"Evil demon" Thai man makes apology after leaving 82 year old refuse collector for dead - but mum bailed him out before

webfact

"Evil demon" Thai man makes apology after leaving 82 year old refuse collector for dead - but mum bailed him out before

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A 21 year old Thai man has been arrested by Huay Khwang police for attacking an 82 year old refuse collector in the street in Din Daeng, Bangkok.

Jaroon Meephan was left for dead but is now thankfully recovering in hospital. He rides a motorcycle with makeshift side car in the area collecting trash for a meager living.

Despite the attacker's apologies and excuses it has emerged that he had assaulted a person before - a case that went quiet when his mother intervened to make it all go away.

The latest case received widespread attention when CCTV footage shared to popular site Mem Pho Dam showed the old man knocked out in the street.

In a video lasting several minutes people come and go and a cop arrives. There doesn't seem a great deal of urgency as the victim lies on the tarmac. It doesn't seem certain whether he is alive or dead.

Moments earlier Narathorn Suuiyang, 21, had kicked him to the ground after a collision. The old man had allegedly knocked the young man off his motorcycle and allegedly ridden off.

Comments by admin on Mem Pho Dam referred to the assailant as "dek prate" after evil demons said to inhabit the Thai underworld. It was said that the young man was on his mobile phone while riding.

Following an all day manhunt Wednesday after the Tuesday evening attack Huay Khwang police said they had their man in custody.

Narathorn said: "I was cross. He knocked me off and left me there without an apology. I wasn't on my phone.I was riding normally. He didn't even inquire as to my welfare.

"This angered me. So I chased him and attacked him. I will pay for everything. If I can I will go and apologize to "uncle" tomorrow. I can't sleep. It's a life lesson. I won't do it again".

But despite the excuses and expressions of regret they rang hollow. Thai Rath said that Narathorn had previously been suspected of assault - a case that had gone quiet after his mother intervened to keep it all hushed up.

Pol Capt Kamphon Ratanapratheep investigating for the Huay Khwang police thanked Mem Pho Dam for bringing the matter to a wide attention that helped in apprehending the suspect.

He said that the force had not been idle in investigating this serious case of assault and that the suspect would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-15

Those refuse collectors drive very dangerous tricycles, very slow with sharp stuff sticking out..they drive against traffic, without lights after dark...and don't care for anybody else on the roads.

I don't understand why they are allowed to bring all traffic in danger and cause congestion.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

He is a lying piece of trash.

On the TV today there was a video showing that he collided with the sidecar whilst playing with his phone.

I just saw the video on stickboys website, why didn't anybody help the old man back on his bike?

Yeah it was a dumb accident but the old guy also didn't stop when the motocy fell on the road.

These collectors shouldn't be on the road in a very busy city, and men from 82 shouldn't have to work at all..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, TVGerry said:

Yes in a perfect world, he would be on a beach sipping a cocktail. In the real world, these people have no choice but to collect rubbish for income. You think an 82 year old man likes working in the hot sun for a few baht? And getting beaten up by punks like this POS?

You never know the story in thailand, anything is possible....

But i see these guys almost every day and they don't seem to care for any trafficrule at all, even have no licenseplate while they are motocy's driving 30 on mainroads where cars go 60-100 and that's very dangerous. It's VERY busy in my area so these things shouldn't be on the roads at all.

Also he didn't even stop for the falling motocy so  i guess it's not a very nice person. And the neighbours also didn't want to touch him which also tells a lot.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, giddyup said:

Why did he need to stop? The young guy ran into him because he wasn't paying attention. The bike fell over, what was the old guy supposed to do? The young guy bears 100% liability, and he's a coward for attacking someone so old.

Oh i see, so you think it's normal to let a fallen motocy laying on the road after he drove into that stupid tricycle which even doesn't have double headlights to show how wide it is.

He could at least have helped the guy off the road but he didn't care.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Thian said:

I just saw the video on stickboys website, why didn't anybody help the old man back on his bike?

Yeah it was a dumb accident but the old guy also didn't stop when the motocy fell on the road.

These collectors shouldn't be on the road in a very busy city, and men from 82 shouldn't have to work at all..

Did you also notice in the video the old man could hardly even move his vehicle?

• Like 2

Just now, NewbieMe2018 said:

Did you also notice in the video the old man could hardly even move his vehicle?

that thing is broken, the pedals even don't go around. How can he be allowed on the road in BKK with that thing?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

How does he manage to ride into someone if he was looking where he was going? It was broad daylight. The bike fell over, it wasn't like a hit and run at 80 klm an hour, it was walking pace, and the only thing damaged was the young hoons pride, and he decided to take it out on a defenseless old man,  something you don't seem to see a problem with.

I think that tricycle has stomething sticking out of it which grabbed the exhaust of that pcx.

The old guy only looked to continue his way right after it and he drove that thing at the middle of the road but still on his lane.

Well this happens every day, i don't know who's fault it is..but i do know that it's dangerous to have crappy vehicles like that on the roads in BKK. I see those motorized refuse collectors driving along the most expensive new cars in BKK and still wonder what happens if he damages an expensive new benz....i reckon those guys have no insurance at all..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

'Comments by admin on Mem Pho Dam referred to the assailant as "dek prate" ...' Shouldn't it have read 'dek prat'? 

'Narathorn said: ... I was riding normally.' That being the Thai normal.

'Pol Capt Kamphon Ratanapratheep ... said that ... the suspect would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.' Lucky him. 

28 minutes ago, Thian said:

He wasn't on his phone as far as i could see, he was speeding a bit.

All other motorbike riders had both hands at the handlebar as it is essential on such a narrow Soi and driving at this speed.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

All other motorbike riders had both hands at the handlebar as it is essential on such a narrow Soi and driving at this speed.

At the end of the movie you see some cable hanging at the front of his tricycle, i guess that cable grabbed the motocy's exhaustpipecover or passengerfootstep which made him fall.

Edited by Thian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Thian said:

And the neighbours also didn't want to touch him which also tells a lot.

yeah about the cruelty of those bystanders. i bet if their mama died in front of them, they would also just stand around not lifting a finger to help or comfort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1