quelling hunger ?

poanoi

6 minutes ago, Taggart said:

I don't think so.  A friend of my wife got stroke about four years ago.  Lost complete control of one arm.  Can't drive anymore.  Gets around very slowly only when she has to, using one of those foldable rollators.  Totally addicted to a diet of sugary drinks along with diet cokes, fast food delivery, potato chips, burgers, fries, cakes, doughnuts, pastries.  I've never seen her eat something simple like a salad or a piece of fruit.  Now stays in a retirement home, where perhaps she eats a bit better,  but she's still very much obese.  Forever at the doctor to obtain more prescription drugs for muscle ache and pain.  Highly intelligent woman, but doesn't seem to realize that it's perhaps what she eating that may be the cause of her health problems.  She's now 69.  

That's 1 example :-)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Taggart said:

I don't think so.  A friend of my wife got stroke about four years ago.  Lost complete control of one arm.  Can't drive anymore.  Gets around very slowly only when she has to, using one of those foldable rollators.  Totally addicted to a diet of sugary drinks along with diet cokes, fast food delivery, potato chips, burgers, fries, cakes, doughnuts, pastries.  I've never seen her eat something simple like a salad or a piece of fruit.  Now stays in a retirement home, where perhaps she eats a bit better,  but she's still very much obese.  Forever at the doctor to obtain more prescription drugs for muscle ache and pain.  Highly intelligent woman, but doesn't seem to realize that it's perhaps what she eating that may be the cause of her health problems.  She's now 69.  

I know a fat farang like that, knows absolutely everything, slags off all but cannot face his fat ploblem...If some one told him why he is obese he would say they were wrong...laugh.gif.a398c3791e1966af9292a6ef7c796a45.gif

56 minutes ago, transam said:

I know a fat farang like that, knows absolutely everything, slags off all but cannot face his fat ploblem...If some one told him why he is obese he would say they were wrong...laugh.gif.a398c3791e1966af9292a6ef7c796a45.gif

There's 2 billion fat people.

Just now, transam said:

I am sure there are, but I bet those 2 billion don't know everything other than their ploblem......

Bs. They know why, just cant be bothered changing. Like smokers. They dont want to make the changes.

2 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Bs. They know why, just cant be bothered changing. Like smokers. They dont want to make the changes.

Agree.

I lost 32 kilos by doing the right things.

I gave back 10 kilos by choosing not the do the right things.

The answer is within my own control, just as it was when I gave up smoking.

"Forever at the doctor to obtain more prescription drugs for muscle ache and pain.  Highly intelligent woman, "

Not that intelligent. She's addicted to the drugs and carbs.

She's too lazy to break the addiction same as drinkers, gamblers, smokers etc.

Life is short and some say what the hell and do it.

A friend's mother is a diabetic but still eats junk. She threatened to divorce her husband if he keeps telling her to change her diet. Doctor said she will die sooner from it and she doesnt care.

3 minutes ago, Justfine said:

"Forever at the doctor to obtain more prescription drugs for muscle ache and pain.  Highly intelligent woman, "

Not that intelligent. She's addicted to the drugs and carbs.

She's too lazy to break the addiction same as drinkers, gamblers, smokers etc.

Life is short and some say what the hell and do it.

A friend's mother is a diabetic but still eats junk. She threatened to divorce her husband if he keeps telling her to change her diet. Doctor said she will die sooner from it and she doesnt care.

Well I drink beer, smoke a fag and sing songs, it is my life and l do what l want..

I do not need anyone to tell me l may live longer if l give up what l like doing...

No apron strings on me....singing.gif.e8f47f2f1e7c6f0c20d2d8f37c290a96.gif

On 4/22/2018 at 1:22 PM, juice777 said:

I shop in macros to but I am not sure what yoghurt is the healthiest which one do you buy?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

yogurt is incredibly easy to make if you have the time.

Every year it's a new fad diet. Atkins, Keto, Paleo, no-carb, high carb, high protein, nothing but celery, detoxing, no nuts, lots of nuts, raw veggies only,  juicing, coffee enemas......SHEESH

I just eat what I consider a balanced diet. Fruit, veggies, some grains, nuts, meat and fish, keeping beef consumption low, potatoes, and try to stay away from too much sugar.

I'm not going to over analyze it and go on discussing food to death.

13 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Every year it's a new fad diet. Atkins, Keto, Paleo, no-carb, high carb, high protein, nothing but celery, detoxing, no nuts, lots of nuts, raw veggies only,  juicing, coffee enemas......SHEESH

I just eat what I consider a balanced diet. Fruit, veggies, some grains, nuts, meat and fish, keeping beef consumption low, potatoes, and try to stay away from too much sugar.

I'm not going to over analyze it and go on discussing food to death.

Low carb diets have been around for decades. Not a fad. Just variations of the same scientific principles.

Beef is good for you.

55 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I drink beer, smoke a fag and sing songs, it is my life and l do what l want..

I do not need anyone to tell me l may live longer if l give up what l like doing...

No apron strings on me....singing.gif.e8f47f2f1e7c6f0c20d2d8f37c290a96.gif

Does he enjoy it?

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

Low carb diets have been around for decades. Not a fad. Just variations of the same scientific principles.

Beef is good for you.

I was suggesting the low-carb diets go in and out of fashion. Unfortunately I love to bbq my beef which, in excess, is not healthy. And expensive in Thailand 555 . I find it almost insane how people argue diets.

Well rounded is my aim.

2 years ago I returned home for a year and the supermarkets are now about 40% gluten free when in reality 1% of people are actually gluten intolerant.

7 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Does it taste any good?

What's your recipe?

Buy a store yogurt with active bacteria.

Heat 1 litre milk up to 90°c for 10 minutes. reduce to 42°c and add 1 tblespoon of the active yogurt. Keep it at 42°c for 8-12 hours.

The longer the more tart. Add vanilla or fruit if you want I like it plain.

5 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

I was suggesting the low-carb diets go in and out of fashion. Unfortunately I love to bbq my beef which, in excess, is not healthy. And expensive in Thailand 555 . I find it almost insane how people argue diets.

Well rounded is my aim.

2 years ago I returned home for a year and the supermarkets are now about 40% gluten free when in reality 1% of people are actually gluten intolerant.

Millions follow low carb for years and years.

It's the drug/bread/junk food companies who call it a fad.

1 minute ago, duanebigsby said:

Buy a store yogurt with active bacteria.

Heat 1 litre milk up to 90°c for 10 minutes. reduce to 42°c and add 1 tblespoon of the active yogurt. Keep it at 42°c for 8-12 hours.

The longer the more tart. Add vanilla or fruit if you want I like it plain.

Too much effort.

14 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Too much effort.

HaHa

Yeah heating some milk up for about 20 minutes, adding a spoonful of yogurt, transferring to a container and setting out in the sun while you forget about it for 10 hours is a tedious amount of effort.

15 minutes ago, Justfine said:

"supermarkets are now about 40% gluten "

Most foods contain no gluten

I know that but the supermarkets are putting "gluten free" on the packaging as a selling point and people I know are worried about consuming gluten at all.

6 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

HaHa

Yeah heating some milk up for about 20 minutes, adding a spoonful of yogurt, transferring to a container and setting out in the sun while you forget about it for 10 hours is a tedious amount of effort.

In the sun? Sounds yuk

Archived