Video: Foreign tourist brutally attacked by Walking Street thugs

webfact

27 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Thailand is devolving into an anarchy where Thais can cheat, hurt, and steal without getting caught.

like monkeys in the jungle.

Nope. Thais are getting caught and the news reports it daily. Enough with the hysteria; we've heard it all before.

We could also do w/o the racial overtones.

Edited by JSixpack

I would have loved to see the fight goes on after the foreigner went back in his legs.... My best guess is that the 2 Thai guys would have their asses kicked.

Now I have no idea why the fight started for and who is right or wrong 

5 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Not when its a American soldier they cant

The American soldier clearly wasn't having any of it. For most tourists, they aren't prepared to get into a fight, and they shouldn't be: they're on vacation. 

But take my word for it, don't turn your attention away from an angry Thai man...you'll regret it. And any confrontation with a Thai man will include all Thai men joining in on you if they see a fight. They are just waiting to get in on an attack with a farang.

5 hours ago, tropo said:

Ah, no! You are confused.

It was the old "this problem could happen anywhere in Thailand" argument, but now that you mention it, beatdowns happen all over the world, especially in nightclub areas with alcohol. I specifically remember 2 deaths at the hands of nightclub security staff in my old town in Australia, which is far, far worse than this. There were another couple that I remember reading about recently too, in Australia. 

Most of my comment was about how safe Walking Street is if you mind your own business and don't argue with Thais. Do you disagree with that too?

Stop talking about a crime thousands of miles away in a dissimilar area  and situation. 

Pattaya has epidemic violence and crime directed towards the tourists. Do you disagree with that too?

Edited by soistalker

15 years in Thailand and whilst I must admit being an arrogant so and so on occasion, happy to say I never had a streetfight, or otherwise. I do wonder if the people shown on this and similar vids where simply asking for it or just very unlucky

27 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Stop talking about a crime thousands of miles away in a dissimilar area  and situation. 

Pattaya has epidemic violence and crime directed towards the tourists. Do you disagree with that too?

Stop talking about a drunken brawl in the wee hours being a crime ! stay on topic dude !!!

19 hours ago, Thechook said:

Ah, Pattaya the world class family "Resort"

I know a Swiss man who manages a resort there, he describes it as a Children's Playground, for me I m over it in 3 to 4 days that is all I can handle, if I was younger maybe longer but the place is getting worse now al the time.

2 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Stop talking about a drunken brawl in the wee hours being a crime ! stay on topic dude !!!

The Thai guys who beat him up were not drunk. And they committed a crime by attacking him. 

Youre so funny(obtuse).

Many people standing by, doing nothing... that's the real problem.  I can't say who was right or wrong because I wasn't there but a beating is never the answer.

Even earlier today, I was near Seattle in the USA and saw a manager fighting with someone who attempted to steel some bottles of alcohol, many people standing around but no one doing anything so I just walked behind the thief, put him in a choke hold and told him "You're done, you either give up or you give out, either way, you're done".  He calmed down, I sat him on the curb, treated him like a human being, said just be calm, all was good.  He ran when he saw the police roll up but it's not my job to chase someone, just to help protect others.  Certainly we still have human decency, right?  We should help each other?

16 minutes ago, JeffreyO said:

Many people standing by, doing nothing... that's the real problem.  I can't say who was right or wrong because I wasn't there but a beating is never the answer.

Even earlier today, I was near Seattle in the USA and saw a manager fighting with someone who attempted to steel some bottles of alcohol, many people standing around but no one doing anything so I just walked behind the thief, put him in a choke hold and told him "You're done, you either give up or you give out, either way, you're done".  He calmed down, I sat him on the curb, treated him like a human being, said just be calm, all was good.  He ran when he saw the police roll up but it's not my job to chase someone, just to help protect others.  Certainly we still have human decency, right?  We should help each other?

Real tough guy, huh?  

Wgat are you going to do? Fight those Thai guys? I guarantee you two things: 1. You will pay for any injuries to any Thai guy you hit; and 2. That would will then be every able-body Thai man in the area against you.

is that your plan, batman?

9 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Real tough guy, huh?  

Wgat are you going to do? Fight those Thai guys? I guarantee you two things: 1. You will pay for any injuries to any Thai guy you hit; and 2. That would will then be every able-body Thai man in the area against you.

is that your plan, batman?

Just take down one, the others generally run away at the first sign of trouble.  This is not a Thai issue it's common around the world.  If people are recording, I won't have any penalties or fines because it's clear what happened.

Your concept is the same as people who pass by those on the street after an accident, they think they'll be in trouble for just helping but that's no way to live a life.  Yes, I help people in need if I'm there and I will continue to do so.

If you're looking for trouble
You came to the right place

If you're looking for trouble
Just stare in this face

I was born looking out
From my Momma's sack
My daddy was the
Demon Werewolf Jack
Because I'm evil

My middle name is Misery
Said I'm evil, child
Yeah, don't you mess around with me
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, JeffreyO said:

Just take down one, the others generally run away at the first sign of trouble.  This is not a Thai issue it's common around the world.  If people are recording, I won't have any penalties or fines because it's clear what happened.

Your concept is the same as people who pass by those on the street after an accident, they think they'll be in trouble for just helping but that's no way to live a life.  Yes, I help people in need if I'm there and I will continue to do so.

Oh, and I wouldn't call myself a tough guy.  I try to avoid fighting as much as possible but... if someone has already initiated, the best we can do is try to stop it.

3 minutes ago, JeffreyO said:

Oh, and I wouldn't call myself a tough guy.  I try to avoid fighting as much as possible but... if someone has already initiated, the best we can do is try to stop it.

It depends. If they have guns you're dead.

19 hours ago, 007cableguy said:

#Don't they finish about midnight before they have to sort out the piss heads.... Seem to only be able deal with the odd Chinese who has lost the flag bearer lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not sure about now but you'd get a few around still but yes later on it got the numbers would get less and less.The tourist police desk used to pack up earlier.

20 hours ago, Justfine said:

Street assaults are far more common. Less people around, more alcohol.

Walking st is normally still quite busy at midnight, elsewhere quieter for sure. Your right about the booze though the later it gets.

15 hours ago, TomJoad said:

Last New Years Eve when I was in Pattaya, I thought there must have been a convention in town of single white (mostly older) males I didn't know about.  

Been to soi 6? Guess you could call it a congregation of missionaries...