AirAsia still using 7/11 payment? Unable to locate.

chingmai331

Trying to book online AirAsia flight to Hong Kong from Chiang Mai and pay cash at 7/11, as i have done many times before but now not able to find the correct online button to choose this method of payment.

Possible that AirAsia has discontinued this service but i cannot contact them nor do they admit any change.  

Has anyone here used 7/11 to pay cash for air tix, very recently?

Thanks guys but, IMO, all your info is 'out-of-date' coz i see no such options today.

And RichCor, the 'usually' must refer to yesterday.

I'm  flying 26 March so hardly too late to pay.

Yeah, i could be wrong but no progress today.

Kinda angry at AA for the situation. 

Here's what i find now.  Policy at AA has changed and now for cash payment at 7/11 must sign in to Counter Service vendor prior to service.  And i found this is certainly not what AA wants you to do coz it's very difficult to locate this on the AA website and must read Thai to make any progress.  I ain't signing in so will find another method.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Hi sometimes its not available when the departure date is too close to the current date. I found that out the hard way.

correct. I couldn't give an exact time, but robblok is correct. If your booking time falls within 24-48 hrs at a guess, i think it wont be possible..

1 minute ago, chingmai331 said:

Thanks guys but, IMO, all your info is 'out-of-date' coz i see no such options today.

And RichCor, the 'usually' must refer to yesterday.

I'm  flying 26 March so hardly too late to pay.

Yeah, i could be wrong but no progress today.

Kinda angry at AA for the situation. 

Here's what i find now.  Policy at AA has changed and now for cash payment at 7/11 must sign in to Counter Service vendor prior to service.  And i found this is certainly not what AA wants you to do coz it's very difficult to locate this on the AA website and must read Thai to make any progress.  I ain't signing in so will find another method.

That's a surprise mate. It has happened to me a few times but it was due to being to close to departure date, and the missus said the same thing in regards to being to close to the date.

Good luck.

Just now, Chriss77 said:

That's a surprise mate. It has happened to me a few times but it was due to being to close to departure date, and the missus said the same thing in regards to being to close to the date.

Good luck.

Either that or use Thai Smile. Probably less chance of an unplanned "swim" mid flight !!

Sorry, that was uncalled for !!!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

I booked Air Asia flights yesterday through the App Traveloka and paid at 7/11. 

I just logged in to AA website with my account.

Then did an arbitrary booking for March 26.

Proceeded to the payment and see this:

aapay.jpg

Doesn't look that anything after that would stop me.

So I don't see the problem.

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Repeated with Chiang Mai - Hong Kong (26 March).

Same result as above. Counter payment on the menu.

...and you must select THB (Thailand Baht) as your CURRENCY when selecting your flight origination/destination in order to get the 'Over the Counter' payment option.

Just confirmed, same as KhunBENQ

image.png.c27a73b8e7ba9cc9dd53bfecbaf991a9.png

Edited by RichCor
add graphic

When i book, i see no such screen.  A list of 'how  to  pay' yes, but a different screen and no 7/11 option.  Could be my Macbook Pro, could be other factors. 

I choose Thai baht as currency so that's not the issue. And i'm in CM, eager to get out, during  smokey season and SongKran.

I'll need to go to the AirAsia shop near Tha Pae gate and spend a few more baht to get the job done.

I don't use smartphone only wired laptop, and never any App things.

Curious to be sure.

thnx all.

More news.  I tried CNX to Don Mueng and the 7/11 screen did pop up.  So Domestic works for me but no International.

And i sure the desktop web screens are different from the smartphone screens so maybe the geeks at AirAsia not up to speed to keep all platforms uniform. 

All sorted.  Used Google incognito and signed into AirAsia as guest.  All those payment option screens popped up and i chose 7/11.  

Now all paid, tix in hand.

Where's the problem?  Something to do with my machine, my login, their response....in fact i don't know why.

But now i know what to do in the future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

All sorted.  Used Google incognito and signed into AirAsia as guest.

Probably a browser cookie stated preference issue. 

So, do you now have AirAsia ads posted all over ThaiVisa??  I had to wipe cookies and history to get rid of them after doing the simulation ticket. Ugh!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2018 at 1:51 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I just logged in to AA website with my account.

Then did an arbitrary booking for March 26.

Proceeded to the payment and see this:

aapay.jpg

You booked domestic, but for international flights they don't accept it anymore.

9 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

You booked domestic, but for international flights they don't accept it anymore.

Wrong as I showed in the other thread.

Quite useless to mix up the two threads.

Please continue in your thread: