This is awesome: Who wants some ice cream?

Thai food show for several years now. Very popular on the beaches. Its for the Western crowd. But its nothing to do with cold stone. Its not even ice cream, but its a cold concoction made with some milk and liquid nitrogen cooling the "grill".

I think its quite clever, but it did not look nice enough nor were people raving enough about it to justify a buy... You could see the ice crystals. A big no no in a good ice cream. Besides I only like chocolate....

Much better one is in Bangkok, central lad prao on the first floor. These people were one of the first to do it. They make it with a flavoring (caramel, mint, etc.) or fresh fruit and fresh cream, nothing unnatural used at all. They don’t flatter it out and scrape it, they simply mix it around and put it in a cup just as swensens or other ice cream parlors do. This way, shown in the video, you have a thin roll of ice cream which doesn’t really taste like ice cream should taste like. I tried it this way before but it was nothing like I describe of the original one (above).

Archived