Prayut: remaining as PM would depend on offer

webfact

10 hours ago, JAG said:

Thaksin came to power because the people voted him to power. Why they did that is another matter but vote for him they did.

Yingluck came to power because the people voted her to power. Why they did that is another matter but vote for him they did.

General Prayut came to power because he seized it in a military coup. Nobody voted for him, nobody was given the chance to vote.

Now a politician" General Prayut plans to come to power despite not enough people voting for him...

Lets hope so... I am a bit less sure then you.. the money being pumped into the north right now is substantial. Unlike you I believe the people there will vote for whoever offers them the best deal. The general is now flooding the area with cash from his program and making sure nobody campaigns but him. Lets hope its not enough to swing the tide. 

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

1 minute ago, JAG said:

Thaksin came to power because the people voted him to power. Why they did that is another matter but vote for him they did.

Yingluck came to power because the people voted her to power. Why they did that is another matter but vote for him they did.

General Prayut came to power because he seized it in a military coup. Nobody voted for him, nobody was given the chance to vote.

Now a politician" General Prayut plans to come to power despite not enough people voting for him...

No point pointing out facts, and the fact is prayut is part of the "elite" that the majority of the population dont want and any proxy taksin will stomp him in an election. They all know that, most of us know that, cept for those who cant see beyond their wifes nose.

Its why they keep delaying the election.

It really is that simple, they are afterall imo pretty simple people.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Lets hope so... I am a bit less sure then you.. the money being pumped into the north right now is substantial. Unlike you I believe the people there will vote for whoever offers them the best deal. The general is now flooding the area with cash from his program and making sure nobody campaigns but him. Lets hope its not enough to swing the tide. 

Would you like to point to any actual on the ground money being pumped into the north. I can along 'the bkk mansion to military owned airport hwy'. Being built at a rate never seen before and possibly competing with western scales

52 minutes ago, kaorop said:

Would you like to point to any actual on the ground money being pumped into the north. I can along 'the bkk mansion to military owned airport hwy'. Being built at a rate never seen before and possibly competing with western scales

Just google Thay Niyom projects.

• Thanks 1

Will it be anything like this?

Kim Jong-un was elected to a seat in the Supreme People's Assembly, He ran unopposed, but voters had the choice of voting yes or no. There was a record turnout of voters and, according to government officials, all voted "yes" 

When he came to power he claimed he would not be long there but then how long is piece of string and who remember what was said yesterday?

Like most people is a position of power they find it hard to give up especially if they don't have to and its down to them to make that decision.

I detect that although most ordinary Thais are not interested in Politics, more interested in surviving another day, there is a feeling that the General has over stayed his welcome and he should go sooner rather than later, if he stands and gets re elected it will store up a problem further down the line and how will that be dealt with? I can think of a couple of options neither of which are good.

16 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Exactly if he knew what he was doing and believed in it, he would not have needed to cloak himself in a blanket amnesty, that he knew he would probably need one day to cover his ar..se, and don't even talk about art.44, seems to be a very fragile politician, as he terms himself lately!

He reminds me alot of Trump, incredibly fragile, very low self esteem, a great deal of self loathing, and very thin skin, masked by a grand presentation of himself, and a large ego. Both are fabulously incompetent fools, and both are unwilling to take good advice, or act with wisdom or vision. Both are men of tremendous ignorance incapable of doing good for the people. 

• Like 2

On 3/7/2018 at 4:12 AM, webfact said:

“But I have warned you, you have to vote for a government with good governance,” Prayut said. 

He can't get it through his skull that how people vote is what democracy is all about - even in LoS.

He's also missed the irony of the statement - unfortunately, that was almost certainly unintentional.

Talking about this with the wife.  She pointed out (for the umpteenth time) the complete about face from "No, I'll not keep power, No I have no desire to be Prime Minister!" straight through to the expected 'Heck yeah, of course I'm standing at the election!" She and her crony's liken it to a buffalo ploughing a field. First go one way, turn 180 degrees and go back again. And then they start getting personal...

On 3/7/2018 at 6:29 AM, YetAnother said:
On 3/7/2018 at 4:12 AM, webfact said:

“But I have warned you, you have to vote for a government with good governance,” Prayut said. 

rich blend of unbridled arrogance and thinly veiled self-interest; seems he is one of the few that believes he embodies good governance

The meaning was clear. In other words: "but I have a warned you, you have to vote for a government that I approve of. After you have voted I will make the final decision". It's not even a suggestion, but a WARNING.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

He reminds me alot of Trump, incredibly fragile, very low self esteem, a great deal of self loathing, and very thin skin, masked by a grand presentation of himself, and a large ego. Both are fabulously incompetent fools, and both are unwilling to take good advice, or act with wisdom or vision. Both are men of tremendous ignorance incapable of doing good for the people. 

You people will use any excuse to berate Trump. Give it a break - we're not all American citizens. There's absolutely no comparison anyway.