Australian bar owner in Pattaya beaten unconscious

webfact

5 hours ago, soistalker said:

Australians are all a little bit nuts, right? I've never met a normal Australian. I had an Aussie try to pick a fight with me in a pattaya bar years back because I thought AC/DC were an English band.

I think you will have better luck meeting normal Australians  if you don't hang around places where alcoholic beverages are sold.  As a group   I have always thought the Aussies a pretty decent bunch.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

I think you will have better luck meeting normal Australians  if you don't hang around places where alcoholic beverages are sold.  As a group   I have always thought the Aussies a pretty decent bunch.

I've met plenty of "normal Aussies". Just don't live at the Quality Resort.

16 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

Not many of them he won't. :smile:

Actually I agree with you fully. Easy going, no worries types, always enjoy their company.

On 3/20/2018 at 9:27 AM, lanista said:

I'm also an Australian and i have no sympathy for this guy whether he is innocent or not.  Why is he running a beer bar and going out drinking again in  gogo bars?  I doubt if the embassy will be racing down the highway to assist him. He's working illegally in Thailand as a pimp collecting bar fines from his bar hookers.

As a Thai man is involved it sounds like he might of been poaching girls from other bars which would explain the bashing and threats of more to come.

Thai bar owners bring girls from their own village or province. May even be related to them, Girls will make more in farang bars because they keep all or most of the boom boom money. Not so with Thai  bar pimps.

Thanks for that insight mate...............:thumbsup:

Often wondered how it works in Thailand. Rather, Pattaya.

On 20/3/2561 at 9:27 AM, lanista said:

I'm also an Australian and i have no sympathy for this guy whether he is innocent or not.  Why is he running a beer bar and going out drinking again in  gogo bars?  I doubt if the embassy will be racing down the highway to assist him. He's working illegally in Thailand as a pimp collecting bar fines from his bar hookers.

As a Thai man is involved it sounds like he might of been poaching girls from other bars which would explain the bashing and threats of more to come.

Thai bar owners bring girls from their own village or province. May even be related to them, Girls will make more in farang bars because they keep all or most of the boom boom money. Not so with Thai  bar pimps.

You assume an awful lot.

4 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

i try to get on with most australians but there are a few idiot ones i had a few scrapes with 1 or 2 and it was not my fault , acting like he was crocodile dundee wrestling with crocs until i gave him something too big to swallow my fist ha ha LOL 

Being drunk in charge of a mouth isn't the sole right of Brits, even though it may appear so in that area!

On 3/19/2018 at 9:27 PM, lanista said:

No sympathy for him, even if he is innocent?

Why can't he own a beer bar and go out drinking again in gogo bars?  Up to him...would you prefer he stays in his bar 24/7?

He's working illegally in Thailand...?  Many farangs legally own bars but leave the actual 'work' to their TGF or wife and staff because they don't have work permits...he may well have one, but irregardless, do you have any evidence to back up your definitive and defamatory claim that he's working illegally?

...as a pimp collecting bar fines from his bar hookers?  I'm guessing you don't approve of bar girls, the bar owners who employ them or the concept of bar fines...up to you, but rather inflammatory to call him a pimp IMHO.

On 3/19/2018 at 7:00 PM, Kadilo said:

Tip from another old fart.......don't believe all you read from other farts who never go out after dark. 

It really isn't the Wild West out there!

I've always been an early to rise early to bed "daytripper"  I have more than my share of fun before the sun goes down outside.  As a younger guy  anything went...

Some flames have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

20 hours ago, joeyg said:

It looks like the Chinese think so...

You have to remember where they come from .  Of course Pattaya is a world class resort compared to.....

This is how an apartment block look like in Guangzhou . 

guangzhou-china-apartments-side-street.j

39 minutes ago, balo said:

You have to remember where they come from .  Of course Pattaya is a world class resort compared to.....

This is how an apartment block look like in Guangzhou . 

guangzhou-china-apartments-side-street.j

I've been to China a couple times over the years. No desire to go back...

• 2 months later...
On 3/19/2018 at 2:01 PM, marquis22 said:

He is not from across the Tasman is he .. aahhh

LOL> It was all the British that immigrated to NZ that were into sheep. They brought them over to breed. They wanted to feel right at home.

Couple of items.

He was  "beaten unconscious" but he exited the bar on his own.    And while doing so he was easily Identifiable.

Some how and for some reason the editor  decided to pixelate the owner once he was outside.  

Did that accomplish anything since he was fully filmed while exiting his bar?

Archived