Feminism 2018

sanemax

IMO

1/ no one has a definition of feminism that applies in every situation. Women just make it up to suit themselves.

2/ It is indeed a supremacist movement, and they won that one already. Not only is it supremacist, but it has become political.

3/ The women that need support from feminists often don't get it. I don't see western feminists going to Bangladesh to demonstrate for women's rights in the sweat shops, or India to demonstrate for the prostitutes.

4/ Women are not a cohesive body, no matter what feminists claim.

Every time a woman walks up the red carpet with her boobs showing and no underwear, she makes a mockery of feminism, but no feminists ever go and demonstrate against them.

5/ even in female dominated careers like I used to work in, women will not help themselves by doing the hard yards and going on strike for better pay. They complain that they are underpaid in comparison to men that did the hard work involved to get more pay, and think they deserve more money, because they are women.

It's not, IMO, a "movement" at all, but it's not going away.

Sometimes I read articles written by feminists in The Guardian. Not that I like them but many of them are ridiculous. And the reader comments are often funny - if they allow comments at all.

In a recent article there was at the beginning a sentence like "And the next big fight for us feminists will be xyz". And I guess that is really the point. They need something to fight against. If the world would be like they want it they wouldn't be happy. They would just look for something else to fight against. And something else again. It seems many feminists need this "the word would be fine if only xyz". It will never be fine for them because they couldn't accept that.

This does not mean that I am against equal rights for women. I think they should have EQUAL rights, not better rights than anybody else. And mostly they have already these equal rights. And they should accept that there is a large difference between accusing people and guilty people. But it seem that does not really matter for many of them, they just need something to fight...

A few feminists were reported some years ago as saying something along the lines of "we won the first phase, now we need to train men to be better child carers"

While I still support equality in work conditions and equal pay for equal work, that lost any support I still had for the feminist movement.

While some fathers need help to be better fathers, that's nothing to do with feminism.

I remember once holding a door open for a lady... out of politeness.  She had a go at me for being sexist and was angry I opened the door for her!!!  Thing is, I would have done that for a man, woman or child.. but she could not understand that.

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I remember once holding a door open for a lady... out of politeness.  She had a go at me for being sexist and was angry I opened the door for her!!!  Thing is, I would have done that for a man, woman or child.. but she could not understand that.

I am sure she would also have complained if you wouldn't have done that. It seems feminists live for complaining and fighting. It does not really matter what they complain or fight about. They will always finds some reason to do that.

3 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

The day she'll need real help she'll not be angry, i guarantee.

I know some woman who will take kindness for weakness and try to manipulate and exploit..

.. eventually they will get a grip, everybody does .

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It seems that many minority groups have all joined forces (to now be in the majority , combined) and they all have one common enemy, which is the straight white man .

Well, not that every man, even a straight white man, is always right.

Many of those feminists have been, at some time, victims of abuses, the funny thing is that they then declare war to the entire male gender.

It's more or less the same thing which happen to men who hate all the women.

23 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

No point trying to reason with a feminist. They are just perpetually angry and looking for an excuse to have a go at any passing male.

I don't personally know any like that, but I'm hopin' to meet one sometime.

23 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Many of those feminists have been, at some time, victims of abuses, the funny thing is that they then declare war to the entire male gender.

It's more or less the same thing which happen to men who hate all the women.

That would work even if you substituted woman for man, men for feminists, female for male, women for men and men for women.

23 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

What do you mean "not always right" .

There are some minorities who feel that straight white men are always wrong about EVERYTHING , and there seems to be numerous minority people who feel that if you disagree with what they say , its because you dont like which ever minority they belong to :

"I disagree with your viewpoint"

"Thats because you have woman, isnt it "

19 hours ago, The manic said:

http://intersectionalfeminism101.tumblr.com/faq/

If this link is allowed it's shows how complicated itscall become.

I had to force myself to read it after the first paragraph, but I did so in the interests of understanding the enemy. They certainly consider me, as a white male, to be the enemy.

Nothing more than a great whinge fest by a group of entitled, spoiled cry babies, that refuse to acknowledge that many men sacrificed themselves for their wives and families.

Men are just as oppressed by the machine, but they refuse to understand that.

All men were born of women, and on the whole, mothers brought up their sons. That they can't bring up men that treat women better, is primarily a monumental failing of women.

What is feminism?

Feminism is a broad collection of movements that recognises that women are oppressed, which means they are granted less power, social capital, material goods, and/or freedom than men.

Really? In my life, I've been oppressed and exploited by women far more than by men. Almost every woman I know/ have known has a better material life than I, and some at my expense.

Even the never been married young mothers did better than me. They had a better house, car and lifestyle courtesy of the taxpayer, and all because they didn't use contraception. Meanwhile I was working like a dog ( treated like one too ) to earn a living.

Feminism is a response to this oppression that aims to provide women with liberation or equality.

By whinging incessantly, and without facing reality. It must be nice to be able to live in a bubble where you are always right and the "other" is always wrong.

There are many, many different feminisms, which have different theories about the causes and solutions of the aforementioned disparity.

Like I said, they make it up to suit themselves.

Having read the link about feminism, and observing western women over many years, I have to wonder how bad it gets before western men just reject marriage altogether.

I mean, being a lifelong bachelor would have to be a better option than marrying one of those strident, man hating feminists, wouldn't it?

In Japan, I believe marriage is becoming the exception, rather than the norm, or perhaps I'm being premature.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I had to force myself to read it after the first paragraph, but I did so in the interests of understanding the enemy. They certainly consider me, as a white male, to be the enemy.

Nothing more than a great whinge fest by a group of entitled, spoiled cry babies, that refuse to acknowledge that many men sacrificed themselves for their wives and families.

Men are just as oppressed by the machine, but they refuse to understand that.

All men were born of women, and on the whole, mothers brought up their sons. That they can't bring up men that treat women better, is primarily a monumental failing of women.

What is feminism?

Feminism is a broad collection of movements that recognises that women are oppressed, which means they are granted less power, social capital, material goods, and/or freedom than men.

Really? In my life, I've been oppressed and exploited by women far more than by men. Almost every woman I know/ have known has a better material life than I, and some at my expense.

Even the never been married young mothers did better than me. They had a better house, car and lifestyle courtesy of the taxpayer, and all because they didn't use contraception. Meanwhile I was working like a dog ( treated like one too ) to earn a living.

Feminism is a response to this oppression that aims to provide women with liberation or equality.

By whinging incessantly, and without facing reality. It must be nice to be able to live in a bubble where you are always right and the "other" is always wrong.

There are many, many different feminisms, which have different theories about the causes and solutions of the aforementioned disparity.

Like I said, they make it up to suit themselves.

Intersectional is what caught my attention.  I suspect it's meaningless

On 3/17/2018 at 2:44 PM, jak2002003 said:

Same thing happened to me even though she was using both hands and arms to carry a pile of books.  She spat out an insult and, said: What do you think I am? A f*****g cripple?  1980.

16 hours ago, The manic said:

Same thing happened to me even though she was using both hands and arms to carry a pile of books.  She spat out an insult and, said: What do you think I am? A f*****g cripple?  1980.

If you happen to see her again, give her a subtle kick in the shin:coffee1:

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:10 PM, The manic said:

Intersectional is what caught my attention.  I suspect it's meaningless

Indeed. What made me laugh was the claim that only black women can use it.

I just can't imagine any man marrying one of those creatures, so I wonder if they hide it till the legalities are completed. A sort of long con.

I've been noticing on American movies that the women are openly nasty to their significant men, so ( while movies are not real life, they reflect real life ) men in the US must be accustomed to being treated like <deleted> by women.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, The manic said:

When women started bleating on about equality, I took them at their word and stopped treating them differently to men.

However, I will open doors for women I know.

On 3/23/2018 at 12:11 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

When women started bleating on about equality, I took them at their word and stopped treating them differently to men.

However, I will open doors for women I know.

You mean you started treating them as equals... Like men. 

In direct response to the OP i believe that Feminism has become a destructive movement which has left both women and men in a significant position of  uncertainity about life direction. The movement is unnecessary now in the Western world. Not to be overlooked though that a lot of younger men in the Western world will also identify themselves as Feminist.

Perhaps though the simple concept of equality (which i fully support) is causing a greater problem than Feminism. Countries which are very progressive in shared child care etc also have the highest divorce rates so something isn't working.

The way to combat feminism is to go full MGToW.

MGToW means no longer supporting women, you don't marry them, you don't give them money either directly or indirectly.

So you must no longer make a net contribution to your government, who just hands women the money you pay.

You don't protect or defend them, if you see a woman in trouble, walk on by ...... it's what they are asking for.

Don't change their tires, don't unblock their drains, don't hold doors open for them.

Never be their free child care.

Only a complete disengagement can win the feminist war on white men.

On 3/21/2018 at 8:03 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Having read the link about feminism, and observing western women over many years, I have to wonder how bad it gets before western men just reject marriage altogether.

I mean, being a lifelong bachelor would have to be a better option than marrying one of those strident, man hating feminists, wouldn't it?

In Japan, I believe marriage is becoming the exception, rather than the norm, or perhaps I'm being premature.

As far as i can see there are no benefits atall for a man to marry! 

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, DonnyT said:

The way to combat feminism is to go full MGToW.

MGToW means no longer supporting women, you don't marry them, you don't give them money either directly or indirectly.

So you must no longer make a net contribution to your government, who just hands women the money you pay.

You don't protect or defend them, if you see a woman in trouble, walk on by ...... it's what they are asking for.

Don't change their tires, don't unblock their drains, don't hold doors open for them.

Never be their free child care.

Only a complete disengagement can win the feminist war on white men.

No argument, but men will always pay the piper to get sex when they are young, so the merry go round will continue.

However, it's a bit hard to not pay the government, when one has to work to live, and it's taxed.

Where your theory falls down though, is that I would change tyres, or unblock drains for anyone I knew of either gender. I can avoid women I don't know, but I liked my female friends, even if it would never progress past "friendship".

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, Gruff said:

As far as i can see there are no benefits atall for a man to marry! 

True, but my government solved the "problem", by making living together the same as being married, so married or not, men must pay. I doubt most men do not with to have any sort of relationship with women.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I doubt most men do not with to have any sort of relationship with women.

Save your money for Asian holidays.

You'll probably have more sex on holiday for 2 weeks in Thailand, than you would in 52 weeks with a British/USA girlfriend.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, DonnyT said:

Save your money for Asian holidays.

You'll probably have more sex on holiday for 2 weeks in Thailand, than you would in 52 weeks with a British/USA girlfriend.

LOL

Why else do you think I made LOS my holiday destination for the many, many years after I discovered it, before retiring here?

Archived