Ubc Dstv Channel Change

bangbuathong

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finaly I got It !!!

What they published in the magazine was wrong !

To got the stuff back to work I had to change in the

setup menu (Manual setting)

the LNB1 setting from 11300 to 11231.

Now everything works fine and even the sorting is as before !

Finally got through and had to endure a further 20 minutes on hold, but was then told that we have old equipment and that we were sent a letter advising us to upgrade the receiver... of course the letter never arrived.

So the solution for some might also be similar equipment upgrades.

Cheers

Same sh*t with these idiots. Worst run company in Thailand, and that takes some work. I'm having the same problems as everyone else...I have ESPN, StarSports, CNN, BBC, but no HBO, Discovery, etc. - I get the E48 message, which then switches over to E52.

I just sent them an email telling them I wasn't paying for the service for each day its out. Perhaps if everyone were to do that...nah, for a minute i forgot who i was dealing with..

Same sh*t with these idiots. Worst run company in Thailand, and that takes some work. I'm having the same problems as everyone else...I have ESPN, StarSports, CNN, BBC, but no HBO, Discovery, etc. - I get the E48 message, which then switches over to E52.

I just sent them an email telling them I wasn't paying for the service for each day its out. Perhaps if everyone were to do that...nah, for a minute i forgot who i was dealing with..

Hi, Could not agree more !!! Tried to send emails to UBC and the new company True Vision.

FAILED !!

postmaster@Zone1_1_11.csloxinfo.com wrote:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Reporting-MTA: dns;Zone1_1_11

Received-From-MTA: dns;zone120

Arrival-Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:44:48 +0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;452 Too many recipients received this hour

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 reset

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 reset

Hate it when they do that. Had all my channels sorted the way I like it and now have to do it again trying to remember my previous order.
Same Same. They appear to <deleted> with
More convienient with Channel Relocation
every 6 months or so. Dunno to whose convienience they are refering. :o

No other problems though. All channels are there.

I cannot get the platinum channels that I pay for either. Left the box unplugged and took the card out overnight. This morning it still didnt work.

Called 02 271 7171 at 7.30 this morning to be told that all the operators were busy, please hold the line etc. After about 10 mins another message tells me that they are changing channels etc, and if I experience any problems call this number. Lines are open from 8am til 10pm!!!! So why the f*** didn't they tell me that 10 mins ago when I called!!!!! :o

What do you reckon the chances are of us getting refunds for the days it doesn't work :D

What a farce, I managed to reset all my favourite channels with no problem, except I cannot get BBCE or STARWORLD, just a blank screen. Then last night whilst trying to watch the ESPN and Start Sports channels the picture kept disappearing as if it was heaving down with rain.

This may be a coincidence but I found that the lower down the channel numbers I went, the quality of sound and picture improved

---Then last night whilst trying to watch the ESPN and Start Sports channels the picture kept disappearing as if it was heaving down with rain.

This may be a coincidence but I found that the lower down the channel numbers I went, the quality of sound and picture improved

If you have DStv look at:-

Menu

4 Setup

2 Receiver Info

3 Signal Value

It should be 255 if not your dish may need alignment.

Retune IRD

Subscribers with ABS brand receiver units (DSTV and Digital Cable TV)

1.Press the menu button on your remote control and select SETUP

2.Select INSTALLATION

3.Enter Password “2321”

4.Select MANUAL TUNING

5.Select Apply these settings

Retune IRD

Subscribers with PACE brand receiver units ( For DSTV only)

1. Press the menu button on your remote control and select Installation

2. Enter Password “4252”

3. Select Channel Tuning

4. Select Retune with these setting

5. Press OK to retune frequency

6. Press OK to confirm

Reset Channels

Subscribers with ABS brand receiver units (DSTV and Digital Cable TV)

1. Press the “MENU” button on your remote control and move the cursor to “SET UP”, the press OK

2. Move the cursor to “CHANNELS” and press OK

3. Press the “RECALL” button on your remote control

4. Select “YES” to reset the channels , then press ok

Reset Channels

Subscribers with PACE brand receiver units ( For DSTV only)

1. Press the “MENU” button on your remote control and move the cursor to “ INSTALLATION” ,then press “SELECT” (OK)

2. Move the cursor to “DECODER SETTINGS” then press “SELECT” (OK)

3. Move the cursor to “CHANNEL ORGANIZATION” , then press “SELECT” (OK)

4. Move the cursor to “ TV CHANNEL ” , then press “SELECT” (OK)

5. Move the cursor to “RESET TV CHANELS” , then press “SELECT” (OK)

6. Press “SELECT” (OK) to reset the channels

7. Press the “MENU” button on your remote control to go back to the actual screen

I have the UBC platinum package on satellite.

I have a splitter box, and 3 receiver units. They are SAMART DSTV boxes.

Yesterday I managed to locate all the channels on all 3 boxes and have sorted them into more rational order.

However, for some reason I can't fathom, on one of the boxes, many of the channel numbers are blocked. For example I cannot use channels 1 - 19, and quite a few other numbers sscattered around after that. (If I press channel 1, for example, it defaults to channel 20) It has nothing to do with the 'Checking' unwanted channels in the menu, as I have unchechecked all of them.

Has anyone got an idea how I unlock these channel numbers so that I can use them?

The strange thing is that the other 2 boxes are fine, and it is just annoying that I can't have the same programmes on the same channels for all 3 boxes.

Thanks for any ideas.

I have DSTV, didnot switch on TV until I was home at 5pm yesterday

All was good, numbering was different but no sweat there......maybe you were all to impatient??

J

Not by a long shot. UBC is heading to my house today to figure out why my system can't get certain channels in their new positions, while it can get all the others. All of their helpful hints on their website and over the phone yesterday did not do the trick. Consider yourself lucky.

---Then last night whilst trying to watch the ESPN and Start Sports channels the picture kept disappearing as if it was heaving down with rain.

If you have DStv look at:-

Menu

4 Setup

2 Receiver Info

3 Signal Value

It should be 255 if not your dish may need alignment.

Hi,

I would appreciate it if you could confirm that you have English on Animal Planet and sound on STC.

I have children who enjoyed those programs before the latest changes.

Regards

I have the UBC platinum package on satellite.

I have a splitter box, and 3 receiver units. They are SAMART DSTV boxes.

Yesterday I managed to locate all the channels on all 3 boxes and have sorted them into more rational order.

However, for some reason I can't fathom, on one of the boxes, many of the channel numbers are blocked. For example I cannot use channels 1 - 19, and quite a few other numbers sscattered around after that. (If I press channel 1, for example, it defaults to channel 20) It has nothing to do with the 'Checking' unwanted channels in the menu, as I have unchechecked all of them.

Has anyone got an idea how I unlock these channel numbers so that I can use them?

The strange thing is that the other 2 boxes are fine, and it is just annoying that I can't have the same programmes on the same channels for all 3 boxes.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mobi, sorry to not be able to help you (I am clueless on these things), but I do have a question for you. I have two platinum accounts only because I have UBC in three different rooms. In my house the three TV's usually have different UBC channels on at the same time. Can you do this from your system where you only have one platinum account? If so, perhaps I can invest in something similar and save approx. THB 2,000 per month. Of course, I would also have to convince the wife...

Hi,

I would appreciate it if you could confirm that you have English on Animal Planet and sound on STC.

Regards

Just checked. Interesting in that I get Thai on Animal Planet but can switch to English using the third button down on the R. side of the remote. And no sound on STC, but again I can get sound (English) using the button.

BUT, both of these channels default back (AP - Thai language) and (STC - No sound) when the channels are changed.

-redwood

I,m in Udon coming off K. Khaen and Dito as per mag. instructions Frank.

Tried the suggested option by Dazzler ( is that as in Bobby, Dazzler ) apologies, just trying to lighten up regarding yet another UBC COCK UP followed by a load of b. <deleted> when telephoning the agent.

They really are a law unto themselves and hold the take it or leave it customer by the short and curleys.

To repeat a well used word THE BASTARDS

marshbags :D and :D but never mind, stay coooooool there,s always tomorrow ect. ect .ect.

P.S.

I aint got fuff all apart from " no signal ( E48 ) "

:o

I had a visit from my local TRUE / UBC engineer this morning and have some good news about the problems that are effecting many members. ( for some anyway )

It appears that some of the decoders are not capable of downloading the new imput and this is why following the programme instructions are failing to register the new frequency.

In my case, if you have the ABS9976 then it,s no good for the new signals and has to be changed.

They came this morning to my home and put a new one in ( TF6300IR ) and it downloaded the new imput immediately.

The engineer said anyone with my older or similar version would have to change it.

Several good points to add to contradict my above statement which i can only say was certainly applicable before this visit as far as UBC itself was concerned.

I found the mobile number of the engineer who installed my equipt on the initial installation and gave him a call.

I belled him at 18.20 pm and he asked me to let my wife talk to him as my Thai is Nig Noi and via her passed on the change over instructions which were in fact the ones as per programme and obviously didn,t work.

I arranged for him to come this morning and cut my losses for the day and thought no more about it.

At 21.05 i was playing fuff about some prat revving a chopper up outside the house and the dogs 2 were giong ape s***.

On looking out the window my wife said " it,s the UBC man " in her usual child like way

( This part of Thai culture we all love, go on admit it. )

To cut it short, he checked the decoder and said he would have to get a new one from the shop as mine was unable to download all the info.

Promised to come back as soon as he could get the stuff from the shop and yes he kept his word , turned up about 09.50 and changed it over which took him less the 15 mins.

Gave me a new smaller remote and an Eng / Thai instruction booklet which gives all the relevant info and diagrams you could need, i signed to say he,d done the work ect. NO CHARGES and off he went.

His mobile during both visits never stopped ringing and he used a remote microphone / rec. and actually passed on advice while he worked.

" KUDOS " big time to him and just maybe things will start to improve now True are officially onboard.

If not, then no problem as i know i can get in touch with my local engineer who apparently lives in my M.Ban less than a k.m. away.

Thank you WAI for your JAI DEE and dedication. :bah:

I gave him the usual 10 baht tip of course to show him my appreciation, i was going to give him 5 but he had no change. ;)

He wouldn,t take it at first but i insisted.

Not bad eh, hows that for service with a smile.

marshbags :D not forgetting the :o

P.S.

Yes it was a bit more than 10 baht :bah: and well worth it i can tell you. :D

Show respect, be friendly and it,s usually reciprocated most of the time, do it anyway if only for your feeling good / self esteem factor.

Any further problems and i have to ring him immediately, Anytime he told me. and i will

Edited by marshbags

Hi,

Regards

Just checked. Interesting in that I get Thai on Animal Planet but can switch to English using the third button down on the R. side of the remote. And no sound on STC, but again I can get sound (English) using the button.

BUT, both of these channels default back (AP - Thai language) and (STC - No sound) when the channels are changed.

-redwood

stc? what could you possible want to hear on the soundtrack channel?

an unplug and a reboot sorted me in under 5 mins as it downloads firmware settings when you kill the power completely and restart.

you guys remind me of my dear departed father trying to set the time on the vcr. it would be interesting to see if there is a correlation between trouble experienced and time expended on this mortal coil

Hi,

Regards

-redwood

Redwood ,

Tried that , it worked exactly as you said - but disappears after channel change (at least I have those back)

STC is now a different model as is BBC Prime now BBC entertaiment.

The movies appear to older than ever.

Many Thanks - I had given up trying to contact UBCTV/ Truevision.

Hi,

Regards

-redwood

stc? what could you possible want to hear on the soundtrack channel?

an unplug and a reboot sorted me in under 5 mins as it downloads firmware settings when you kill the power completely and restart.

you guys remind me of my dear departed father trying to set the time on the vcr. it would be interesting to see if there is a correlation between trouble experienced and time expended on this mortal coil

It's a pity - people cannot be civil ! Your brilliance must astound all around you.

Just using the remote and you can re program it to get all the channels, then just move all the channels back to where you like them.

Do not do what I did 3 times and press the recall button thinking it would set the new channels locations....doh

Where did U get the frequenties please?

Just using the remote and you can re program it to get all the channels, then just move all the channels back to where you like them.

Do not do what I did 3 times and press the recall button thinking it would set the new channels locations....doh

12438 H 30000 Channels 1-16

12479 H 30000 Channels 17-32

12521 H 30000 Channels 33-48

12562 H 25776 Channels 49-64

12604 H 30000 Channels 65-78

12272 H 30000 Channels 79-98

12657 H 30000 Channels 99-115

12720 H 30000 Channels 116-136

http://www.satcodx3.com/0785/eng/

12438 H 30000 Channels 1-16

12479 H 30000 Channels 17-32

12521 H 30000 Channels 33-48

12562 H 25776 Channels 49-64

12604 H 30000 Channels 65-78

12272 H 30000 Channels 79-98

12657 H 30000 Channels 99-115

12720 H 30000 Channels 116-136

http://www.satcodx3.com/0785/eng/

Thanks, one more problem. Almost all my channels are scrambled and I have payed the gold package untl next year. What now?

Can someone help me please?

Although I have SAMART reciever boxes, one of them has an intermittant fault that they can't seem to fix so a few months ago I bought I a replacement box with the trade name MAZZ. It has worked fine until UBC did their thing on Monday.

Now all I can get on this new box is a few digital Thai channels, and nothing else. All 3 of my Samart boxes work fine now, except as previously posted, one of them has some unusable channel numbers.

Someone posted that the LNB should be changed from 11300 to 11231, I tried this and even the few Thai channels disappeared.

There are a lot of set up screens in the menu of the MAZZ box in English, but I haven't any idea how to manually re-tune it. (there's no instruction manual!)

I also don't understand the post listing channels and rows of numbers - what does it all mean? What am I supposed to do?

I have also looked at the website link and am even more flummoxed!

Can anyone out there give me an inkling of what settings need to be changed and where I might find them in the menu?

I know it's a big ask - but worth a try. :o

Edited by Mobi D'Ark