First Time Driver In Thailand

After 2 1/2 years, I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a car, picked it up last Thursday and drove in Bangkok traffic for the first time. First impressions, it looks worse than it really is, however there are some motorcyclists with death wishes, being a moterbike myself I allways look out for them but its a tad difficult here as they come from everywhere!!! Its like driving in London and dodging motorcycle couriers, but not as bad as I thought.

To make matters easier Ive also installed the NUVI 310 GPS system, brilliant, have used it 3 times so far and its spot on (had one hickup when I was under the elevated and it suggested I do a U turn,) l kind of ignored it, drove on and it "re-calculated" and took me to the Clubhouse of the golf course, brilliant. At 28k it aint cheap but as I can take it anywhere and slot in new maps via an SD (?) card, should be good for all my travels

After 2 1/2 years, I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a car, picked it up last Thursday and drove in Bangkok traffic for the first time. First impressions, it looks worse than it really is, however there are some motorcyclists with death wishes, being a moterbike myself I allways look out for them but its a tad difficult here as they come from everywhere!!! Its like driving in London and dodging motorcycle couriers, but not as bad as I thought.

To make matters easier Ive also installed the NUVI 310 GPS system, brilliant, have used it 3 times so far and its spot on (had one hickup when I was under the elevated and it suggested I do a U turn,) l kind of ignored it, drove on and it "re-calculated" and took me to the Clubhouse of the golf course, brilliant. At 28k it aint cheap but as I can take it anywhere and slot in new maps via an SD (?) card, should be good for all my travels

Where did you buy your NUVI 310? I have a Garmin StreetPilot 2720 but I was thinking of getting something for my wife's car.

Any ideas of the cost of the SD card with the Bangkok or Thailand maps loaded on it?

I bought my Thai wife a NUVI 350 for Christmas here in the states. I will bring it to Thailand in April when we come for holliday.

B 12,000 for all of Thailand from Gadgetrend/ESRI. The map has to be unlocked for your specific machine my Garmin in Taiwan , takes about 2 weeks.

Cheers