Video: Foreign tourist brutally attacked by Walking Street thugs

webfact

1 minute ago, AlexCanada said:

Aggressive touts sticking signs for Ping Pong shows in your face should be banned from Walking Street as well.  Those guys really get angry when you don't acknowledge their existence.

Have never seen one get angry yet when ignored.  If you provoke them with aggressive behaviour, then all bets are off.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, tropo said:

You sound like the people who were afraid to enter the Central shopping mall when it was completed because they were afraid it would collapse. There are millions of tourists walking up and down Walking street every year, unscathed. If you walked there every day for the rest of your life the chances of a beating would be near zero, provided you didn't go around insulting Thai people or quarreling with them. This attack happened not because it was Walking Street, but because of some altercation between some Thais and a foreigner. Try the same anywhere else and you'd probably cop a beating too... but just walking up and down Walking Street minding your own business and being polite to Thai people - safe as houses.

Sorry but who are you quoting  on your post #186, You have my name put on your previous post 186 but the quote is from another poster. Not very clear my dear fellow.

30 minutes ago, tropo said:

You sound like the people who were afraid to enter the Central shopping mall when it was completed because they were afraid it would collapse. There are millions of tourists walking up and down Walking street every year, unscathed. If you walked there every day for the rest of your life the chances of a beating would be near zero, provided you didn't go around insulting Thai people or quarreling with them. This attack happened not because it was Walking Street, but because of some altercation between some Thais and a foreigner. Try the same anywhere else and you'd probably cop a beating too... but just walking up and down Walking Street minding your own business and being polite to Thai people - safe as houses.

Ah yes! The old "this problem happens in other countries too" argument. 

No. It does not. Thailand is devolving into an anarchy where Thais can cheat, hurt, and steal without getting caught.

like monkeys in the jungle.

2 minutes ago, soistalker said:

No. It does not. Thailand is devolving into an anarchy where Thais can cheat, hurt, and steal without getting caught.

This is hysterical fearmongering and fake news.  The US is a great place to visit and live in spite of some pockets of crime, occasional shootings.  Europe is also great in spite of several world war and regional conflicts.

Just now, torrzent said:

This is hysterical fearmongering and fake news.  The US is a great place to visit and live in spite of some pockets of crime, occasional shootings.  Europe is also great in spite of several world war and regional conflicts.

WW2 finished 73 years ago.

28 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Sorry but who are you quoting  on your post #186, You have my name put on your previous post 186 but the quote is from another poster. Not very clear my dear fellow.

I see your name got entangled there. Sorry! The reason is that instead of searching for the original manhood post I right clicked and "quote this" to save me the time. I'll try to have it fixed.

1 hour ago, smtsetup said:

Seems that the police officers at their desk opposite to Lucifer (200 meters from the scene) were too busy with their normal business to intervene. So were the ones at the police box in front of Nang Nual or desk at McDonalds, also 200 meters away in the opposite direction. 

Their normal business being playing and doing social media updates with their smartphones..

Usain Bolt couldn't run 200 metres in 18 seconds, it seemed to me like a scuffle that blew up and

ended pretty quickly. 

Yes the guy could have been badly hurt but he looked ok to me as he left.

6 hours ago, Benmart said:

This is not Sydney and zzzzzzzzzz speaks much about your mindset.

Toughen up sweetie what are you scared of ..bi monthly fights? LMAO. There are few places I fear but walking st would be near the bottom  so they gonna need to ramp it up a bit to wake me up zzzzzzzzzzzz :sleepy:

6 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Ah, no! You are confused.

It was the old "this problem could happen anywhere in Thailand" argument, but now that you mention it, beatdowns happen all over the world, especially in nightclub areas with alcohol. I specifically remember 2 deaths at the hands of nightclub security staff in my old town in Australia, which is far, far worse than this. There were another couple that I remember reading about recently too, in Australia. 

Most of my comment was about how safe Walking Street is if you mind your own business and don't argue with Thais. Do you disagree with that too?

12 hours ago, z42 said:

What a dog act by the 2 attackers. Once u start laying the boot into someone on the deck it should be mandatory jailtime.

Pattaya is not a bad place at all, just a lot of proper wrong uns there these days (more so than in days gone by).

I wonder that when once these spineless attackers get lifted they'll be charged with tarnishing Pattaya's reputation.. And no doubt the UK gutter press will be all over this like a cheap suit also ?

Except that if there is a lot of wrong uns it's going to be a bad place.

Archived