Assistance with Non Imm Guardian Visa Please

Can I ask the Forum's help with a Visa question for my wife? She has just been given a Visa as per attachment to stay in

Thailand, as our daughter is to go to school here. 

Despite requesting a One Year Visa, she - and my daughter - were only given 3 months each. She was told that if she goes to the Immigration

Dept in Bangkok, they can extend this up to one year for them both.

My questions are:

1. I have read that a Guardian Visa requires a deposit of B500,000 or similar. Will this have to be shown when she goes to Chaeng Wattana to

extend her Visa?  When she applied at the Thai Consulate in Yangon she had to show a similar sum in her account there, but the Consulate

were unable to tell her if this is sufficient for the Thailand side as well, or if indeed she has to show the B500,000 (or whatever amount it is)?

2. At what time should she/they go to Chaeng Wattana to apply for an extension up to one year?  Upon arrival in Thailand? Or towards the

expiry of the current Visa in June?

3. Since the number of entries is Single and not Multiple, I understand they will have to arrange a Re-Entry Permit. Should this be done shortly

after arrival, at Chaeng Wattana, or at Suvarnabhumi/Don Muang when they want to leave Thailand for a short trip after say one month?

Hope that the above makes sense and thank you in advance for your assistance!

tee visa blacked.jpg

1. She will have to show 500.000 when applying for the 1 year extension of stay, it's not a visa. 

2. Last 30 days of her permission of stay. 

3. During the one year extension of stay a re-entry permit must be bought, can be done at CW or at the airport. 

Single re-entry is 1000 baht, multiple 3800 baht. 

What kind of entry are you on, if you have extension of stay, she can apply as dependent without financial proof. 

1. She will need 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days when she applies for an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a child attending school.

Your daughter will need to be on an extension of stay based upon attending school when she applies.

2. Your wife and daughter can apply for their extensions at Chaeng Wattana immigration up to 45 days days before the 90 day entry from their visas.

3. If they want to travel during the 90 day entries from their visas they can get re-entry permits to keep the remainder the 90 days valid when they enter the country. They can apply for them at immigration or either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country.

Many thanks for both replies.

My own status is that I have a one year Non Imm B visa. Presumably that is not sufficient for my wife to apply as a dependent?

I could however possibly get a work permit. Would that make a difference?

Thanks again

11 minutes ago, Magdalen said:

Many thanks for both replies.

My own status is that I have a one year Non Imm B visa. Presumably that is not sufficient for my wife to apply as a dependent?

Thanks again

Both your wife and child could get 1 year non-O in Yangoon as your dependent without financial proof. 

This would mean they have to leave every 90 days so perhaps not convenient. 

10 minutes ago, Magdalen said:

You would need to be on a one year extension of stay for them to get extensions.

10 minutes ago, Magdalen said:

You would need it to apply for an extension of stay.

Sorry guys, can I just clarify one point?  I understand she will need to have B500,000 in her bank for 30 days. Is this 30 days prior to her arriving at 

Chaeng Wattana for her extension of stay? Or she is obliged to show Immigration her bank book with that B500,000 in her account and keep it

in her account for 30 days after her meeting at Chaeng Wattana?

1 hour ago, Magdalen said:

Sorry guys, can I just clarify one point?  I understand she will need to have B500,000 in her bank for 30 days. Is this 30 days prior to her arriving at 

Chaeng Wattana for her extension of stay? Or she is obliged to show Immigration her bank book with that B500,000 in her account and keep it

in her account for 30 days after her meeting at Chaeng Wattana?

Prior to the extension. 

Just now, Magdalen said:

I understand she will need to have B500,000 in her bank for 30 days. Is this 30 days prior to her arriving at 

Chaeng Wattana for her extension of stay?

That is what is required. It has to be in the bank on the day she applies for the extension.

After the extension is done she can whatever she wants with the 500k until 90 days before her next extension.