Trump lawyer seeks $20 million damages from Stormy Daniels - filing

rooster59

I spoke with a friend who is an attorney about this.   He is of the opinion that the NDA would hold up in court.   The basic tenet is to keep her quiet, so Trump's signature would not be crucial, since his part is minor.   The agreement is that she will not disclose information.   If she signed it, it could be binding.

The bigger issue, according to my friend, is that if Trump, or his attorney, broke the agreement, in which case it would not longer be enforceable.   

21 hours ago, Credo said:

If she signed it, it could be binding.

21 hours ago, Credo said:

Trump's signature would not be crucial, since his part is minor. 

That took a long time to figure out, and you don't need to be an attorney for that.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

That took a long time to figure out, and you don't need to be an attorney for that.

Well, it is one of the contentions being made by Ms. Daniel's attorney.   According to my lawyer friend, it depends a lot on the court where it is heard.   Some courts will give greater credence to issues than others.   

And more ... :post-4641-1156694572:

Judge won’t throw out ‘Apprentice’ contestant’s lawsuit against Trump

Nation Mar 20, 2018 3:37 PM EDT

NEW YORK — Saying no one is above the law, a New York state judge refused to toss out a defamation lawsuit against President Donald Trump by a former contestant on “The Apprentice.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/judge-wont-throw-out-apprentice-contestants-lawsuit-against-trump

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The big takeaway for me is that Donald Trump has to pay a helluva lot more to get laid than almost anyone else. That, and that he is an adulterous cad. I would be thrilled if that was the threshold we could apply for the removal of politicians. We'll have us about 500 special elections to refill Congress afterwards.

• Haha 1

Stormy Daniels Passed Polygraph Test About Alleged Trump Affair: Report

Stephanie Clifford, aka Stormy Daniels, passed a 2011 polygraph test in which she said she had unprotected sex with Donald Trump.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the adult film actress took the test seven years ago when she was attempting to sell her story for $15,000 to Bauer Publishing, the company behind magazines like Life & Style and In Touch Weekly. Though Bauer Publishing did not run the story about Clifford and Trump at the time, In Touch published the interview with her in January. Trump has denied the affair ever happened.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stormy-daniels-passed-polygraph-test-203804171.html

50 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

You mean she didn’t have earplugs on and had to listen to his incessant BS while being boned? In a way, we are all Stormy Daniels, except that some are enjoying it, while others, not.

Yeah, he's really too much. We've now tried having a bizarre reality t.v. "star" as president. Been there, done that. Make it go away!