Solo ,A star wars story

kevvy

There's no one true type of Stars wars fan .  From people who saw the first film when it came out in 1977 to others who was forced to see "A New Hope"   years ago,  to the new one The Lat Jedi.Now we have a story of Hans Solo.  Aboard the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca .Looking forward to this space western .

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3778644/?ref_=ttls_li_tt

The Star Wars universe is so vast that there are an infinite number of stories to be told. Pity that so few are. I'd prefer smaller ( even animated movies ) than the big blockbusters. Unfortunately what we get is <deleted> <deleted> like The Last Jedi that didn't even exist within the accepted physics of that universe. They completely made up a lot of it and it was impossible, like Luke appearing as a hologram that could actually do stuff in the climactic battle. Actually, it was just a movie by committee with way too much money wasted on big bangs and not enough on a plot, or character development.

Only good thing about that film was NO WOOKIES ( or Jaa Jaa Binks ).

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The Star Wars universe is so vast that there are an infinite number of stories to be told. Pity that so few are. I'd prefer smaller ( even animated movies ) than the big blockbusters. Unfortunately what we get is <deleted> <deleted> like The Last Jedi that didn't even exist within the accepted physics of that universe. They completely made up a lot of it and it was impossible, like Luke appearing as a hologram that could actually do stuff in the climactic battle. Actually, it was just a movie by committee with way too much money wasted on big bangs and not enough on a plot, or character development.

Only good thing about that film was NO WOOKIES ( or Jaa Jaa Binks ).

In principle I agree with you. But it seems there are many many people who are willing to spend money for a bad movie - as long as it has the name Star Wars in it's title.

From IMDB: Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $1,311,425,821, 28 January 2018

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/

20 hours ago, Justfine said:

The franchise is a joke now. Should have left it as 3 movies.

The problem was they had too much money when they made 1, 2 and 3. Money doesn't make really good films. Character development, likeability, and plot are more important than special effects. 

Somewhere along the line the producers forgot that they were making entertainment and started thinking it was about making money and being important.

The best films I've seen in a long time are Totoro, Whisper of the heart, Only yesterday, From up on Poppy hill, Porco Rosso, Kiki's delivery service, When Marnie was there, Howl's moving castle, Laputa castle in the sky and Spirited away.

All anime films from the Ghibli studios. Slight stories with plots, likeable characters, adventure, magic, amazing scenery, sadness, happiness, a little violence at times, and satisfactory endings that leave me with a feeling that life can be better.

Not once did I feel angry during the film, or finish the movie feeling depressed.

As I said, slight stories, but utterly delightful to watch and a real feel good ending. Films I can watch over and over.

BTW, they all feature strong female characters that succeed without kicking anyone's ass, so the metoo mob should like them, if they ever stop shouting at men.

However, though beloved of millions of fans, I doubt we'll ever see them winning an Oscar.