Westerner who claimed memory loss in Thai hospital arrested after it’s revealed he’s a wanted fraudster and thief

webfact

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

Well anybody who is surprised that there are many western scammers, con-artists or whatever in Thailand and the region must be sleeping 24 hours.

You can find them in every nook and cranny, property developers and agents, lawyers, selling stolen cars, folks who check into hotels then abscond without paying and steal the hotel fittings, and a further list as long as your arm.

Friend had a western couple rent a luxury property from him on Jomtien, they cleaned out the furniture and some 4 or 5 air-conditioners, washing machine, fridge, same day they had unhooked all the pool equipment and were in the process of putting it in a pick up when the agent who had rented the property took a prospective renter to a house nearby. Agent checked what was happening and was offered a bribe, but the agent called the cops and asked the western manager of the village complex to come. Thieves were apprehended, nearly everything recovered but damaged, Thieves were deported next day.

Later it was discovered that the western manager of the village was involved plus his western wife had stolen a large amount of funds paid by the house owners for annual village maintenance fees. 

The list goes on.

Given the above it surprises me, regularly, that we see so many complaints that it's difficult to get / renew visas etc. 

And which country were these "Westerners" from?

25 minutes ago, metisdead said:

The topic is not about the geographic location of Poland.  Posts discussing/bickeringing about the geographic location of Poland will be removed. 

'Western' describes much more that geography, as I describe above in hope to end this nonsense.

5 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

"So It's pretty much bullshit.  Hee hee hee. "   "Right now he is sleeping like a puppy and has no ideal the Cops are going to arrest him."

Priceless soundtrack, and I agree, pretty good conversational standard English.  I'll bet that guy (cop or whatever he is) never learned HIS English from a Polish fraudster in Isaan.   We could perhaps do with a few more of him.   Good work by his previous facebook "friends."   

As for this guy, lock him up and throw away the key for a year or five.  As with all deadbeats like this they should record his biometrics before eventual deportation so they can be held ready, as among the first profiles to go into the system when Thailand necessarily upgrades its immigration system with a modern biometrics feature.   They can then nail these deadbeats when they try to come back in a few years with a new or even their old passport again.  Unlike at the moment when they seem to just   "Walk ring in, and set right down."

Thanks Google.  I meant Walk RIGHT In  etc.  "Close but no cigar, " as Bill Clinton would have said.

That's odd he's from Poland but that tattoo on his arm is a United States Army 101st Airborne Division tattoo.  Did anyone else notice that?  

Actually the 101st still has the title "Airborne" but they haven't actually been Airborne since World War II, I never did understand that it's about their lineage or something from what I've heard.  That's just odd why some dude from Poland would get that tattoo, maybe he was claiming to have been a U.S. veteran.  Maybe he'll forget what happens in prison after the soap is dropped if he has memory loss.  

He should have known that he would've been identified pretty quick with biometrics screening especially after crossing international borders it's easy nowadays.  Maybe he really did suffer from memory loss either that or he's not that smart.  

On March 13, 2018 at 9:45 AM, sumrit said:

Surprising how he can't even remember his 'name or anything about himself' yet he can remember how to speak English, which isn't even his first language.

Actually I've had memory loss before from TBI and it's really weird.  I was still able to remember other languages that I know as well as the faces and names of friends and family but other things took a while to come back to me.  My wife had it as well after a horrible car accident and her memory was really strange what she could and couldn't remember.  

The human brain is a mystery although this guys probably full of shit, this guy is claiming total memory loss which is extremely rare.  Although normally it's not uncommon to remember things like other languages after suffering from memory loss and other skills.  There's a lot about the human brain that doctors still don't understand today.