First Visa extension at Map Tha Phut immigation Rayong

I am on an O-A visa, next month I am going to be doing my first extension of stay, Will be doing the American Embassy letter for funds,  Anyone done a recent extension in Rayong that can let me know what to expect.

9 hours ago, overherebc said:

Do you mean your first 90 day report?

Or are you near the end of the two years on the O-A?

End of two years, have done all of my 90 day reports here and have TM 30 in passport

My experience of that office is entirely benign. It's not a big place, and there are often a lot of people milling about, but they are fairly efficient and play by the rules. You don't say whether your application is for marriage or retirement. The latter is very simple, especially if you download the form beforehand and copy all the pages of your passport with recent Thai stamps. There's a table inside the front door where they'll give you the forms to sign about the penalties for overstaying (if you haven't already done that) and give you a number. Thereafter you could be done and walking out within twenty minutes.

If you're going for a marriage extension, the paperwork required is considerably more and they will do a home visit and talk to your neighbours, if the experience of a friend is anything to go by. As already stated, if you're going that route it would do no harm to go round there beforehand with your missis and ask them exactly what they want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

My experience of that office is entirely benign. It's not a big place, and there are often a lot of people milling about, but they are fairly efficient and play by the rules. You don't say whether your application is for marriage or retirement. The latter is very simple, especially if you download the form beforehand and copy all the pages of your passport with recent Thai stamps. There's a table inside the front door where they'll give you the forms to sign about the penalties for overstaying (if you haven't already done that) and give you a number. Thereafter you could be done and walking out within twenty minutes.

If you're going for a marriage extension, the paperwork required is considerably more and they will do a home visit and talk to your neighbours, if the experience of a friend is anything to go by. As already stated, if you're going that route it would do no harm to go round there beforehand with your missis and ask them exactly what they want.

Thank you for the response, will be doing a retirement extension, have yellow book for house, will get letter from American Embassy next week, have photo, TM7and 47 going to try and hook them up together would it be a good idea to also bring updated passbooks even though I am using the letter?

5 minutes ago, flexomike said:

would it be a good idea to also bring updated passbooks even though I am using the letter?

One of your countrymen might be better qualified to pronounce on that, but I found that they have always been satisfied with the British Embassy letter on its own - but we have to produce documentary evidence of our income to the Embassy.

P.S. If you're already registered with a TM30, you probably won't need your yellow book either. I've never had to produce actual evidence of address.

Edited by Eff1n2ret
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Thank you for the response, will be doing a retirement extension, have yellow book for house, will get letter from American Embassy next week, have photo, TM7and 47 going to try and hook them up together would it be a good idea to also bring updated passbooks even though I am using the letter?

I'm trying to figure out why you found my last post 'funny'

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I'm trying to figure out why you found my last post 'funny'

sorry not sure about what I found funny,  the smilly face is because I like your post, and I am now a happy camper, thank you again for your help

1 hour ago, flexomike said:

TM7and 47 going to try and hook them up together

You might well find that, since this is your first extension, they will hand you a 90-day TM47 for completion in any event. That was certainly the case when I applied for my first retirement extension there in 2010.

I have also never been asked for any proof of address ever since my wife finally got round to completing a TM30 as my housemaster. And before that they were quite happy to accept her blue tabien bahn as the necessary evidence - although, perhaps surprisingly, they never asked us for our wedding certificate as well to enable them to join up the dots.

On timing, I suspect that the earlier you get there the better. I applied for my latest retirement extension last July and walked into a virtually empty office just before 10.00 - although the weather that day might well have had something to do with it (we drove through an almightly downpour just off the turnoff from Highway 36 to rejoin Highway 3 to the west of Maptaput town centre).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

You might well find that, since this is your first extension, they will hand you a 90-day TM47 for completion in any event. That was certainly the case when I applied for my first retirement extension there in 2010.

I have also never been asked for any proof of address ever since my wife finally got round to completing a TM30 as my housemaster. And before that they were quite happy to accept her blue tabien bahn as the necessary evidence - although, perhaps surprisingly, they never asked us for our wedding certificate as well to enable them to join up the dots.

On timing, I suspect that the earlier you get there the better. I applied for my latest retirement extension last July and walked into a virtually empty office just before 10.00 - although the weather that day might well have had something to do with it (we drove through an almightly downpour just off the turnoff from Highway 36 to rejoin Highway 3 to the west of Maptaput town centre).

Thanks for the response, I am hoping for an uneventful visit, they have been pretty good to me on my 90 day reports usually in and out in less than ten minutes. Just wish it was closer, but once every 90 days is not that big of a deal.