Nutritionist

p1p

I am looking for a qualified nutritionist, with knowledge of both Eastern and Western cuisine, to do a report in Chiang Mai.

Do you, perchance have the qualifications and/or experience, or do you know anybody who does? If so, please PM or email me.

I am looking for a qualified nutritionist, with knowledge of both Eastern and Western cuisine, to do a report in Chiang Mai.

Do you, perchance have the qualifications and/or experience, or do you know anybody who does? If so, please PM or email me.

There is the German doctor who runs the Health clinic/resort at Tao Garden resort. 20 km toward Chiang Rai on Doi Saket road.

He can do a few different techniques to see if your deficient in certain areas and fine tune what your doing. Hair sample to a lab in Singapore which can determine issues. Different blood analysis. His name is Dr. Eddy Betterman.

Really depends on what your trying to accomplish. Dr Wang the Accupunture doctor (chinese pharmacy near Wororot market) or Chinese medicine clinic Mungkala in the old city will make dietary suggestions to balance your energies. Yin/Yang meridian balance etc.

Here are some links

http://www.tao-garden.com/integrative_v1.php

http://www.dreddyclinic.com/

MCCORMICK HOSPITAL, Kaew Nawarat Rd. Acupuncture treatments afternoons. Ask for Dr. Petchara Lohwitaya, Tel. 241107

MUNGKALA, 21 Ratchamanka, 50000 Chiang Mai, tel. (053) 27.84.94, 20.84.32 Traditional Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs. Treatments by Khun Rungrat and Khun Sudhisak, a couple of Chinese Doctors and Pharmacists who speak fluent English.

PROCYNERGY CO, 120/51 Palm Springs Place, Chiang Mai 50000, tel./fax (053) 241.249 Julia is a Health Consultant and offers sevices in Naturopathy, Homeopathy, Colon Hygiene, Chi-kung and Taoist meditation

Try Cory at http://www.asianhealingartscenter.com/index.html if she cant help you she will know who can. A truly amazing lady with a heart of gold.

• 2 years later...

Hi Khun p1p,

You may wish to clarify if you are looking for a dietician or a nutritionist as these terms can have different meanings in different countries. In the US "Dietitian" is a legally protected term and you must be accredited by the American Dietitic Association to use it : in the US the term "Nutritionist" is regulated in some states, but not in others :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritionist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietitian

And you may wish to clarify if you looking for someone with a "western scientific" approach and training (and some form of legally recognized accreditation such as that provided through the American Dietitic Association) as opposed to whatever.

Unfortunately Thailand is infested with "alternative healers" (expat and Thai) who promote themselves in ways they could never get away with in more regulated environments, like the US and Europe, who glibly award themselves titles and degrees, and make free use of the term "doctor." A good rule of thumb, I think, is : if you look on a web-site purporting to provide health or medical services, and you can't find a clear statement of the practitioner's background and training in two minutes : move on. And take the trouble to verify if the practitioner is currently accredited by some formal group. Responsible health professionals are required to maintain continuing education, and will be happy to give you evidence of same, and will not respond defensively if you ask where they were educated, what their degrees are. Let the buyer beware.

to your health, ~o:37;

... snip ... Main argument is that each one of us has genes that have been devloped throughout the ages to process certain foods, and those are the foods that we should be eating. I.E. I am of Scottish heritage, so, should be eating a diet of keltic origin ... snip ...

Hi, Khun Vibe,

What if your ancestors feasted often on human flesh ?

~o:37;

... snip ... You are answering a thread from 2007 ... snip ...

Hi Khun Ulysses,

You know, I tried living in the future, but found it really confusing, and living in the present has never worked for me, so, yeah, I guess I am living in the past right now :o

Your faithful dog, Argos, is still waiting for you to come home.

~o:37;

Orang 58 you make a couple good points.

Cannibals must fret tradition all the time 'The youth today have no respect for the old ways.'

As for eating per ethnicity, what's a luk kreung to eat ? Scotch-Thai: pickled fish and cabbage, then what ? How about a French-Japanese-Welsh blend ? Confusion is sure to abound. Today many many of us are mixed.

Orang - I hope this note finds you in the future in good health, though it shall be past the time that I wrote it.