Looking into plate removal operation

Jm1g

I had a plate inserted into N my arm around 4 years ago and I would like to speak to a orthopaedic surgeon for advice with regards to possibly getting it removed.

I am currently in Bangkok.

So how do I go about booking a consultation? Is it just a case of walking into a hospital and requesting this? 

Also what is the likely cost of the OP? I have bupa insurance provided by a school. Is this likely to cover any of the cost?

any info appreciated.

You can make a direct appointment with an ortho, by phone, online or in person.

Your insurance is unlikely to pay for elective removal, only if there was a medical problem requiring it.

Cost will vary greatly by hospital. While government hospitals are the least expensive it might prove difficult to arrange for something like this at one.  At a private hospital, my rough guess depending on hospital is anywhere from 100 - 250K.

Since you will likely have to pay for this yourself I suggest St Louis Hospital. Unfortunately their website is only in Thai so you will have to call to request appointment. These are some good US trained orthos there, but you'll need to re-verify the times as the info is old

Dr. Gof Tantisricharoenkul (Mondays only 4 - 8PM)

Dr. Pobe Luangjarmekorn (Saturdays only, 1 -4 PM)

Dr. Prachan Banlhasuek (Thursdays only 10-12)

Dr. Arak Limtrakul (Sundats 12-3 PM and Tuesdays 4:30-8PM)

Assoc. Prof. Pongsak Yuktanandana (Sundays 4-7PM and Thursdays 6-8 PM)

http://www.saintlouis.or.th/index

• Like 1