International Flora Show

jypa33

I'd like to see the Night Safari scrapped and have the Chiang Mai Zoo and a botanical garden moved to the Royal Flora/Night Safri site. then make the current zoo land into a park and available for CMU expansion.

That is a good idea and consequently will not be adopted. They would have to admit they got it wrong and that the Night Safari was an illconceived waste of money and that the animals have died due to mismanagement. They would then have the opportunity to make good sized pens for the animals and then relocate them to the Botanical Garden/Zoo which by implication means that the expansion of the pens in the current zoo is still wrong and they have very little idea what they are doing there. It will also mean they don't have to run the Cable Car up the mountain so the money they spend on buying up titles on national park land will be wasted and they can't sell for large profit.

CB

Edited by Crow Boy

I'd like to see the Night Safari scrapped and have the Chiang Mai Zoo and a botanical garden moved to the Royal Flora/Night Safri site. then make the current zoo land into a park and available for CMU expansion.

That is a good idea and consequently will not be adopted. They would have to admit they got it wrong and that the Night Safari was an illconceived waste of money and that the animals have died due to mismanagement. They would then have the opportunity to make good sized pens for the animals and then relocate them to the Botanical Garden/Zoo which by implication means that the expansion of the pens in the current zoo is still wrong and they have very little idea what they are doing there. It will also mean they don't have to run the Cable Car up the mountain so the money they spend on buying up titles on national park land will be wasted and they can't sell for large profit.

CB

Yeah, I know. Just a thought I had rattling around.

Hmmmm..... I think CMU already has plenty of space available for any conceivable expansion.. In total area this could be the largest university in Thailand and among the largest in the world. There's plenty of space to construct some really big buildings if needed. (Some of the smaller, older buildings could be removed if needed)

Furthermore, the Chiang Mai Zoo land is very hilly, and also large enough for expansion. I see little reason to move it. I mean we all agree that the Night Safari is a huge mistake, but why throw more money at it moving a long established zoo that's in an appropriate place.. for what reason?

With the Night Safari land already developed I'd much rather give it a new function, or just additional functions with which the Royal Flora Park would naturally blend into.

None of that is particularly urgent though, I wouldn;t make the mistake of throwing more money at it just because the current thing is failing; wait until you need a lot of land for something you actually need as a town, then go build it there. For example, Chiang Mai does not need a conference center at the moment, but perhaps in another 10-20 years it does.

Ah heck, ok I'll say it: Move all the animals to Chiang Mai zoo, rip all the structures out and build a Formula 1 circuit. :o

Edited by chanchao

They would have to admit they got it wrong and that the Night Safari was an illconceived waste of money and that the animals have died due to mismanagement.

That's not that hard as this is actually one thing that's COMPLETELY Thaksin / TRT's fault. And that ludicrous muppet of a director Ploddyplop, or whatever.