New low for TV? Auto redirect to commercial site

Docno

TV has done some sneaky things in the past, like disguising commercial links as if they are forum items, but I thought that practice had been laid to rest. Then today something even more annoying happened. The first forum item listed in the email newsletter was titled "get more from life from these simple concepts". Yes, it was indicated to be a forum item. That means an item on the TV site and one that can usually be discussed unless the topic is sensitive. So I clicked on it, and after a long wait, I ended up on some blog/vlog site, "Dan about Thailand". I thought maybe I had accidently clicked a second time on some ad on the TV page (since it was clearly a money-making site) when not paying attention, so I tried again from the email link. Ended back on the commercial site. You can see that the link initially goes to TV then automatically redirects to the blog. This is more than annoying - it is deceptive. This is the worst example yet of disguising an ad as a forum item. Why do you do this? I suspect most people, like myself, will be so annoying at the sneaky redirect they will intentionally not read the blog. I certainly won't. Anyway, for those of you who did have this experience, the link from the email is below. WARNING - it looks like a link to ThaiVisa but will take you to an external commercial site... 

https://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/WzwDQpsE892j0SgwD3RrdkIA/BTJGe2eVix8r4ai763KfbeJg/LYZjTs7VE8vG7TJTfmA892yw

Archived