between 10 mins and maybe 45 screen goes blank.. No blue info bar.. No service not available.. no error code.. The box is on and the green light and ch number are displayed on the box but simply a black signal displayed on the TV.

yes, my data gets through on channels 100-136 (because each channel is identified at the bottom of the screen) but its blank (with a notation at the top---searching for signal?)...of well Ill try to keep calling True (pain in the a@@) TV.....

Spoke to true yesterday and they say that the frequency for the higher numbered channels can't be received in some areas. Apparently they're going to send out another IRD signal on the night of 30th/31st Jan which should rectify the situation - we live in hope!

Apparently they're going to send out another IRD signal on the night of 30th/31st Jan which should rectify the situation - we live in hope!

Ha, yeah I've seen the notice on UBC saying they're going to "revise and improve the channel numbering", after I spent ages revising and improving it myself. Oh well, guess I'll have to do it all over again, plus have another night with no TV. 6 hours just to rearrange the channels again, hope they get it right this time.

Apparently they're going to send out another IRD signal on the night of 30th/31st Jan which should rectify the situation - we live in hope!

Ha, yeah I've seen the notice on UBC saying they're going to "revise and improve the channel numbering", after I spent ages revising and improving it myself. Oh well, guess I'll have to do it all over again, plus have another night with no TV. 6 hours just to rearrange the channels again, hope they get it right this time.

I feel for you.Must be frustrating but TIT :o

it looks like they will again completely re-configure the channel numbering TONIGHT so that the extra channels (for the Platinum package) will be available on channels 31-39 (instead of scattered between channels 100-136 which I could not get for some reason on my ABS DStv boxes...)

I was kindof missing StarWorld (to be on new channel 34 instead of 106) and BBC Entertainment

Just when i finished re-programming it, they change it again ...

I don't really understand all these references to "re-programming" through this thread. What is there is re-program? I left the box plugged in and switched on, as it said, and the morning after both changes I switched on and everything was in its new place . . . . .

G

Just when i finished re-programming it, they change it again ...

I don't really understand all these references to "re-programming" through this thread. What is there is re-program? I left the box plugged in and switched on, as it said, and the morning after both changes I switched on and everything was in its new place . . . . .

G

You can reassign the channels to different numbers so you can flick through your favourites more conveniently...

Last night, I got the message: "Services Updated" on my screen. After that, all my "favorites" settings are gone. This is like the 4th time I've had to reprogram my "favorites" list, and I'm getting so tired of it. Did this "services updated" thing happen to anyone else last night?

Last night, I got the message: "Services Updated" on my screen. After that, all my "favorites" settings are gone. This is like the 4th time I've had to reprogram my "favorites" list, and I'm getting so tired of it. Did this "services updated" thing happen to anyone else last night?

Nope didn't have that problem...

Had a 'Low Signal' message on all the film channels - called the techys out and they fixed it in about 30 seconds...

• 2 years later...