Ubc Dstv Channel Change

bangbuathong

Last night UBC's dstv channels were changed, i set the receiver according the instructions in the UBC magazine but now all channels are mixed, do you have to manually adjust them? or, as I saw a screen flashing by this morning, are there other numbers to be filled in the install screen?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, all the channels have changed. It took me about 10 minutes this morning re-organising them to how I like it.

Does anyone know why they changed the channel numbers (gone up from 99 channels to 136)? Was it just a technical thing like new equipment or are they making room for more new channels? (that would be nice).

I found where they should be, but all there is is a blank scree saying:

Searching for cable signal

Other channels are ok

I am having this problem from Channels 65 through 85 (approx)

No sensible answer from UBC , or should we now call it True Vissions?

Cheers

I found where they should be, but all there is is a blank scree saying:

Searching for cable signal

Other channels are ok

I have two accounts. One is fine and the other is exactly how yours is. The channels I am supposed to get, but can't are 99, 101, 102, 105, 106, 108, 109, 111, 115 and 125.

I fear the only way to resolve it is to go through the UBC technical service phone line, which means we will be doing this for days to come.

Good luck.

Can anyone confirm to me that the number at UBC to be called in Bangkok is 02-271-7171? This is the number that has always worked, but now I get a recording saying the number I have dialed does not exist!

Thanks,

UBC - Utter Bas***d Conspirators

Nothing more to say!!

Can anyone confirm to me that the number at UBC to be called in Bangkok is 02-271-7171? This is the number that has always worked, but now I get a recording saying the number I have dialed does not exist!

Thanks,

Nothing more to say!!

Yeh, OK, but what is the number to call?

Thanks,

Nothing more to say!!

That is the only number. I wont even bother calling it cos they will sort out the problems in their own sweet time. Another arrogant and hopeless monopoly giving poor customer service and inadequate content...

Thanks,

Nothing more to say!!

That is the only number. I wont even bother calling it cos they will sort out the problems in their own sweet time. Another arrogant and hopeless monopoly giving poor customer service and inadequate content...

From past experience, and a confirmation of what you have just said, they won't sort out the problems on their own. Especially, since I have two platinum accounts and one is perfect. That tells me that they think everyone's would be the same way, and will only sort the rest out on a case by case basis. Hence, the need to call (although the recording still says the number does not exist).

I just got BBC 76 for 30 secs and then back to no signal.

I got through on 02 271 7171 but only after getting unobtainable about ten times.

You will notice if you try and visit ubctv.com that it has changed as per my previous post.

Cheers

Good you mention it, I also thought it was the weather until I found CNN (had it on ch 42) at channel 106 and BBC next to it.

i have star world at 106?!!

I have a gold package

????

According to their website, channel 106 is supposed to be StarWorld.

In all fairness to UBC, the website for my type of machine (ABS 8976) says I am supposed to manually select frequency adjustment, which I will try tonight. However, this has not been necessary on our other account, which is a bit confusing. Also, the 02-271-7171 phone number still has the "not existing" recording, which is really very, very annoying.

Same here... channels all over the place. Finally found BBC World at #38, CNN at #33, but HBO, Star Movies nowhere in sight. If things are now out in the channel range 100-139 I'd like to know how the hel_l I'm supposed to access them with a receiver only able to handle two-digit channel numbers!

Unavailability/non-existence of the official support number just adds insult to injury.

Same here... channels all over the place. Finally found BBC World at #38, CNN at #33, but HBO, Star Movies nowhere in sight. If things are now out in the channel range 100-139 I'd like to know how the hel_l I'm supposed to access them with a receiver only able to handle two-digit channel numbers!

Unavailability/non-existence of the official support number just adds insult to injury.

Reading from the UBC website (now at www.truevisionstv.com), the channel re-numbering applies to DStv and CAtv (digital) only. The website gives pictures of the receiver units, so you can visually check if your UBC cable is affected (which it sounds as if it has). Also, there are instructions on the website on how to manually tune the receiver units. The website also gives channel descriptions on what is supposed to be where, and the channel locations are different from what you describe above.

In my case, I finally did get to talk to someone and they found that the manual tuning exercise didn't work for me, so they are sending someone out.

Good luck.

Reading from the UBC website (now at www.truevisionstv.com), the channel re-numbering applies to DStv and CAtv (digital) only.

In my case, I finally did get to talk to someone and they found that the manual tuning exercise didn't work for me, so they are sending someone out.

I'm on DStv and have followed their instructions to the letter, but the documented channel assignments remain a work of fiction as far as I'm concerned and I cannot raise the 'location non-existent' call centre.

I suppose an email/message through their website would be the way to go, but I would much prefer to speak with someone than commit a message to what must be a mountain of written complaints that will more than likely get binned due to the sheer magnitude.

Ah well...

Reading from the UBC website (now at www.truevisionstv.com), the channel re-numbering applies to DStv and CAtv (digital) only. The website gives pictures of the receiver units, so you can visually check if your UBC cable is affected (which it sounds as if it has). Also, there are instructions on the website on how to manually tune the receiver units. The website also gives channel descriptions on what is supposed to be where, and the channel locations are different from what you describe above.

Good luck.

Same to me - I followed the instructions in the magazine - now I lost all channels !!!

Tried to contact UBC for hours without success ... 

Can anyone check the actual settings of the sat-receiver ?

(Menu / Setup / Installation / Enter password: 2321 / Manual Tuning) 

I need the settings for frequency, symbol-rate.

Thx

Good luck.

Same to me - I followed the instructions in the magazine - now I lost all channels !!!

Thx

I just did:

<MENU>

<4 SETUP>

>1 CHANNELS>

<RECALL>

and all is ok now !!

Good luck.

Thx

I,m in Udon coming off K. Khaen and Dito as per mag. instructions Frank.

Tried the suggested option by Dazzler ( is that as in Bobby, Dazzler ) apologies, just trying to lighten up regarding yet another UBC COCK UP followed by a load of b. &lt;deleted&gt; when telephoning the agent.

They really are a law unto themselves and hold the take it or leave it customer by the short and curleys.

To repeat a well used word THE BASTARDS

marshbags :D and :D but never mind, stay coooooool there,s always tomorrow ect. ect .ect.

P.S.

I aint got fuff all apart from " no signal ( E48 ) "

:o

Edited by marshbags

Hate it when they do that. Had all my channels sorted the way I like it and now have to do it again trying to remember my previous order.

Hi ,

They added more, so it took longer.

However , No English audio on Animal Planet - David Attenborough not so good in Thai

Stv Picture no sound \

THeir tel number 022717171 no longer functions

If you email them asking simple 3 word question , they insist on your Sub.#

ETC

There must be something better that I can pick up by satelite here in the sticks ?????