New Buffet

eljeque

Royal Suites on Soi Buakhow 100 meters south of Central Road has a night buffet starting at 6:00PM which is well worth the money. If any of you have eaten at the Apex for 169, you will never go back. I would have expected a place this nice to cost approaching double this amount.

Royal Suites on Soi Buakhow 100 meters south of Central Road has a night buffet starting at 6:00PM which is well worth the money. If any of you have eaten at the Apex for 169, you will never go back. I would have expected a place this nice to cost approaching double this amount.

Thank Eljeque, we'll give it a go. I've had a look while driving past, but it helps to hear from someone who has tried it out.

I love my buffets too, thanks for the tip. If any of you guys like the 99 baht buffet styles I can put you on to a good one on Sukhumvit road. Massive Thai style outdoor restaurant with play ground for the kids if you got any, can be dinner for 2 or a whole family.

As your are going down Sukhumvit from Pattaya Tai it is the street on the left just before Pattaya Klang on the corner. They serve some cooked dishes and has a Japanese section. But the theme of the restaurant is the cook your own at the table on a BBQ. Prawns, squid, chicken etc available for BBQ, it gets pretty busy so it kind of speaks for itself.

Pork in some sauce. I don't eat pork.

Pork stir-fried in garlic and peppers.

Pork in another sauce.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti sauce

Beef in one sauce or another. I eat a lot of it.

Chicken in a light sauce. I have a few helpings.

Another chicken dish

Rice with something in it. I don't eat much rice.

White rice.

Cream of corn soup

Tom Yung Goong

Grilled shrimp. chicken and beef kebobs.

Garlic bread

Lot's of special salads: tuna, etc.

Lot's of standard salad material.

Fruit

tea and coffee are free

all other drinks are charged

water = 20 baht

lemonade = 60 baht

alcoholic drinkprices = ???? I don't drink.

Enjoy

I appreciate you mentioning the menu of this new buffet but in Apex's defense, I will say they've got a large mix of salads, rice, meats in various gravies and sauces, BBQ ribs, chicken, clams, squid, corn, and desserts. The water, coffee, and tea is also free.

There's something not appealing about Apex and Lek's environments so I avoid them.

All this typing about food and now I'm going to eat. Bye!

"i spend that in 1.5 days on food"

Then why are you even responding to the post? I am sure that many of the posters if not nearly all of them have spent more, even twice as much or more in one meal, and also less in one day. Your spending is not relevant here.

"I appreciate you mentioning the menu of this new buffet but in Apex's defense, I will say they've got a large mix of salads, rice, meats in various gravies and sauces, BBQ ribs, chicken, clams, squid, corn, and desserts. The water, coffee, and tea is also free."

My dinning buddy feels that the Apex does have a far greater selection of vegetables and also free excessively sweet juices--and prettier staff members.

Apex and Lek have the same owners.

New thread for another buffet coming right up-- Beefeater

Pork in some sauce. I don't eat pork.

Pork stir-fried in garlic and peppers.

Pork in another sauce.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti sauce

Beef in one sauce or another. I eat a lot of it.

Chicken in a light sauce. I have a few helpings.

Another chicken dish

Rice with something in it. I don't eat much rice.

White rice.

Cream of corn soup

Tom Yung Goong

Grilled shrimp. chicken and beef kebobs.

Garlic bread

Lot's of special salads: tuna, etc.

Lot's of standard salad material.

Fruit

tea and coffee are free

all other drinks are charged

water = 20 baht

lemonade = 60 baht

alcoholic drinkprices = ???? I don't drink.

Enjoy

It was a good lead. I had a meal there yesterday evening. I got in at 6pm and was the first one in (I like that at buffets...everything clean).

Very nice selection and nice setting. Very clean and good service i.e. empty plates were quickly whisked away.

Yesterday there was only one pork dish (I don't eat pork either). They had one beef dish, 2 chicken, and a tasty shrimp dish along with breaded fish.

The second rice dish is fried rice.

They had a really tasty creamy spinach soup.

There was a cold meat selection with rare to medium roast beef, half eggs topped with tuna, bacon wrapped mini-sausages and mussels.

They had plenty of beef and chicken ready to barbeque to order along with the beef and chicken kebabs (tender). There were also barbequed chicken wings.

Two people with one bottled water = 378 baht

Edited by tropo

• 2 years later...

The Buffet at the Royal Suites is not new. Graham from England owns the restaurant, and he also owns the Smugglers bar across the street. He suspended the Buffets during the low season, but I guess re opened it now. I have eaten their before, and unless he has made some serious changes, the food was not that good. The cheap breakfast buffets are OK, but the Dinner buffets are not good. To get a good dinner buffet you have to spend some serious money.

Barry