Police hero helps save Russian tourist in Pattaya beach drama

snoop1130

41 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Hero it makes me feel so safe now 

But it was not police there safe this man's life is was the member of public why we not hear his name as a hero 

Because it may have been an alien and they are not allowed be skilled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Lifeguards "office" at the bottom of Soi 6 is usually manned by people who seem to be otherwise occupied and I don't ever see them on patrol. 

There are people permanently based along the beach who could and should be trained to do CPR: the massage ladies. Isn't CPR a similar skill to massage? Now that most of them are decked out in dayglo yellow jackets, they are easy to locate.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JSixpack said:

We all know this story was concocted for good press after . . . ah, what was it again?

Not long ago there was a plan to have defibrillator paddles available in numerous places in touristy areas about Pattaya so that if someone suffered a heart stoppage,  s/he could be resuscitated by any passerby who had watched an episode of ER and who fantasized himself to be a hero-in-waiting.

Thankfully that idea fizzled out or numerous inebriated tourists passed out on the beach or fallen off a bar stool would travel back home with arrhythmia as a souvenir of their holiday in Thailand.

defrib.jpg.5e50c645f5fc15124f90caf48c2a6028.jpg

15 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

not even sand on his clothes. You would think he would have had to kneel in the sand huh

May I add to your observation of "not even sand on his clothes". It appears that before  jumping into rescue mode he had time to neatly roll up his trouser bottoms. I am impressed with the trouser bottom creases, worthy of a police officer photo shoot.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sealbash said:

Sooner or later TVF members will need to acknowledge the fact there are also good people in Thailand Well done to this policeman.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On the contrary I was impressed how quickly the TVF members saw right through this charade. TVF members showed a healthy amount cynicism based on accurate observations and prior experience.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, riverhigh said:

May I add to your observation of "not even sand on his clothes". It appears that before  jumping into rescue mode he had time to neatly roll up his trouser bottoms. I am impressed with the trouser bottom creases, worthy of a police officer photo shoot.

I think you will find this video useful on how to blouse your boots/trousers:  :smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riverhigh said:

How can trousers that are so tight have creases.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1