Khon kaen boat racing event this Saturday

Rc2702

I went past the stretch of water today on sri chan rd near airport and there's a few boats being brought into the water which I can only describe as f1 style speed boats. Looks like a fair bit of work going into staging this event.

Anyone been before amd is it family friendly?

I do not know about the formula 1 boats here but in all other speedboat events that I have been involved with they are all family friendly. I saw a couple of the boats last night and I will be there tomorrow

Well I watched a bit today and it seems that the boats are Sport C national powerboat racing class in the Outboard Performance Craft (OPC) category of the American Powerboat Association (APBA).

Sport C racing at the OPC Nationals, Kankakee, IL

Edited by JLCrab

5 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Well I watched a bit today and it seems that the boats are Sport C national powerboat racing class in the Outboard Performance Craft (OPC) category of the American Powerboat Association (APBA).

I spent a short time there today and there is 3 classes of boats including the F1 boats and they were mainly practising today with the actual racing tomorrow. I have been told that this is an annual event here, My day has now been planned for me to just go and sit by the water and watch the boat racing, I have not seen any for about 10 years

52 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Obviously all foreign drivers......as they wear a helmet.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Obviously all foreign drivers......as they wear a helmet.

I know that it is hard to accept but some local Thai people do wear helmets but you also have the other thing mixed up, you are thinking about one of those things that have 2 wheels and carry 6 people and none of them wearing helmets.

Have a great day

13 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Those are the boats I saw around 3 PM racing (or practice racing) in the water watching  from the south shore of the lake.

I think where you were is going to be the interesting spot tomorrow because that turning buoy is a bit close to the bank there and they will be turning into the breeze if it is the same as today

Just now, JLCrab said:

Well my vantage point is near the corner where there is plastic exercise equipment just across from the new BigC Mini.

I think that turn and running up that leg towards the top buoy is going to be interesting so I will probablt try and get around where the new pumping station is

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2018 at 12:51 PM, Russell17au said:

I know that it is hard to accept but some local Thai people do wear helmets but you also have the other thing mixed up, you are thinking about one of those things that have 2 wheels and carry 6 people and none of them wearing helmets.

Have a great day

I think he meant is a silly joke. :smile: